Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

3D Super Glass Cleaner reviews?

Does anyone have any experience they would like to share with 3D Super Glass Cleaner concentrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Super Glass Cleaner reviews?

+1

I`d like to hear how it compares with the (presumably "old version of") 50:1 that I have. Not that I`ll be using up that gallon of concentrate any time soon!

I still grouse a bit about how the 50:1 doesn`t "die cleanly", apparently due to whatever it leaves behind...but it`s so quick and easy, and I have over 40 gallons` worth of concentrate left, that I still reach for it almost as often as my Zep40 (and more often than my Griot`s).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    +1

I`d like to hear how it compares with the (presumably "old version of") 50:1 that I have. Not that I`ll be using up that gallon of concentrate any time soon!

I still grouse a bit about how the 50:1 doesn`t "die cleanly", apparently due to whatever it leaves behind...but it`s so quick and easy, and I have over 40 gallons` worth of concentrate left, that I still reach for it almost as often as my Zep40 (and more often than my Griot`s).

I was going to purchase some meguiars glass cleaner that is the purple stuff but I have read some reviews where it seems to have changed in the oft year or so and not a lot of guys like it anymore.

Looking mainly for just use as an interior glass cleaner. Maybe I am just lucky with my home water but I never seem to have problems with streaks or anything on my external glass after a wash and dry....but then again I’ve never actually “detailed” prior to a month or so ago either

Post Thanks / Like

ONR at 1:256 works best in my world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    ONR at 1:256 works best in my world.
    Heh heh, oh man am I envious! Despite fixing my RWs with distilled water, I`ve never had a good experience using them on glass, enough the opposite that I`ll never bother trying again

And gee, I have awfully good water by the time it goes through all the treatments!

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512
    I was going to purchase some meguiars glass cleaner that is the purple stuff but I have read some reviews where it seems to have changed in the oft year or so and not a lot of guys like it anymore.
    That reminds me that I`ve *never* gotten around to trying the Meguiar`s that Bill D sent me

Looking mainly for just use as an interior glass cleaner...
    Different people seem to have vastly different needs for that one. I`m generally doing fine with my 3D 50:1, but I have to redo it a bit often (by my wacky standards) due to that "not dying cleanly". The dog-haulers get the the dog-mess cleaned off with Zep40, but that`s a pretty nuclear option and you gotta watch what you let it contact.

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me that I`ve *never* gotten around to trying the Meguiar`s that Bill D sent me

Different people seem to have vastly different needs for that one. I`m generally doing fine with my 3D 50:1, but I have to redo it a bit often (by my wacky standards) due to that "not dying cleanly". The dog-haulers get the the dog-mess cleaned off with Zep40, but that`s a pretty nuclear option and you gotta watch what you let it contact.
    If I remember correctly it seemed that people were complaining about a dye or something being in the meguiars that was changing interior trim and fabric? Is the 3D the same way

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    If I remember correctly it seemed that people were complaining about a dye or something being in the meguiars that was changing interior trim and fabric? Is the 3D the same way ..
    The dye in the 50:1 that I have hasn`t caused any issues, but I`m not getting it on white leather or anything like that either.

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me that I`ve *never* gotten around to trying the Meguiar`s that Bill D sent.
    It still ought to be good. I’m still using up my supply and it’s years old.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking mainly for just use as an interior glass cleaner. Maybe I am just lucky with my home water but I never seem to have problems with streaks or anything on my external glass after a wash and dry....but then again I’ve never actually “detailed” prior to a month or so ago either

Spray Way, no ammonia, foam spray and no streaks.

Post Thanks / Like

Scholl Concept ICE glass cleaning gel, it`s a semi gel so you can spray it inside without any dripping on your dash. Best glass cleaner I`ve ever used.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Original Poster (OP) is asking about 3D`s Super Glass Cleaner and Autopian`s experience with it. Unless someone has tried it themselves, it is fool-hardy to make an accurate assessment or comparison to "other" glass cleaners, and most Autopians know that there are a myriad of glass cleaners out there; some very good and some, well, not-so-good.

Glass cleaning seems to be the Achilles Heel to my detailing and I I can never get them totally streak-free when viewed in the bright sun. I would imagine the microfiber wipes/clothes play as much, if not more, of a factor in this than the cleaner itself.

So, in tandem with this OPs request, what microfibers work best with 3D`s super Glass Cleaner (or "other" glass cleaners)??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The Original Poster (OP) is asking about 3D`s Super Glass Cleaner and Autopian`s experience with it...
    I`d still like to hear what`s different about it compared to the "old" 50:1

.. what microfibers work best with 3D`s super Glass Cleaner (or "other" glass cleaners)??
    For the 3D that I have, I definitely prefer the Griot`s PFM for Glass. IMO its dual-sided nature is perfect for how the 50:1 works. Though I still give a final buff with the Griot`s Polypropylene Window Wipes that I like so much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The Original Poster (OP) is asking about 3D`s Super Glass Cleaner and Autopian`s experience with it. Unless someone has tried it themselves, it is fool-hardy to make an accurate assessment or comparison to "other" glass cleaners, and most Autopians know that there are a myriad of glass cleaners out there; some very good and some, well, not-so-good.

Glass cleaning seems to be the Achilles Heel to my detailing and I I can never get them totally streak-free when viewed in the bright sun. I would imagine the microfiber wipes/clothes play as much, if not more, of a factor in this than the cleaner itself.

So, in tandem with this OPs request, what microfibers work best with 3D`s super Glass Cleaner (or "other" glass cleaners)??
    You actually raise a point I know I didn`t think about...

Potentially it isn`t necessarily the cleaner as much as it is the media you use to buff / remove with.

I just picked up some waffle weave towels to try cleaning the glass with.

My wife sold norwex for a while. Their recommendation for cleaning windows is use their microfiber towel damp to "wash" the windows and then their glass towel to buff the windows clean and streak free.

It works to a degree, but not perfect....

Hence, why I am asking about glass cleaners, and yes, the 3D in particular. If it works well at the dilution ratio it would last me a good while and the price it is...

Then again as an individual detailing only my vehicles I need to ask myself is bulk amounts of cleaners other than shampoo and maybe wheel cleaner a wise investment?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

.. as an individual detailing only my vehicles I need to ask myself is bulk amounts of cleaners other than shampoo and maybe wheel cleaner a wise investment?
    IF you find something you really like I`d say it is.

I guess that`s easy for me to say in this case since I got my gallon of 50:1 concentrate for free But I do buy my Zep40 by the case and pretty much everything else in the largest quantity I can (if there`s any savings in doing it that way). IME *very* few Detailing products go bad due to a limited shelf-life.

I just picked up some waffle weave towels to try cleaning the glass with.
    If they don`t work for you (though I`m hoping that they do!), I wouldn`t blame yourself; I use WWMFs made for glass to get most of the water off the glass after a wash, and for non-critical household glass (mainly outside surfaces of the windows), but not for any glass that I *really* want to turn out nice.

Post Thanks / Like

What I have noticed and what works for me and I certainly heard it somewhere LOL. Is with whatever glass mf towel or any kind of towel. When you see it leaves streaks behind is that the towel is saturated with the dirt it`s able to be picking up and hold on to. So if you keep wiping with the same side of the towel it`s loosing battle from there on. And just flip it to a new clean side of the towel or to a fresh clean one. With the good glass cleaners the only wet streaks should be evaporate away cleanly. Here comes the water quality of the manufactures in to play and what they use. Not many uses distilled water when they manufactures glass cleaners and that useally shows after some uses with it or the extreme ones directly. That you get like whiteish film on the glass. Sonax Extreme Glass Cleaner is the new one of the glass cleaner that`s green colored that you in the US can get. The new one claims to use a higher water quality that`s mineral free. And it`s really great as is the original Sonax Glass Cleaner. It`s ability to clinging and don`t run off so easly is awesome. The Scholl ICE Glass Cleaner is also really great too. It has a lot of abilities like water repellent and anti-fog and even a water spot remover both on the glass and the paint and also like it`s clinging ability from this too. The big downside is the price of it. And the Sonax is not to bad on price but can`t compare it to the concentrated ones. Also I always use distilled water to mix the concentrated glass cleaners with.

I not seen any version of the glass mf towels I like the most for it`s cleaning ability from it. It`s the ones with tight weaves and no nap on them. This cuts through any grime both on the inside and outside of the glass with ease. The downside with these are when you get glass really clean it gets grabby. So if that`s happens for me I either damp it with spray distilled water on it the mf towel or switch to a WW mf towel or a plusher one. Cause this no nap glass mf towel really grabb on to the glass LOL. But for the initial cleaning they are awesome.

Not much about the Super line of 3D products out there. Have seen some mentioned about use the presoak and the car soap and they where satisfied with it. I thought it would going to be more popular than it has got so far. It`s a little strange that they have most products in half gallon jugs. As it`s gets about the same RTU solution as the gallon products. Maybe some you get a little more RTU from the Super Nano products. They seemed great priced anyways. I say test the 3D Super Glass Cleaner out.

/ Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information