Post Thanks / Like

Has Anyone Tried Detailing Products (formerly Detailer`s Pride) Car-Care Products??

OK, I admit: This is Captain Obvious` re-occuring thread theme: "Who has tried Company XYZ`s (or ABC`s) Car-Care Products?"

My reason is three-fold:
    1) Keeping this forum detailing product-centric for 2021 (food items are OK, but not really detailing-related AND seeing all you southern/far west winter-warm-weather Autopians that are posting your detail of vehicles is making me in the shadow of the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" jealous/envious.)
    2) It is winter what better way to past these cold,snowy months (NOT yet in Wisconsin, though) than to talk about detailing product experiences and opinions from other Autopians.
    3) Looking for a product line that offers excellent detailing task results at a good price (IE; value-prices detailing products)

Also, how does the new line compare to the old Detailer`s Pride line?

I also know that some may be questioning if bringing this product line back into existence is just Palm Beach Motoring Group`s (PBMG) "response" to McKee`s 37 product line being pulled abruptly from PBMG. I am not starting this thread to discuss that. It`s about the products in their offering, not the business motivation behind it. Nor am I interested in who owns the product formulations and who is making them. However, if some DP/PBMG representative(s)/spokesperson(s) wants to "discuss" those aspects, that`s fine. (I do think you are be "untruthful" Captain Obvious, the man with the big nose who wants to know the dirt-and-skinny on EVERYTHING.)

Thanks in advance for your DP experiences and opinions.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried Detailing Products (formerly Detailer`s Pride) Car-Care Products??

I had not tried the Detailer’s Pride line, but tried many of the M37 line which seemed to be post-Detailer’s Pride products. DP seems on par with M37, which is high praise. For any new detailer who wants very solid products across the board, I would send them to DP first. They are more affordable than M37 and with the deals on PBMG compared to the the M37 site, you’re going to really make out.

In general, the products are affordable, easy to use, they plain work, and they smell good. If I had one fundamental knock it’s that they have lower longevity than other brands in some cases. But that’s fine for the price or for a newbie.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried Detailing Products (formerly Detailer`s Pride) Car-Care Products??

Use their waterless wash and it was nice. Leaves paint slick.

Their windshield coating i have mixed feelings. Got roughly 2 months. Performed really well though. As a sealant i’d put it up their with Griots but something that is a coating i’d expect atleast 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I started using Detailers Pride products when they were first released back in 1998. DP products are very budget friendly and work just as well as some of higher end boutique products. I was sent a bunch of the "re-vamped" DP products last year and have been very happy with just about everything in the line. You can get some fantastic deals on DP. I believe they just had 30% off the entire line.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses and thoughts on the DP line of products. Please keep them coming ,especially if you have received one or more of their products as a sample or gift in an PBMG order to try out. It is always good to have choices for quality detailing products at a reasonable price.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used a couple of their products recently. Here is what I think (NOTICE: AG gave me all three of these products to test out and review, which I have on posts here and at AG)

DP Polish: Pretty good. Just enough cut to make it more versatile than some of the lighter finishing polishes like Sonax 04-06. I used it to one-step a medium/soft Jag F-Pace, and as a second step behind the DP Compound on rock hard, black, Porsche Cayenne. It finishes out pretty nicely, but I found it`s working time to be on the short side and it didn`t wipe off all that easy.

DP Compound. Just OK. Cut is on the lighter side and many people will probably want something more aggressive. Working time was really short. I never used it alone as a one-step so I can`t really say how it would finish out on it`s own, but on a black metallic Porsche Cayenne, I did get some hazing I had to remove with a finishing polish. It took a lot of work to correct the Porsche`s paint with this product and my more aggressive pads. The short working time didn`t help things.

DP VLP Coating. I`ve never used a product of this type so I wasn`t sure what to expect. It was easy to use, and left my interior vinyl and plastic looking pretty good. You see the surface darken, but it isn`t shiny or even satin...more of a clean, new OEM look. As for durability, I`m not really sure how you`d measure it on an interior product, so I can only guess it`s still working a few months after I applied it. I baby the interior of my car and it is usually only a little dusty in it`s worst shape.

For the polishes, I think they finish down better than other entry-level products like Meguiars Ultimate Polish/Compound, but they don`t have the longer working time to make them user friendly for someone new to the hobby.

The rest of their products may be just fine. I don`t know if I`ve even been 100% satisfied with an entire product line. I always cherry pick products based on what I need.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add one.

Hydro Wet Seal: It`s a spray on, rinse off LSP. Not sure I`m the best person for this type of process. I used it on my wheels and the beading seemed to last about 2 weeks. It didn`t seem to help keep them cleaner or easier to clean, but it might be better on paint.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips sent me a sample of the DP Wheel and Tire Cleaner last summer for participating in a "Find a post where I said a thing" contest he did on the sister site.

I was actually quite disappointed with that one - I can`t say I saw any appreciable cleaning beyond a regular car wash soap. Tried it on my daily driver`s wheels (admittedly, a tough task since they get hammered fast), as well as on my wife`s much easier to clean wheels; neither showed results I`d expect using something labeled as a wheel cleaner. During that round of testing, I compared the results against Iron X, Griot`s Iron and Fallout Remover, and Griot`s Foaming Surface Prep, and Griot`s Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner. Each out-performed the DP.

I`m sure they`ve got a lot of other good stuff, I`d just skip that one (from my experience with it).

Side note - I (think) I get what they`re going for with the "DP Detailing Products" (Detailer`s Pride Detailing Products, yes?), but seems like an odd choice to me. The way it reads, it reminds me of when people call it an "ATM Machine" or "PIN Number".
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Thread Information