Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW 303 tire protectants.

[Original Post DELETED..]

OK, OK...I`m sure it`s OK stuff like virtually every other Tire Slime on the market, and some folks take the whole "Tire Protection" thing a lot more seriously than I do and I recognize that 303 has a rep for delivering that. But no Aerosols for me thanks...
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While I wasn’t a huge fan of the balm they make at first. I do somewhat like it now that I learned through trial and error to apply it rather heavy.

So 303 can make some good products. If they run a nice sale on these I will try them although I think I have 8 bottles of the tire balm lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    But no Aerosols for me thanks...
    I`m with you, an aerosol spray just seems like a recipe for disaster!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I hate the aerosol products too. That`s why I don`t like raggtop. There`s just no way to be accurate with aerosol application. Aerosols seem to put more chemicals into the air that you have to worry about not inhaling. Not that you probably have to worry about in the foam as shown above.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, bobfic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Cover All and that is an aerosol and it has been great to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to take a crowbar to get me away from Duragloss #253.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I’m picky about most detailing products but I can’t get excited about tire shine stuff. I’ve still got a half bottle of the good TW tire coating that I break out for special occasions. Other than that I use Perl.

No aerosols for me either. I tried the TW tire shine aerosol and that stuff got all over the rims and I had to scrape it off. Not fun.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Question, do any other companies have aerosol products in a can like Meguiar`s DUB Tire Shine? It has an adjustable tip which was one of the smartest things I`ve seen on a aerosol can. I don`t usually like spray anything but Meguiar`s had a good one there imho. But since I`ve never seen it elsewhere, and I don`t even think Meg has it on any other product. I must have been the only one who liked it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna try one more coating, Mckees or possibly black pearl and if I don’t love it back to Perl. Probably my all time favorite tire shine. I like it 60/40 and it seems to last a while longer.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the now defunct Top Of the Line Detailing Supply used to sell covers with an O-Ring for various rim diameters to keep such tire shine aerosols from getting on them. I don`t know, but you might be able to "adapt" garage can lids or covers from larger round plastic containers for such a task, IF you wanted to use an aerosol spray.

I do know that Optimum Polymer Technology sells an applicator spray bottle ,almost like an air brush, to be used with compressed air for their Opti-Bond Tire Gel for high-volume use. This is the tire gel I currently use, but I apply it by hand with Eagle-One tire applicator sponges (the black sponge and yellow backing)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    OK, OK...I`m sure it`s OK stuff like virtually every other Tire Slime on the market, and some folks take the whole "Tire Protection" thing a lot more seriously than I do and I recognize that 303 has a rep for delivering that. But no Aerosols for me thanks...
    I`m with you regarding the aerosols. Why on earth would you spray it directly on the tires with an aerosol can. You`re just asking for stuff to go all over the tire and the wheel unless you`re dealing with a big tire with lots of sidewall. I learned that lesson long ago with the Meguiar`s Hot Shine tire dressing. Also, one small puff of a breeze and there is overspray all over the paint. I was surprised to see the the picture showing the tire shine protectant being directly applied pretty heavily on the tire. If you look closely at the spray pattern of the product in the photo, it looks like it`s going all over the wheel too!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Use this for aresol and tire cleaners in general to keep products of satin finished rims

You can order it in up to 22” and just hold over wheel why spraying.....works pretty well

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Use this for aresol and tire cleaners in general to keep products of satin finished rims

You can order it in up to 22” and just hold over wheel why spraying.....works pretty well

I like this idea a lot, but the 6 pack of all the sizes is $110. That`s some damn expensive plastic. Although it`s not just plastic as I`m sure they`re made to withstand chemicals. This is something I`ll be adding to my wish list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I like this idea a lot, but the 6 pack of all the sizes is $110. That`s some damn expensive plastic. Although it`s not just plastic as I`m sure they`re made to withstand chemicals. This is something I`ll be adding to my wish list
    Yeah I’m just a weekend warrior so only needed one size. It’s thinner plastic but took the full 235 I’m carrying on it on a driveway and didn’t crack....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information