Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Windshield coating... What’s new/best?

Are there any new window coatings out there that are standouts? I searched by couldn’t find much recently. I’d like to catch some on cyber-sale! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windshield coating... What’s new/best?

I have liked Opti-Glass. It`s very easy to use. The sprayer tends to get clogged though.

Post Thanks / Like

Glassparency, but you need to be an authorized installer.

Post Thanks / Like

What glass coatings have you tried?

I have had success with McKee`s, Optimum Opti-Glass, CarPro FlyByForte. FlyByForte has been the most durable for me. McKee`s is best bang for the buck.

I recently purchased and applied Drexler Ceramic Glass Coat. Very user friendly and easy to work with like their paint coating. I don`t have water behavior updates on this as I just applied it to someones vehicle. I hope to get some feedback until I test it side by side with something else.

Adam`s has wipes for their glass coating application. Similar to glassparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I have liked Opti-Glass. It`s very easy to use. The sprayer tends to get clogged though.
    It is good but not the easiest to work with in my experience. It is a bit of a hassle to wipe off. It also tends to disintegrate foam applicator pads even after washing them out. It`s done this to a few pads. As far as the sprayer flushing it out with hot water keeps it from clogging up.

In a spray format I would take McKee`s over Opti-Glass.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Have tried a few, currently liking Gtechniq G1. For something less durable bet very easily applied more frequently, Angelwax H2Go worked well.

Kept more detailed notes on the ones I`ve tried here: https://budgetplan1.wordpress.com/gl...Glass_Coatings

Post Thanks / Like

I too have had good success with G1. I used Gyeon`s view as well but it did does as well as the Gtechniq. For side windows Cancoat works well for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is good but not the easiest to work with in my experience. It is a bit of a hassle to wipe off. It also tends to disintegrate foam applicator pads even after washing them out. It`s done this to a few pads. As far as the sprayer flushing it out with hot water keeps it from clogging up.

In a spray format I would take McKee`s over Opti-Glass.
    Ha, I always found it very easy to wipe off, unless I`m not remembering correctly. I usually use a blue Scott towel to apply so I haven`t run into the applicator issue. I`ll try the hot water trick on the sprayer. Optimum suggested soaking in mineral spirits if it`s already clogged, but I didn`t try that so I don`t know if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had the glassparency coating on my own windshield since Pan ran the promotion It’s only been average nothing fancy. When I first started playing around with window coating I tried the gtech but did not have anything besides aquapel to compare to so I kept trying other name brands. I have been applying gtech to other cars since I put glassparency on my own and I will be using just gtech it seems to last longer and be very noticeable to my eyes that it does well in durability.

plus the gtech comes in the bigger bottles.

has anyone else had my experience with glassparency because a lot of user love it. Maybe I had an application error or had a bad batch my glassparency stop preforming around Halloween 2020 and had been on since Pan ran that promotion

Post Thanks / Like

McKess`s stands out.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I only tried carpro`s flyby30, its cheap. 2 layers, quick flash time. Holding up fine after close to 4 mths.

Not sure if its the coating but when i cleaned the snow/ice off my front and back windshield a few days ago i noticed a difference. The front windshield didn`t have any ice and the back windshield had some crusty snow that i had to scrap off.

The front windshield is coated but the back one is not.

Post Thanks / Like

-Stop the game--AquaPel. for over 20+ years---!
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I’ve had the glassparency coating on my own windshield since Pan ran the promotion It’s only been average nothing fancy. When I first started playing around with window coating I tried the gtech but did not have anything besides aquapel to compare to so I kept trying other name brands. I have been applying gtech to other cars since I put glassparency on my own and I will be using just gtech it seems to last longer and be very noticeable to my eyes that it does well in durability.

plus the gtech comes in the bigger bottles.

has anyone else had my experience with glassparency because a lot of user love it. Maybe I had an application error or had a bad batch my glassparency stop preforming around Halloween 2020 and had been on since Pan ran that promotion
    I am like you in that GlassParency was not that good. Completely overhyped. The fact that it needs a maintenance wipe 3 months later should say all that is needed to say about it. Anyway Adams has the same product in their line up lol.

P&S Vue is looking promising. It hardened up the applicator which seems like a good sign of it. The others I listed up above don`t do that.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

<strong>-Stop the game--AquaPel. for over 20+ years---!</strong>
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I am like you in that GlassParency was not that good. Completely overhyped. The fact that it needs a maintenance wipe 3 months later should say all that is needed to say about it. Anyway Adams has the same product in their line up lol.

P&S Vue is looking promising. It hardened up the applicator which seems like a good sign of it. The others I listed up above don`t do that.
    Have you seen the new 15mm cordless from adams? One ugly machine that is.

Post Thanks / Like

We`ve done Glassparency on a couple of cars including my daily driver. If it weren`t for this thread serving as a reminder, I wouldn`t even know today that anything was applied to my glass. Lackluster at best.

I`ve used Aquapel for a long time and have been mostly pleased with it. Some of the newer products do intrigue me...
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information