Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s Micro SK polisher

Quote Originally Posted by kazekunai View Post
    Just to add another data point. I bought one of these on Black Friday and so far the only thing I don`t like is that in rotary mode it will stop if it bogs down or runs too long on high speed or with pressure at lower speeds.

On speed 4 and 5 it will go for about 25 seconds then stops; It doesn`t do this in DA mode. I saw on YouTube this happened to other people as well so I assume it is done on purpose to keep consumers from burning paint.

Not a deal breaker but it is something to be aware of. Also the threading for the backing plate is different than the rules incase you were hoping they are interchangeable.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Same happens to my iBrid. I don`t bother using the rotary mode because it`s annoying that it keeps stalling.
    Likes kazekunai liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone get to run it through some paces? Trying to decide between this and a pixie. Anyone have both and could do a side by side?

Worried about getting the pixie in my grill opening. Ibrid will fit bit not paying $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Mini review of the Adam`s unit:

Very similar feel to the Rupes, yes it`s not as `quality`, but as others said in this thread, it`s not a $500+ piece of kit. It has OK power on the lower settings...I`ve been running it wide open or almost (5) for most of my time with it and it is definitely on par with my iBrid, just a little `less`. Attachments work well, rotary and DA. Battery life has worked well for me and I seldom have to switch them out, just remember, I use this for the small areas and am not polishing a hood or anything with it. LOL

It`s louder than the Rupes, but we all should be wearing hearing protection.

Bottom line: We have all been waiting for a viable alternative to the iBrid, and in my opinion it has finally been released.

Hope this helps out a bit more!

(and thank you everyone for the kind comments about me/my work in this thread!)
    Do you know if the Rupes counter weights are the same threading as the Adams on where it connects to the polisher? I`m just curious if they are possible replacement parts if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

They are different. Last week I took my Ibrid to Civicclutch so he could compare and that was one thing he did check.
    Likes kazekunai liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Are references to "Rules" backing plates/threads typos that were supposed to be "Rup​es"?

Huh, glad people are mentioning the stalling. Rotary mode is when I`m likely to be aggressive (e.g.,. polishing metal) and I don`t want stalling period.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, my phone auto corrected and I didn`t realize it changed Rupes to rules.

Post Thanks / Like

kazekunai- Heh heh, auto-correct can really, uhm...surprise ya alright! Thanks for clarifying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JustJesus- Heh heh, I`m deliberately *NOT* gonna investigate what`s (presumably) better about the "new" Flex 3401 But hmm, maybe there won`t be some big price drop after all.
    Oh, Accumulator Maybe that`s good on you. Being a fan of the 3401 myself, I had to know! The two main takeaways are the plastic shroud, not that plastic is better, but it`s supposed to not run as hot. It`s also supposed to be a quieter machine. From the short video clip I saw, it definitely is.

The Adams` *is* a nice option for us to have, but I think I`d still rather wait a little and get the Flex PXE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazekunai View Post
    the only thing I don`t like is that in rotary mode it will stop if it bogs down or runs too long on high speed or with pressure at lower speeds.
    Good post. I too have that issue with the Diavolo 12V unit. I purchased Adams 2" blue and white pads which lessen the bog/stop I got with the Diavolo pads, but it is frustrating. You saved me buying an Adams and having the same issue. I find keeping the pad "wet" and using little pressure does work. It does make "heat" with the rpms they can spin.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had the stopping in rotary mode problem with my unit. I even tested both batteries out when i first got mine by running it in rotary mode until the batteries ran out. It never stopped on its own. My hand would cramp after a while and I would intentionally stop.

Post Thanks / Like

DBAILEY- Huh, wonder what`s up with the differing experiences..

Post Thanks / Like

I was polishing my side windows 2 days ago with it in rotary mode (M37 glass restorer) and was definitely polishing longer than the 30 seconds at a time that people are saying it stalls at. I was using the brush attachment on some upholstery stains in rotary mode too. It didn`t stop then either. I don`t recall what speed I was polishing at so maybe that`s the difference. I`ll test it out tonight. I didn`t know about this problem.

I like the unit. The main body is solid. I have wondered about whether regreasing the gears in the head would make it quieter like people do with the HF DA polisher, but I don`t want to take it apart.

The brush attachment looks like the same thread as the Rupe`s brush attachments. I am assuming the Adam`s is a medium stiffness one equivalent. Hoping the 2 other Rupe`s brushes will work on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I have not had the stopping in rotary mode problem with my unit. I even tested both batteries out when i first got mine by running it in rotary mode until the batteries ran out. It never stopped on its own. My hand would cramp after a while and I would intentionally stop.
    We’re you using it? Applying pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes of course. Just tried it again. Rupe`s 2" coarse wool pad. I can run it as long as I want. It doesn`t stop on its own. How would the machine know it`s in rotary mode anyways? You`re just screwing the counter weight adapter onto the end of the spinning spindle. It`s not like you`re flipping a switch or anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the stopping is not intentional and there must be something wrong with your unit.

I just tried the 1" and 2" extensions that I got with my Proxxon micro rotary and the threads match. I can use the backing plates that came with it also.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information