Post Thanks / Like

Opinion on sprayable compounds?

I have no idea such a thing existed until I stumbled upon a video on YT yesterday. Looks like only Optimum & Adams currently make it. The 3 YT videos I watched, both look be better than I would have suspected. But I can`t find anything in the way of reviews. And 98% of the info I see`s from the manufacturers product info page. Which surprise, surprise is telling me how awesome it is and I need to buy it. If I believe Optimum it`s a cheaper way to go over traditional compounds. Both say there will be little to no dusting. I got little to no dusting with the Scholl`s I had. I`m assuming the abrasives have to be less as the sprayer would get insta clogged other wise. And both mention no need to prime the pad, which was just a quick spray of some QD. I`m trying to wrap my head around the benefits here, it`s something new and different but why should I buy it? I`m assuming at least one person here has used one of the 2 and can give me some feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinion on sprayable compounds?

I like Hyper Polish...always end up spraying half my arm when applying to pad. Then someone suggested spraying on panel as opposed to pad. Sometimes the simple solutions elude me...
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hyper polish is good. Just as budget mentioned you will get it it on the pad but also in the machine. It does work well and finish out well.

I have heard hyper compound is not that good in terms of finish. Never used as I’ve settled on some good compounds.

One complaint is the clogged sprayers.

If you are happy with what you are using then keep using them.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Four Star has a spray finishing polish. I haven’t used it because I didn’t think it made sense... but maybe I’ll give it a try in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Hyper polish is good. Just as budget mentioned you will get it it on the pad but also in the machine. It does work well and finish out well.

I have heard hyper compound is not that good in terms of finish. Never used as I’ve settled on some good compounds.

One complaint is the clogged sprayers.

If you are happy with what you are using then keep using them.
    I use to be happy with whatever I bought from Target, but when I got into detailing and found these forums (and AGO) I can only seem to be happy with a product for 1-2 usages. Then I want to find something better. And when I`m content with something a dude like BudgetPlan1 posts about a new product he has and I all of a sudden can`t use what I have any longer. I took about a year off of coming on here. And in that year I saved a lot of money up lol.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Hyper-Polish has always worked great for me on many marques, but especially on Acura paint for some reason.

It has the ability depending on pad choice, to correct way better than you think a -Polish- should, so you need to remember that it will keep on correcting/cutting, until you ease up and let it polish..

I have Always hated the sprayer, and finally just shook the heck out of it for a bit, and poured it all into a nice plastic bottle for these things with that clog-proof tip..

I even complained to Optimum about their clogging sprayer when this product was first invented and released to the world, and they just acted like I was just 1 person in the world that had this problem..

Hyper-Polish is very easy to use, is very predictable, and I always have it in the Cabinet..

As far as needing a compound/polishing product to -spray-, etc., out, what is so different from picking up this nice bottle - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/sque...l#.XZ6c_FWpH3g
    that never clogs, etc., and just applying a few dots to the pad or the work?
    Dan F
    Likes BudgetPlan1, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

1 bottle of Sprayable Poliseal was all it took to seal the deal for me, sprayable compounds are an answer to a problem that does not exist (for me).
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Sometimes the simple solutions elude me...
    You and I, both. Sometimes, I`ll overcomplicate something.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used both of the Optimum Sprayables and neither one made a good impression on me. And the spraying/sprayers never worked well no matter what I tried so that "feature" was a complete non-starter. Total Buyer`s Remorse, ended up pitching them, and I hardly ever do that.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Adam`s compound. (beta tested it first, some changes were made and now the production version is out) I like it. It corrects very well, doesn`t dust, easy to prime the pad with the compound/etc.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I beta tested an Adam`s sprayable compound a couple years ago and it worked well on a neglected black Saturn Redline. I don`t know if it was the same formula that Scott used.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Hyper Polish on very soft Honda and Toyota paint with great success. It had just the right amount of bite to do the correction I needed and it finished out really well.

Like others have said, the sprayer is a bit of a mess. I struggle with the form of the product not the function. It`s a great polish which doesn`t dust and wipes off easily, but I can`t help but wonder if I should simply put it in something like a catchup bottle or something else designed for applying thin liquids vs the spray.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I beta tested an Adam`s sprayable compound a couple years ago and it worked well on a neglected black Saturn Redline. I don`t know if it was the same formula that Scott used.
    Mike, that was a different formula then, this new stuff is legit!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Thread Information