Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW 303 tire protectants.

Well...I`d need every size from 15" to 18" so IMO a complete set is a good way to market `em.

But at the risk of sounding like a critical [jerk]..looking at the second pic that Coatings=crack posted, that RimBrim doesn`t work all that well...wasted product, product on the rim, and [REPEAT aerosol concerns].

And I don`t really get it...you`re still gonna have to wipe the product anyhow so the way I see it, you`re trading 1) wipe product on with applicator, wipe off excess...for 2)cover wheel with shield, spray product, wipe off excess. And once the applicator is primed there`s enough on there to do at least one side of the vehicle, so (much as I do hate sliming my tires..) it`s awfully quick and easy with no real chance of an "oops!".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well...I`d need every size from 15" to 18" so IMO a complete set is a good way to market `em.

But at the risk of sounding like a critical [jerk]..looking at the second pic that Coatings=crack posted, that RimBrim doesn`t work all that well...wasted product, product on the rim, and [REPEAT aerosol concerns].

And I don`t really get it...you`re still gonna have to wipe the product anyhow so the way I see it, you`re trading 1) wipe product on with applicator, wipe off excess...for 2)cover wheel with shield, spray product, wipe off excess. And once the applicator is primed there`s enough on there to do at least one side of the vehicle, so (much as I do hate sliming my tires..) it`s awfully quick and easy with no real chance of an "oops!".
    Agree on all points. Simply putting the product on the applicator and wiping it on is so much easier.

The Rim Brim is an interesting idea, but it doesn`t help with overspray issues. Around here there is always a mild breeze blowing. There would be almost no way to apply an aerosol product outdoors without it going in an unwanted direction. Having to shuffle vehicles into the garage simply to dress the tires isn`t going to happen.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Even inside my shop, the air currents give me pause with regards to aerosols and other spraying. The dehumidifier, HVAC, compressor...lots of things keep the air stirred up.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh..."paint wheels while they are on the tire.."

But yeah, I get that catalog too, and there`s often interesting stuff in it.

I wonder if spraying Tire Product on (instead of wiping on with an applicator) might explain why some get sling...i.e., from lots of excess product. Sling is one of those supposed issues that I`ve never encountered..well, not after the first time I used Armor All back in the `70s; it was one of those immediate "oh, I oughta do it this way instead, problem solved" situations, not some ongoing challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Was running off on the sides.... easy to wipe down. Did it’s job kept from getting in the cracks or crevices and deeper into the barrels.

I agree wen wiping on dressings and coating simpler to put on applicator. This was tire cleaner that I wanted to let dwell clean for a coating application. Rim shield was a nice product. Would be valuable for professionals as it will protect the face of customers wheels

Just posted for people who do wanna use aerosol products. Griots foaming cleaner in the can is a great maintenance cleaner.

If you are going to use aerosols or just worried about damaging your wheel finish then I recommend this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings=Crack- Hey, thanks for explaining that to me! A *CLEANER*, ah, OK...now I`m with you. For some (less than brilliant ) reason I was only thinking in terms of Tire Dressings being sprayed on, not Tire Cleaners.

Yeah, I dislike the chore of keeping my Rubber Cleaner off the wheels (even though I`m not using an aerosol). Hmm..now if I could figure out a way to keep the shield on the wheel while both hands are doing other things...

And that`s interesting to me about the GG Foaming Cleaner; their (regular) Rubber Cleaner is so gentle that it doesn`t even hurt the dirt much, but still not something I want to get on waxed surfaces.

And the note about "..valuable for Professionals.." is a good reminder that you Pros have concerns that don`t always occur to us amateurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings=Crack- Hey, thanks for explaining that to me! A *CLEANER*, ah, OK...now I`m with you. For some (less than brilliant ) reason I was only thinking in terms of Tire Dressings being sprayed on, not Tire Cleaners.

Yeah, I dislike the chore of keeping my Rubber Cleaner off the wheels (even though I`m not using an aerosol). Hmm..now if I could figure out a way to keep the shield on the wheel while both hands are doing other things...

And that`s interesting to me about the GG Foaming Cleaner; their (regular) Rubber Cleaner is so gentle that it doesn`t even hurt the dirt much, but still not something I want to get on waxed surfaces.

And the note about "..valuable for Professionals.." is a good reminder that you Pros have concerns that don`t always occur to us amateurs.
    No I get it. Never thought of using it to apply dressings. Like you it doesn’t make sense to me. Waste of product and would get on paint.

Not a pro buy any means. Just wanted to protect unfinished paint on wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    No I get it. Never thought of using it to apply dressings...
    Heh heh, and *I* never thought of it for cleaners! Guess we both managed to miss the boat and confuse each other

Not a pro buy any means...
    Ah, OK, I somehow thought you were doing cars for others...
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, and *I* never thought of it for cleaners! Guess we both managed to miss the boat and confuse each other

Ah, OK, I somehow thought you were doing cars for others...
    I help friends a lot but that’s just to get experience polishing..... I’d rate myself a senior noob! NEW 303 tire protectants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I help friends a lot but that’s just to get experience polishing..... I’d rate myself a senior noob! NEW 303 tire protectants.
    Heh heh, that was good
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information