Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Koch Chemie in USA

Gee, who else has heard of this line? I sure don`t keep up with this stuff the way some do, but I`m still surprised I`ve never heard of `em.

Quote Originally Posted by efervan View Post
    . Please find me enough people who has experience with Koch Chemie, I will delete the post.
    More info is good, so I hope you don`t delete it, especially if we do get plenty of feedback.

They reached out to me and offering discounted prices and reseller option in my area...
    Ah, OK, interesting, I gather the discounted pricing will continue so you don`t get locked into a line that`s not competitively priced in the long run. Now I`m curious about where you`re located and how you got on their radar, sounds like very specific targeting for their market penetration. I gather you`re confident that they won`t abandon the US market if they don`t get plenty of traction.

But how is their line really *BETTER* than the usual Pro-oriented sources? No problematic Learning Curve compared to what you and your employees are used to? Full product line including Decontamination System, coatings, etc.? Any product testing done by third-parties? Guess I`m just wondering "why switch to them?" considering all the other options.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I did not mention that I was not happy, I did not open my shops for Koch Chemie, I have been using Menzerna, Scholl concepts , Farecla , sometimes Tac System

I am always open to try new products, I believe combinations work better than one brand, For example s20 black , F6 and menzerna finish worked very well, I am not the guy who sticks with one brand

Perhaps they were going to send I do not know, I did not ask, and placed an order.

The point that I am asking is, I cannot test their entire line, than I cannot compare products at this time . Share our experience and thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, who else has heard of this line? I sure don`t keep up with this stuff the way some do, but I`m still surprised I`ve never heard of `em.

More info is good, so I hope you don`t delete it, especially if we do get plenty of feedback.

Ah, OK, interesting, I gather the discounted pricing will continue so you don`t get locked into a line that`s not competitively priced in the long run. Now I`m curious about where you`re located and how you got on their radar, sounds like very specific targeting for their market penetration. I gather you`re confident that they won`t abandon the US market if they don`t get plenty of traction.

But how is their line really *BETTER* than the usual Pro-oriented sources? No problematic Learning Curve compared to what you and your employees are used to? Full product line including Decontamination System, coatings, etc.? Any product testing done by third-parties? Guess I`m just wondering "why switch to them?" considering all the other options.
    I am in Texas Houston, I think they are as well ,

As I mentioned before, I use most likely Menzerna, Farecla, Scholl Comcepts,Sonax,

I must tell I am a big fan of german products, therefore if anything comes from that area, I would be interested

I am exactly thinking some things, If they will be able to have a place in this market, Should I be reseller , or do anything with them, Therefore I opened this topic

I do not think their coating is enough , I am happy with ceramic pro, I do not believe more coating options are better, Customer still do not know what the ceramic coating is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

I`ve heard of them, though having no US presence I got all my knowledge of them from people overseas. Similar to QP-ON, they both seem to be top notch and pretty well respected in Germany/UK, but basically have zero following in the states. I really wanted to try some QP-ON stuff, but their one distributor in the states never return any of the 3 emails I sent. That reflects poorly on QP-ON, I wonder how good the US rep for Koch is. Regardless of how good Koch Chemi products are though, I don`t need to buy anything else from any other new to the states company. I fell into this money trap years ago with Auto Finesse, then with Polish Angel. I`m not one of those Autopians who can "try" everything in the world. My budgets pretty limited lol.
    Likes efervan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I`ve heard of them, though having no US presence I got all my knowledge of them from people overseas. Similar to QP-ON, they both seem to be top notch and pretty well respected in Germany/UK, but basically have zero following in the states. I really wanted to try some QP-ON stuff, but their one distributor in the states never return any of the 3 emails I sent. That reflects poorly on QP-ON, I wonder how good the US rep for Koch is. Regardless of how good Koch Chemi products are though, I don`t need to buy anything else from any other new to the states company. I fell into this money trap years ago with Auto Finesse, then with Polish Angel. I`m not one of those Autopians who can "try" everything in the world. My budgets pretty limited lol.
    I never heard of them . Yes you are right, they have to come to us for their products, I do not know maybe I should have asked them for samples, I will ask them for other products that I did not use see how is going to go,

Post Thanks / Like

I have only tried the finishing polish Koch Chemie M2 which is their old line but they have keeped it even since they released their new line of polishes. I`m happy with it and have not used so much of it. If their new line of polishes is better than the old. Then yeah I think that it will be in the highest performance of polishes out there today. Not heard or seen anything bad of the old line of polishes. And in comparison testings they useally is in the top spots. The heavy cut compound H8 is a really awesome compound if you go by rebutable testers. Would be very interesting to test out the H9 but I have so many different polishes now LOL.

The reputation here in EU is as high as Sonax and Scholl. So a great line of products. The ones I have heard much about is the Koch Chemie FSE which is a QD and a water spot remover. And the Green Star APC says also to be great. If the distribution had been better here in Sweden I would have tested more products from them. Then we have the usually with prices when it`s shipped over seas in both ways. The EU brands has a higher price in the US and US brands has a higher price in the EU. It`s just the way it is sadly. If you like to try out polishes Koch Chemie polishes is definitely a brand to test out. Either the H8.01 or H9.01 if you want to test out a great compound. I stod between the Sonax Cutmax and the KC H8. And it where that the H8 was not in stock when I decided to order it LOL. So Koch Chemie is an OTC brand in Germany with the pro line like the Sonax has. And think that they ship the top range of products if they want get into the US market. Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube did a little mini review of some of their new products a couple of weeks ago. A solid and rebutable brand. The Snow Foam has gotten great reviews when it came out when last released products. Think it`s called GSF Gentle Snow Foam IIRC. And think it was this that was almost up in the cleaning ability like the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD has. That`s rare from the testing Forensic Detailing Channel does that any product is even close to BH Surfex HD so that`s impresive. It can be that my memory is off and it where a new APC from Koch Chemie LOL.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quebert & SWETM- Thanks for chiming in, always appreciate your takes on stuff and I might`ve known that SWETM would be familiar with this line!

efervan- Sorry, I somehow missed your posting about the other brands you`ve used. I too have often found German products worth trying even though I knee-jerk against the notion that "if it`s a German car, German products are best for it".

And the Koch Chemie being local to you sure explains how they came to your attention! Thanks for explaining. (If nothing else, your good explanations oughta dispel any thoughts that you`re here just to push Koch`s stuff )

FWIW, if SWETM says they`re as well-regarded as Sonax and Scholl, well...that`s quite a compliment! If Koch`s line ends up becoming popular, thanks to you I`ll think "well, I heard it here first"
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought all sorts of Scholl`s stuff, even their Spider Pads. It all was stolen. But the time I had with it before it was thieved, exceptional products for sure. I can`t see how Koch stuff could be any better. Not to say I won`t try it, now they`re in the US I`ll undoubtedly buy at least one of their compounds to try it out. I just cannot resist high end German & UK stuff. PA, Sonax, Scholls, Auto Finesse, Sonus, Gtechniq - loved it all. And looking at their US site, the compounds are actually reasonably priced. 1000ml of their heavy cut`s $40. The same size Adam`s bottle is $75.

They should try and get on AGO or Autopia, I`m so use to 20-25% sales, I can`t buy stuff if it`s not on sale lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I bought all sorts of Scholl`s stuff, even their Spider Pads. It all was stolen. But the time I had with it before it was thieved, exceptional products for sure. I can`t see how Koch stuff could be any better. Not to say I won`t try it, now they`re in the US I`ll undoubtedly buy at least one of their compounds to try it out. I just cannot resist high end German & UK stuff. PA, Sonax, Scholls, Auto Finesse, Sonus, Gtechniq - loved it all. And looking at their US site, the compounds are actually reasonably priced. 1000ml of their heavy cut`s $40. The same size Adam`s bottle is $75.

They should try and get on AGO or Autopia, I`m so use to 20-25% sales, I can`t buy stuff if it`s not on sale lol.
    The Koch Chemie the old line H8.01 and F5 and M2 is for most I have seen regarded a notch higher than say Menzerna HC400 and PF2500 and SF3500 and Scholl S3 Gold XXL and S40. I say it`s big if the new line of polishes from KC is even better. Then I think that many that testing them out will be impressed. Just hope that they get a great distributor as that`s so important to have these days. Looked them up on a domestic webshop I useally buys detailing stuff on. And what do you know the KC H9 is out of stock as useally. So it`s a very popular product that the distributor is not able to hold up the stock of it LOL. The other 2 polishes where in stock though. But this has been a problem during the last years with it being in stock. And $40 for 1L of high quality compound is a very good price for it IMO. The price here is around $20 for the H9 250ml bottle. That`s half of the price you get it at LOL. Will be interesting to hear more about the H9 compound. It claims to have a notch higher cut and finishing than the H8. Crap now I`m needed to be testing it out LOL. The M2 is as Sonax EX 04-06 and Carpro Reflect in cut and also finishing ability. These is the other finishing polishes I have used. Was a little afraid of the M2 where going to be staining the pads as it`s purple colored but nope no problem. If you notice that the M2 and M3 and F5-F6 and H8-H9 has a colored banding on the bottle. It`s also colored that way in the polishes and the pads to them too. So you even notice if you reached for the wrong bottle you see it on the color of the polish LOL. Color coded taken to the next step LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you notice that the M2 and M3 and F5-F6 and H8-H9 has a colored banding on the bottle. It`s also colored that way in the polishes and the pads to them too. So you even notice if you reached for the wrong bottle you see it on the color of the polish LOL. Color coded taken to the next step LOL.
    Hey, I like the sound of that.

Post Thanks / Like

The Koch Chemie the old line H8.01 and F5 and M2 is for most I have seen regarded a notch higher than say Menzerna HC400 and PF2500 and SF3500 and Scholl S3 Gold XXL and S40. I say it`s big if the new line of polishes from KC is even better. Then I think that many that testing them out will be impressed. Just hope that they get a great distributor as that`s so important to have these days. Looked them up on a domestic webshop I useally buys detailing stuff on. And what do you know the KC H9 is out of stock as useally. So it`s a very popular product that the distributor is not able to hold up the stock of it LOL. The other 2 polishes where in stock though. But this has been a problem during the last years with it being in stock. And $40 for 1L of high quality compound is a very good price for it IMO. The price here is around $20 for the H9 250ml bottle. That`s half of the price you get it at LOL. Will be interesting to hear more about the H9 compound. It claims to have a notch higher cut and finishing than the H8. Crap now I`m needed to be testing it out LOL. The M2 is as Sonax EX 04-06 and Carpro Reflect in cut and also finishing ability. These is the other finishing polishes I have used. Was a little afraid of the M2 where going to be staining the pads as it`s purple colored but nope no problem. If you notice that the M2 and M3 and F5-F6 and H8-H9 has a colored banding on the bottle. It`s also colored that way in the polishes and the pads to them too. So you even notice if you reached for the wrong bottle you see it on the color of the polish LOL. Color coded taken to the next step LOL.

HUMMMM!!! You`re selling me on this line! Adam`s does the color coding of their compounds and polishes to the pads too, which is just smart. I`m going to have to see if their colors match up to the pad I`m going to buy though lol. I looked up the pricing overseas, the chemicals are pretty close to the same price here, I found the pads for $11 somewheres in Europe, $25 here`s just too much for a single pad. Which sucks because I`m one of those OCD people where when I bought Scholl`s compounds & polishes I had to get their Spider Pads too.

Post Thanks / Like

Waov interesting information , I did not know that, where did you find the 1 liter is $40 ? I felt like that guy tried to cheat me.

And out of stock ? Omg , I thought they had enough inventory ,

Post Thanks / Like

They don`t really have a good AIO product? I see the P3.02, but the cut`s real low. Sonax Perfect Finish is 4/6 (out of 6) on cut and finish. The p3.02 is 3/8 (out of 9) on cut and finish. I`m wondering how well it would work for 1 steps.

Post Thanks / Like

To bad they don’t care the 1k nano it’s a giant bottle of ceramic coating put on with DA I like the idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by efervan View Post
    Waov interesting information , I did not know that, where did you find the 1 liter is $40 ? I felt like that guy tried to cheat me.

And out of stock ? Omg , I thought they had enough inventory ,
    Sorry remembered wrong from your $50 34oz which is the 1L. But still IMO a very good price for a high quality compound.

I will adress that to our distributor here in Sweden. Koch Chemie is a big detailing brand in Germany and also some other of the EU countries. But US is a very big market and if consumer get to like it and hear about it. It can go fast with the volume of products sold. And that`s put the distributor to get on top of it and make the job done. Just look at how it has been with Polish Angel. The reputation can get lowered as fast as it`s rising if you don`t are able to stock the products or get them inside of the time frame that`s acceptable. But it`s not unusual that products gets out of stock sometimes. Especially when one product gets a hype around it and almost everyone wants it. Even Meguiars had a big problem over here to get it stocked up. They released it but not a big batch over here and it got sold out fast. They waited almost the whole summer before it got in stock again. Even not Meguiars Sweden could have it selling in their tents on the car shows. But know they are up to speed again. And the Koch Chemie H8-H9 is a very popular compound over here as it is great. Would be those who don`t like deminishing abrasive technology. But we have very little of non deminishing abrasive polishes that brands manufactures over here.

Strange thing with the most pads from EU gets such a high price in the US. I mean they don`t weight a lot which is what useally the shipping costs gets higher priced from. Like Sonax pads and Menzerna pads is not often seened to be used by you. Generally the pads is not so cheap over here either at least the high quality ones. 2 Meguiars Mf Cutting Pads 5" I buy for little over $40. The same with their foam pads. It`s a notch higher than the Rupes pads for an example. I also use Sonax pro brand called SX Promax which has pads and clay and some other products. Their price is lower than the retail pads over here LOL.

Sonax Perfect Finish is not an AIO as it has no protection leaved behind. So it`s more the KC F5-F6 that`s the one step polish with cut 6/10 and finish 7/10. And it`s hard to just determind how well it finishing and cutting on the scales between brands. Even the H9 some does get away with a polishing pad on harder paints and that has cut 9/10 and finish 5/10. So it`s much of the pads that is referenced when going on the scale of polishes. Perfect Finish on a finishing pad will not cut 4/6 but finish 6/6. If you where to use a light cutting pad with it you may get up to the cut but you loose the finishing ability from it on softer side of hardness of the clearcoat paints. The Koch Chemie P3 with cut 3/10 and finish 9.5/10 is their AIO that leaves carnuaba wax behind as protection. Sonax Hybrid NPT Cleaner Wax is quite good but for more protection it will need to be combo with the Hybrid NPT Liquid Wax for a longer protection.
    Likes quebert liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information