Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s new UV ceramic paint coating

They showed this @ SEMA, a UV reactive coating so you can use a light to see missed or high spots. I like techie stuff, and this is mostly overkill for me as even I can apply most coatings without extra guidance. I think the idea`s cool, and I think my customers would probably find it to be "OMGZ!" without understanding anything lol. As it`s the same price, I was assuming this was maybe just their old coating tweaked with the UV properties. But their web site says 5+ years. I know that`s probably way over optimistic. But their previous version was rated at 1 year. Assuming I could get half that, a 2 1/2 year coating would be pretty slick. I know people have strong opinions about Adam`s. I like a lot of their stuff, and they have one of the cheaper Iron Removers out there, and it actually smells pretty okay. *shrug* I want to try this coating for sure. I think with their newer ceramic line they`ve made some pretty big jumps in their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s new UV ceramic paint coating

Betcha chemical guys has the same thing! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve heard good things. I feel his super fans give him a bad name. I’ve found great values over there and products I’ve used have been good.

I think this is great for his target customer higher end consumer diy’ers. If this woulda been out when I did mine I probably woulda went with that due to my high apots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes nickfire20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve heard good things. I feel his super fans give him a bad name. I’ve found great values over there and products I’ve used have been good.

I think this is great for his target customer higher end consumer diy’ers. If this woulda been out when I did mine I probably woulda went with that due to my high apots

*IF* this gives anywhere close to 5 years, which I know it probably won`t. But if it`s on par with the few other consumer available coatings that claim to last 5 years. It`s $100 for a 50ml bottle, and stuff`s almost always 15% off on Adam`s or just cheaper on Amazon. and you only use 1 layer for a vehicle? This would be an absolutely steal and a could end up being a solid choice for professional detailers. CSL+EXO claims 5 years but that`s 2 products and costs $170`ish. Zipang is 5 years too, but that`s $300+ which puts it in a way different class. There`s still a lot of if`s I`d need to see 1st before I went all in on this. But if it looks good, has good cleaning ability and can last 2-3 years I`d probably use it for my business. As a guy trying to get into a full time detailing gig, the selection of above average prosumer coatings are pretty slim. IGL you gotta apply, Modesto you gotta apply, Fendlab you gotta apply. What I can buy right now is pretty limiting, and they all seem to be rated at 1-3 years.

I hope a couple non Adam`s fanatics will put it thru the ringer. I`ve dealt with a few of his super fans you speak of and wouldn`t be able to trust their opinion on this. I`m sure the second it was announced they were already proclaiming it the greatest coating ever lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    They showed this @ SEMA, a UV reactive coating so you can use a light to see missed or high spots..
    I`m no fan of Adams, but that would be a great help to some of us, hope somebody here does a review that focuses on that aspect of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    *IF* this gives anywhere close to 5 years, which I know it probably won`t. But if it`s on par with the few other consumer available coatings that claim to last 5 years. It`s $100 for a 50ml bottle, and stuff`s almost always 15% off on Adam`s or just cheaper on Amazon. and you only use 1 layer for a vehicle? This would be an absolutely steal and a could end up being a solid choice for professional detailers. CSL+EXO claims 5 years but that`s 2 products and costs $170`ish. Zipang is 5 years too, but that`s $300+ which puts it in a way different class. There`s still a lot of if`s I`d need to see 1st before I went all in on this. But if it looks good, has good cleaning ability and can last 2-3 years I`d probably use it for my business. As a guy trying to get into a full time detailing gig, the selection of above average prosumer coatings are pretty slim. IGL you gotta apply, Modesto you gotta apply, Fendlab you gotta apply. What I can buy right now is pretty limiting, and they all seem to be rated at 1-3 years.

I hope a couple non Adam`s fanatics will put it thru the ringer. I`ve dealt with a few of his super fans you speak of and wouldn`t be able to trust their opinion on this. I`m sure the second it was announced they were already proclaiming it the greatest coating ever lol.
    Claimed durability should be taken with a grain of salt regardless of the brand. It would not be my main focus if I was starting a business on offering a coating based on claimed durability.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems a little gimmicky to me. Yeah the color changing looks cool and all that, but for those that don`t have issues with high spots, which I think are most experienced detailers, it`s not much of an advantage. Now if it lasts longer than 2 years, that`s another situation and would be worth using just for the better durability over UK3.0 .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Seems a little gimmicky to me. Yeah the color changing looks cool and all that, but for those that don`t have issues with high spots, which I think are most experienced detailers, it`s not much of an advantage. Now if it lasts longer than 2 years, that`s another situation and would be worth using just for the better durability over UK3.0 .
    Again though.... Adam’s isn’t geared towards the pro it’s designed for the consumer.... it woulda been invaluable on my coating job. Had to redo 2 panels....

Post Thanks / Like

Isn’t the light just a black light?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah CB it I believe they put something in coating to make it luminescent

Thread Information