Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...

A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...-graphene_bottle_front.jpg

A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...-graphene_bottle_back.jpg

This van was originally coated w/ Gtechniq CSL in January of 2017; after coating it was topped with Gtechniq C2V3. The self cleaning aspects of that combo were pretty poor, every time it rained it left (easily removed with wash) water spotting. It started keeping itself cleaner of its own accord about 2-3 months in, likely when the C2V3 wore off. I liked the richness of the underlying CSL but water behavior of that alone is not that visually entertaining so in October 2017 or thereabouts, gave it a decon wash and went over the whole thing with Gyeon CanCoat which turned out to be a very nice combo. It’s been somewhat maintained with 3 or 4 touchless tunnel washes (soap/rinse only) each Summer. It’s back to being CSL-ish as the CanCoat has obviously worn off long ago. Rinseless washed the hood this morning, wiped down with IGL Pre-Clean and did half with SPS Graphene Detailer and the other half with Kamikaze Overcoat. Van will sit inside overnight and then be released into the Cleveland Winter tomorrow. Will be interesting to watch going forward, will see the truck each day to monitor.
    A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...-graphene_overcoat_csl.jpg

This truck had the hood coated in January of 2019 with Kamikaze Zipang + Miyabi + Zipang and is still doing very well as far as staying clean w/ little to no maintenance. Guy who drives this truck doesn’t go thru touchless washes so the surface has had no real maintenance since application. It still maintains a nice ‘3ft away clean’ look despite not having any maintenance done, which is ‘good enough’ for what I want out of a coating in a fleet environment. This truck will be released into the wild this evening, about 10hrs after application. I’ll also see this truck every day going forward and it will mostly see a 60 mile commute each day, freeway. Rinseless washed the hood this morning, wiped down with IGL Pre-Clean and applied the SPS Graphene Detailer.
    A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...-graphene_on_zipang.jpg

After the surface was clean, applied the Graphene Detailer by spraying on surface, spreading/leveling with a 300gsm Eagle Edgeless, followed by final buff with Eagle Edgeless 350gsm. Was stupid easy to use, no streaking even though I purposely ‘over-used’ the product. Left a very nice, smooth (all things considered) surface…nice stuff to use for sure.

When I get a chance sometime soon (hopefully, although I do occasionally gotta do work-related stuff at work) I’ll pull a non-coated truck outta the line, decon, prep, polish the hood and then apply the Graphene Detailer to the naked paint and see how that goes. We just got 4 new vehicles, one of which I’ll be coating in SPS Graphene coating so will use this on top of that as well.

Edit: Worth noting that things usually look better in pictures. Panels are nice, glossy and relatively smooth but not quite as good as they appear, fair amount of scratches and such but still looking good and shiny to 80% of the world.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes The Guz, Loach, Detailrookie!, SWETM, Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...

Is the overcoat that much more reflective Or was it just the way the light was?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casebrius View Post
    Is the overcoat that much more reflective Or was it just the way the light was?
    I`ll have to check tomorrow, truck was kinda at the dark end of warehouse. Didn`t notice any real difference in the low light.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice it’s amazing that this company has such a lead on all others in market. Alfred Yow with the monopoly

It also looks like a craft brewed healthy lemonade
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in on this thread!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet thread. Thanks BudgetMan.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing the results!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...

Subscribed.

I know coating available..... something public can buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome budgetplan!

Will be fun to see your experience with this graphene detailer!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Subscribed.

I know coating available..... something public can buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dunno what their plans are for avaliability, has been out for a month or 2 I think but just showed up on their website for purchase last week when I ordered a bottle of the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Will follow this thread closely.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a chance to prep, compound and polish a hood and then apply the Graphene Detailer. It`s smoooooth on a `fresh` surface.

Was nice to get a chance to pick up a Rupes polisher again, it`s been a while. Checking pressure on a scale to get the feel, concentrating on VERY defined, smaller sections...and a few other things I picked up in live training last month made all the difference in the world, never cut and finished this quick with less effort.
    A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...-graphene_split1.jpg

Done and Graphene Detailer applied
    A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...-graphene_hood.jpg

I think this was the hood I dried monster-aggressively last year with a crusty cotton shop towel that had been laying on the warehouse floor to see how bad it would mark up; it was pretty jacked up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Loach, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

nice, did you do the rupes training?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    nice, did you do the rupes training?
    Esoteric

I believe I was better w the Rupes 15 back when I got it but had gotten a little sloppy with it since grabbing a forced rotation and using that more and more to make up for my long-throw technique laziness.

Some time spent with pros who do this every day was quite beneficial as they immediately picked up on some things I was missing or had forgotten...or had considered inconsequential; I am often my own worst enemy. Lots of times I think I know everything when in fact I really know little to nothing. A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what happens. Brett said the Detailer won’t stay on any ceramic products. I would like to use it on my wife’s truck until I get around to coating it with Graphene. Putting it on the bare paint will be a good test! Someone commented on the FB page that the coating handled that type of weather very good.

I definitely agree with you on the stupid easy to use. Probably the first Detailer that offers protection I’ve ever used with no streaking issues.

Have you tried the coating on glass yet? I like it a lot better than Ooti-glass. Not sure about the durability yet.

Graphene self healing is going to be out in a month or so. Did you see the video on the FB page. I’m pretty sure that was a prototype not the finished product. Looked pretty good.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information