Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg`s black wax use question

The Guz- Ah, thanks for the additional info.

Gee, if the abrasives are the same as in M101 I`d expect them to leave hazing (which M101 and M105 do something awful for me, even though things often look OK without the right inspection conditions).

Wonder what abrasives are in their 3-in-1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Great job !!
    Thanks Amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Billy Jack & JustJesus- Thanks for the additional info.

And yeah, Jesus did great with that video.

I can`t help but think of when my beloved Aunt Irene finally gave up M07 + M16 as her health failed, switching to Rain Dance (which actually worked quite well). She would`ve been the perfect Target Demographic for those products and would indeed have paid attention to the differing characteristics being discussed here.

BUT, I bet you still have to keep products like that off trim if they`re like the A12, which would be murder to get off the black fender flares on the Jeep!
    You`re welcome, and thank you Accumulator!

M07 + M16, sounds like Aunt Irene knew her products I really like that she would have paid attention to those little details!!!

I did mask off the edge of the black fenders, though it didn`t do me any good. I did one spot with a DA and maroon pad. SPLATTER. It went everywhere, including the fender. I wiped it quickly, and I didn`t notice anything significant. I do however, like to keep things off those types of fenders. Regardless of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Last I heard white wax was being discontinued for the new 3 in 1.
    I think I saw a post from one of the Megs reps saying the same.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- I`m guessing that it was a thin product (for you to get splatter). Glad it didn`t stain anything white. Gee, between those abrasives and the Maroon Cutting Pad that must`ve been pretty aggressive for a CleanerWax.

And yeah, Irene knew her [stuff] about, well....most everything. Big Brain, very tough lady.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that thin, actually. Kind of a paste. And it does come packaged in a toothpaste style tube. If I recall, I put a bit too much product, and upped the speed on the DA way too soon. Yes, it was pretty aggressive. I need to dig through the files and upload that video some day.

Big Brain and tough. It`s not something I see very often around me. But I tend to live under a rock. And I`m anti-social.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Huh, just wondered about its consistency as I just never have splatter..like, ever...and wondered why *you* did.

And heh heh, I`ve made a lifelong point of only associating with women who fit that "smart and tough" description. And I still say you`re more social that I am

Post Thanks / Like

Usually, the few times I`ve been hit with splatter, is when trying new products that are a bit different from the rest. Example: Rupes blue on blue. Took me a moment to get that one figured out.

I`ll try and remember to get a pic...wait... i left it with a friend. Okay, I`ll try to get a pic on Tuesday, when I see him next.

LOL - oh, Accumulator. I just kind of talk to whomever wants to. Actually, I try NOT to talk much or make new acquaintances, so to speak.

Speaking of splatter...the worst was Ceriglass on a glass pad, while on a rotary. Talk about a mess!! I`m not sure there is any way around that. next time I try it, I`ll see if I can control it better (like, take a very long time, slowly doing it?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    .. I try NOT to talk much or make new acquaintances, so to speak...
    Heh heh,my wife and I have joked that I oughta get a T-shirt made that says "Not looking for New Friends"

Speaking of splatter...the worst was Ceriglass..
    Yikes, that`s one more confirmation that I`m never using that stuff. Ever. I`ll just replace the glass instead. And I haven`t touched my rotaries for so long that I wouldn`t know where to start with advice on avoiding splatter when using one on a windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh,my wife and I have joked that I oughta get a T-shirt made that says "Not looking for New Friends.
    I don’t even need one. It’s seemingly impossible around here where I live any way.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh,my wife and I have joked that I oughta get a T-shirt made that says "Not looking for New Friends"

Yikes, that`s one more confirmation that I`m never using that stuff. Ever. I`ll just replace the glass instead. And I haven`t touched my rotaries for so long that I wouldn`t know where to start with advice on avoiding splatter when using one on a windshield.
    This is White Wax

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Huh, that looks like a Polish, doesn`t it?

Post Thanks / Like

haha! I love that idea.

YES! Quite messy. I knew this going in, and thought I would use plastic sheeting to cover the car. But thought, how bad could it be? OOPS. My Jeep`s windshield is fairly bad and I *should* just replace it. But part of me likes the challenge to correct it instead. If I find a way to control the splatter, I`ll come back and post.

JustJesus- Huh, that looks like a Polish, doesn`t it?
    It sort of does. A fairly thick one. it doesn`t pour out of the container, but has to be squeezed out like tooth paste. So maybe it`s consistency is more of a paste.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- That thick consistency makes me think "wouldn`t finish out nice enough for me", but I dunno if that`s fair.

But part of me likes the challenge to correct it instead...

Heh heh, you crazy Autopian you But OK..overcoming those, uhm... Voluntary Challenges is good for ya.

If I find a way to control the splatter, I`ll come back and post.
    Well...hope it works out OK and doesn`t leave you with *another* challenge! I`d definitely be using the sheeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information