Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

looking for a QD or Sealant to add to waterless wash

I know people love Bead Maker, but 1st time using it on a car you go thru like 2/3rds of a bottle so it`s value goes down to me. I figure at least half my customers will be new people, who I might never see again. So I`m looking for a good one off combo. I ordered a new waterless and it has nothing added, so no shine for my customers cars. People don`t notice swirls and marring, but they see shine. I don`t have a go to QD, for awhile I used V07, and I`ve had bottles of various other ones. My math skills suck, but even if I bought a gallon of BM, I`d have to use 10`is ounces the 1st go around. Which wouldn`t make it any cheaper than other QD`s. I`ve seen a lot of brands recently I`ve never even heard of. So I`m here to ask what else should I look into? And I`d like to try a few mid level sealants and mixing them with WW to see if I could get something that would look good and give 3`ish months protection. Seems like it would be a pretty good up-sale. I`d like 1 cheaper QD combo for all my normal washes, and 1 sealant mix for up-sale.

I`m pushing being eco conscious pretty hard, so I`d want something that`s available in a gallon+ size so I`m not filling the landfill with a bunch of bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking for a cost effective QD to add to waterless wash

I know you`re pretty far along in your decision-making process...but why would you go with a "no-gloss" WW and then go over the car again with a QD for "gloss"? If there is a scenario where you don`t want the "shine", then maybe you need a different WW for the situations where you do.

I`ve never used CarPro Ech2O as a WW, only as a RW, but it`s pretty shiny. It`s also pretty expensive, but the CarPro site says you can dilute it up to 15:1 for WW.

I haven`t used Bead Maker, and I`m a little behind the times, but my usual culprits for spray wax would be Optimum Car Wax (OCW) and Duragloss AquaWax (AW). You could certainly mix the AW with your WW. I`m bringing these into the discussion because even though you are asking for a QD, your benchmark is Bead Maker, which is listed as a spray sealant (note that the DG AW is a sealant, not a wax). Neither OCW or AW is going to require more than normal for the first application.

I guess if I was doing it and I wanted normal and upsell, I would have 2 different WW`s, rather than going over the car twice for the upsell...of course you can always look at it the other way, especially if you have some sort of expensive sprayer for the WW and you don`t want to have two of them. Sorry, I`m rambling...not enough coffee.

Oh, PS: For some reason Ech2O is very good on tires, in my limited experience (and using it as a rinseless). It seems to have this magical ability on dressed tires that are starting to brown a little to turn them back to black and very acceptable looking. Just throwing that out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used several products from these guys over the years. Nothing earth shattering but they work

https://majesticsolutions.com/product/quick-slick

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Rinselss and Mckee`s 37 Rinse Free Wash and Wax leave freshly waxed appearances and are also pretty economical. When diluted to 1:32, both leave freshly waxed appearances. I personally lean towards Wolfgang Uber Rinseless.

I also like ECH20 for wheels, but only for wheels as I don`t find it slick enough for my applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking for a QD or Sealant to add to waterless wash

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I know people love Bead Maker, but 1st time using it on a car you go thru like 2/3rds of a bottle so it`s value goes down to me. I figure at least half my customers will be new people, who I might never see again. So I`m looking for a good one off combo. I ordered a new waterless and it has nothing added, so no shine for my customers cars. People don`t notice swirls and marring, but they see shine.

If you are just looking for a QD why do you think that you have to use a huge amount of Beadmaker? Why not just use it like a QD and do a few sprays and move on. You won`t get the durability but you are looking for a QD not a long term sealant. But you still get the initial smooth feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

I mix McKee`s rinseless wash and wax up a little stronger and you can do the same for gloss shop`s trifecta and just use it as a spray wax. Meguiars 156 is another one I keep on the shelf. It works great on jambs, interiors, trim etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    I mix McKee`s rinseless wash and wax up a little stronger and you can do the same for gloss shop`s trifecta and just use it as a spray wax. Meguiars 156 is another one I keep on the shelf. It works great on jambs, interiors, trim etc.
    Ohh...I completely forgot about D156--another excellent spray wax choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I know you`re pretty far along in your decision-making process...but why would you go with a "no-gloss" WW and then go over the car again with a QD for "gloss"? If there is a scenario where you don`t want the "shine", then maybe you need a different WW for the situations where you do.

I`ve never used CarPro Ech2O as a WW, only as a RW, but it`s pretty shiny. It`s also pretty expensive, but the CarPro site says you can dilute it up to 15:1 for WW.

I haven`t used Bead Maker, and I`m a little behind the times, but my usual culprits for spray wax would be Optimum Car Wax (OCW) and Duragloss AquaWax (AW). You could certainly mix the AW with your WW. I`m bringing these into the discussion because even though you are asking for a QD, your benchmark is Bead Maker, which is listed as a spray sealant (note that the DG AW is a sealant, not a wax). Neither OCW or AW is going to require more than normal for the first application.

I guess if I was doing it and I wanted normal and upsell, I would have 2 different WW`s, rather than going over the car twice for the upsell...of course you can always look at it the other way, especially if you have some sort of expensive sprayer for the WW and you don`t want to have two of them. Sorry, I`m rambling...not enough coffee.

Oh, PS: For some reason Ech2O is very good on tires, in my limited experience (and using it as a rinseless). It seems to have this magical ability on dressed tires that are starting to brown a little to turn them back to black and very acceptable looking. Just throwing that out there.
    I don`t want to do both, I want to mix the QD or sealant into the WW and knock it out in 1 swoop. My idea`s to use my waterless that has nothing added and add something where it will have even more shine then say Uber or Adams Rinseless. Something man made like Elixir, but with a lot more waterless product in it. I`ve used Uber, and a few others and they do look good, but in my pea sized brain I could get better results with a homemade concoction. Then I started to think WW + a sealant for an up-sale, something that would look good and give longer protection. I know Wolfgang, Adam`s and others have rinseless`es with SIO2 now. But for how much they cost, I could do something like the WW + C2V3, which should blow those out of the water and would be cheaper. All of the SIO2 rinseless`es I`ve found are RTU. A gallon of the Wolfgang @ $80, would end up costing more than even if I went with IGL Premier, which is one of the most expensive spray sealants out there. And it would probably under-perform it massively.

I tend to overthink and over complicate things. But yeah, I wasn`t clear enough, I don`t want to WW then do a QD or Sealant. One product would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    If you are just looking for a QD why do you think that you have to use a huge amount of Beadmaker? Why not just use it like a QD and do a few sprays and move on. You won`t get the durability but you are looking for a QD not a long term sealant. But you still get the initial smooth feeling.

Humm good point, I was probably overthinking things, if I don`t care about the protection level, I should test like 4oz of BM in my next WW and see what kind of gloss it leaves behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t want to do both, I want to mix the QD or sealant into the WW and knock it out in 1 swoop. My idea`s to use my waterless that has nothing added and add something where it will have even more shine... I don`t want to WW then do a QD or Sealant. One product would be awesome..I don`t care about the protection level...
    That sounds like a product description for Garry Dean`s IUDJ + his Juice Boost, which is what I`ll eventually use for this exact application.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t want to do both, I want to mix the QD or sealant into the WW and knock it out in 1 swoop. My idea`s to use my waterless that has nothing added and add something where it will have even more shine then say Uber or Adams Rinseless..

I tend to overthink and over complicate things. But yeah, I wasn`t clear enough, I don`t want to WW then do a QD or Sealant. One product would be awesome.

If you want to mix a QD or sealant into your rinseless or waterless wash why are you buying a wash that leaves nothing behind? Stand alone products are always going to give you better results than trying to mix them together to make your own.

I do a rinseless wash and then use Opti-Seal or BeadMaker as I dry. That works well. But mixing them into the wash mix doesn’t make sense and I am not sure how well it would work are you over dilute the products in water.

In this case I think you need to be looking for a product that is already made to do what you want. I agree with

Accumulator that Garry Dean`s IUDJ + his Juice Boost is something you should look into. The IUDJ is a really nice rinseless and waterless wash in the right situation. And he made the JB to be able to mix in as a protective wash. When you look at it though you need to look past the cost per oz or gallon and really consider the diluted product cost per use. That’s where his prices throw some people off that can’t look past the initial buy in amount.

Post Thanks / Like

...The IUDJ is a really nice rinseless and waterless wash in the right situation. And he made the JB to be able to mix in as a protective wash. When you look at it though you need to look past the cost per oz or gallon and really consider the diluted product cost per use. That’s where his prices throw some people off that can’t look past the initial buy in amount.
    Yeah, I gritted my teeth and bought a gallon of IUDJ and the cost-over-time isn`t bad at all. IME mixing the IUDJ at 2oz./gallon is plenty strong. Even without the Juice Boost it leaves things awfully nice, and will build up over time if you don`t wash it aggressively with something else or expose it to abuse. I have things I just wipe with IUDJ that you`d swear were really LSPed, and if the Juice Boost improves upon that, well...

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to mix a QD or sealant into your rinseless or waterless wash why are you buying a wash that leaves nothing behind? Stand alone products are always going to give you better results than trying to mix them together to make your own.

I do a rinseless wash and then use Opti-Seal or BeadMaker as I dry. That works well. But mixing them into the wash mix doesn’t make sense and I am not sure how well it would work are you over dilute the products in water.

In this case I think you need to be looking for a product that is already made to do what you want. I agree with

Accumulator that Garry Dean`s IUDJ + his Juice Boost is something you should look into. The IUDJ is a really nice rinseless and waterless wash in the right situation. And he made the JB to be able to mix in as a protective wash. When you look at it though you need to look past the cost per oz or gallon and really consider the diluted product cost per use. That’s where his prices throw some people off that can’t look past the initial buy in amount.
    I understand using a Sealant stand alone would give much better results. I`m trying to make it a 1 step thing since I`m doing this for money and an extra 10-15 minutes is too much. I`m pondering over this because even if I get less shine and protection than using it straight. Wouldn`t a good mixture give me better results than a WW with gloss agents in it? Uber looks pretty good, I like CG`s gloss one, but I could have 15 oz of waterless mixed with 5 oz of a sealant, and even if I get 1/4th the protection and half the shine. I could still get something that pops more and will last longer than a straight waterless. The waterless`es with SIO2`s that would excel here are expensive, like $80+ a gallon and they`re not dilutable. Which would mean 8-10 washes per gallon. You mentioned Juice Boost, something I had forgotten about, thank you for mentioning it. IUDJ+Juice Boost would give me around 340 washes for $260 which would be much cheaper than say the Wolfgang SIO2 waterless.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, I gritted my teeth and bought a gallon of IUDJ and the cost-over-time isn`t bad at all. IME mixing the IUDJ at 2oz./gallon is plenty strong. Even without the Juice Boost it leaves things awfully nice, and will build up over time if you don`t wash it aggressively with something else or expose it to abuse. I have things I just wipe with IUDJ that you`d swear were really LSPed, and if the Juice Boost improves upon that, well...

AH you use IDJU, the web site info on it`s kind of confusing me. Can it be diluted for waterless? On his site it says "Directions: For rinseless wash and water softener, add 1/4 fl.oz to 1 gallon of water for the Garry Dean Wash Method. When using as a water softener, add 1/4 fl.oz to your wash bucket in addition to your soap. Add 2.5 fl.oz to 1 gallon of distilled water for every other use." That`s dead simple. But then it lists a few RTU uses and has Waterless there. Which is it?

Hummm looking at Garry`s site, his Forever Rinseless might be a solid choice, I need to go Google for reviews of it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are rinseless washing literally adding a sealant /beadmaker as you dry of th rinseless can’t add but 2 minutes to the process. You are literally adding a 2-3 spritz’s.

1. Rinseless panel
    2. Spritz sealant (2-3)
    3. Dry panel as normal.

I don’t think mixing products into a rinseless is a good solution. Waterless a little different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think the duragloss 931 932 would be the one product that would fit the bill by itself as a waterless or rinseless product. It has very good durability for a waterless and goof shine

Other than that I would probably use a user friendly spray wax and or sealant of your choice after

Apex detail has good videos showing gloss etc of different ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

AH you use IDJU, the web site info on it`s kind of confusing me. Can it be diluted for waterless? On his site it says "Directions: For rinseless wash and water softener, add 1/4 fl.oz to 1 gallon of water for the Garry Dean Wash Method. When using as a water softener, add 1/4 fl.oz to your wash bucket in addition to your soap. Add 2.5 fl.oz to 1 gallon of distilled water for every other use." That`s dead simple. But then it lists a few RTU uses and has Waterless there. Which is it?

Hummm looking at Garry`s site, his Forever Rinseless might be a solid choice, I need to go Google for reviews of it.
    I haven`t looked into the Forever Rinseless, so I really can`t comment on that one.

The IUDJ, which I sure didn`t expect to like as much as I do, comes in a concentrate that you mix to the strength you want for your application. I`ve never tried it as a real WATERless wash, only as a Rinseless (and I only use it on vehicles after I`ve already cleaned them via other means). SO...sorry, I can`t really say.

FWIW, I use it as a WW on things other than the vehicles, and it sure seems to work fine for that, better than ONR at any rate.

I`d contact Garry and see what he says. Like his IUDJ, I like him more than I`d expected to (given his, uhm...internet persona) and consider him 100% stand-up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information