Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    I want the Flex PXE, but for $170 (15% off code) this is looking suuuuuper tempting. I`m sure the Flex is way nicer, but it`s over twice the price so it should be. For spot polishing or headlights this could be a real winner. Looks pretty similar to the Rupes iBrid. The description mentions a carpet brush attachment, in rotary mode for doing mats and carpets this would be killer.



    • Cordless, lightweight detailing tool
    • Perfects areas that Swirl Killer Mini cannot
    • 1 hour of continuous run time
    • Rotary, 3mm & 12mm throw attachments
    • Includes 2 12V, 2 Ah batteries and charger$

  2. #2
    Sizzle Chest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,816
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    I have one and really like it. Good value/tool for the money IMO.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    I have one and really like it. Good value/tool for the money IMO.

    This the "secret" polisher that you were testing out within the last few months?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    I have one and really like it. Good value/tool for the money IMO.

    Good to know, I see in your write ups that you tend to use some Adam`s stuff. 1 hour of battery per battery sounds incredible. Do you know if they have any plans to release other size backing plates?

  5. #5
    Sizzle Chest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    1,816
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    This the "secret" polisher that you were testing out within the last few months?
    Yes, it was. I am now allowed to say it!



    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Good to know, I see in your write ups that you tend to use some Adam`s stuff. 1 hour of battery per battery sounds incredible. Do you know if they have any plans to release other size backing plates?
    I do, I like some of his products and use them frequently. I have not used it straight for that length of time, but I know it lasts for at half that and still has juice left.

    I am not sure if they are going to release additional sizes.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Looks like normal backing plate. I`m sure you can change the backing plates to different sizes once we know what the thread is on the bolt. I bet the 1", 2" and 3" backing plates that I use on my GG pneumatic polisher with a smaller threaded bolt will work.

    I am not even considering the Rupes Ibrid anymore.

  7. #7
    John U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eagan MN & Scottsdale AZ
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    My Diavolo 12V Promo cordless w/flex kit was delivered today. Itís the kissing cousin to this one. $119 with a flex cable kit and lots of pads and buffs and a zippered case.
    Likes Bobh591 liked this post

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    My Diavolo 12V Promo cordless w/flex kit was delivered today. Itís the kissing cousin to this one. $119 with a flex cable kit and lots of pads and buffs and a zippered case.
    Yeah looks very similar although the Diavlo doesnít random orbit...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes John U liked this post

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Looks like normal backing plate. I`m sure you can change the backing plates to different sizes once we know what the thread is on the bolt. I bet the 1", 2" and 3" backing plates that I use on my GG pneumatic polisher with a smaller threaded bolt will work.

    I am not even considering the Rupes Ibrid anymore.
    Only thing I like about the Ibrid is you can run it corded too. One of Jimbo`s YT video from SEMA he commented how the Adam`s feels cheap compared to the Ibrid, I laughed because it`s less than half the price so nobody should even be expecting it to have the same built quality. With their BF sale coming up you should be able to snag this for $150`ish which would be an awesome deal. Even full $199 the only thing close to the price is the Diavolo but that`s rotary only.

    The IBrid`s nice, but it`s too expensive and I don`t believe with the level of engineers they have working for them that Rupes couldn`t make one unit with swap-able necks. I know nothing about small pads though so I need to go read up on what to buy.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    This might be just the tool for doing hazed plastic lens headlight restorations. I will wait for some write-ups and evaluations by fellow Autopians before considering it.
    (Beta-tester Sizzle Chest?)
    GB detailer

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    84,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    quebert- I appreciate your takes on the ibrid vs. Adams despite my general disinclination towards Adams stuff and even though I really want to be able to plug it in. But yeah, when on-sale for ~$150 that Adams unit sure does sound intriguing.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    quebert- I appreciate your takes on the ibrid vs. Adams despite my general disinclination towards Adams stuff and even though I really want to be able to plug it in. But yeah, when on-sale for ~$150 that Adams unit sure does sound intriguing.
    seeing how I`ve never used either, it`s just me blabbering. If I could comfortably afford the Ibrid(s) I`d probably own both. Seeing how the Adam`s is made in China there should be a $99 knock off out soon. The new Adams store`s is about 30 minutes from me, when this is out I`ll go see if they`ll let me play with one before I decide to buy it. Even on sale @ $150, that`s a lot to drop on something I might not like. Sizzle saying it`s good makes me pretty hopeful though. I`ve seen his picture write ups. He`s detailing Ferrari`s & Lambo`s in front of a Scarface looking mansion so he`s a legit detailer.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    84,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    ... Even on sale @ $150, that`s a lot to drop on something I might not like..
    Yeah, I too want to avoid Buyer`s Remorse if I can

    Sizzle saying it`s good makes me pretty hopeful though. I`ve seen his picture write ups. He`s detailing Ferrari`s & Lambo`s in front of a Scarface looking mansion so he`s a legit detailer
    Heh heh, I too consider SizzleChest credible (to say the least), but it`s NOT because he`s doing work on those kinds of cars for clients in big houses

  14. #14
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    3,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Only thing I like about the Ibrid is you can run it corded too. One of Jimbo`s YT video from SEMA he commented how the Adam`s feels cheap compared to the Ibrid, I laughed because it`s less than half the price so nobody should even be expecting it to have the same built quality. With their BF sale coming up you should be able to snag this for $150`ish which would be an awesome deal. Even full $199 the only thing close to the price is the Diavolo but that`s rotary only.

    The IBrid`s nice, but it`s too expensive and I don`t believe with the level of engineers they have working for them that Rupes couldn`t make one unit with swap-able necks. I know nothing about small pads though so I need to go read up on what to buy.
    I have the Rupes and I have yet to use it corded. The batteries are just to convenient. Rupes will be using their magnet technology from the Q Mag on the next ibrid.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    My Diavolo 12V Promo cordless w/flex kit was delivered today. Itís the kissing cousin to this one. $119 with a flex cable kit and lots of pads and buffs and a zippered case.
    Did Diavolo offer a free 2nd battery? I was able to get one for my Diavolo 16V from them at no charge.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 01:47 AM
  2. Griot`s Garage 6" RO polisher or Meguiar`s DA polisher for a beginner?
    By xradman in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 04:45 PM
  3. Adam`s Detail Clinic: May 16 @ Adam`s HQ, Torrance, CA
    By Adam's Polishes in forum Sponsor Support Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
  4. Milwaukee AP12QE Rotary polisher OR Makita 9227C Polisher
    By pampos in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
  5. Micro swirls/ micro marring
    By LouisanaJeeper in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 10:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •