Post Thanks / Like

Cure, Reload, Clutch,...?

Normally I`m one of those apply-it-and-forget-it types when it comes to my vehicles which all wear coatings right now. I`ll keep them clean and typically just wipe them down with Ech2O after a wash simply to get rid of any water spots. The coatings always provide plenty of gloss on their own, and I`ve never had any durability issues. They always get at least two years of durability, so I`m quite happy there as well.

However...

Last night after washing my car which currently wears two layers of CanCoat, I pulled out my bottle of Cure which came with the CanCoat kit I bought some time ago, and applied a light layer to the car. The extra little bit of gloss it added really looked good on the black paint. I`ve had a love/hate relationship with Cure when it came to application but that has improved now that I`ve started using a 1:1 diluted ratio. I`ve always been pleased with the little boost Cure added to CanCoat which always looks good, and I`m pretty sure it has a part in my observed durability of 10+ months.

I`m coming to grips with my weakness and publicly admitting I like the results of occasionally adding a booster to a coated vehicle. The problem is my bottle of Cure is starting to run low. Where do I go next? At least two of my three vehicles will wear CQuartz for the foreseeable future. My car will get something other than CanCoat next year since I`ve run out and would like to try something new. Reload is an obvious choice and I know can`t go wrong with more Cure. I figure both would work well on any coating. Clutch cought my eye in another conversation here today. Is there another product I`ve overlooked?

I really like the more candy-coated look of Cure, but I need something which wouldn`t be too expensive and is easy to apply.

Thoughts?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cure, Reload, Clutch,...?

I really enjoy Adam’s Ceramic Boost. But it’s definitely for the once in a while application, which sounds like its in your ballpark. I like to touch my vehicles a lot and for that I use Adam’s Ceramic Waterless. Which is a lighter version of Boost and more like a detail spray. Really awesome product line they have going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Normally I`m one of those apply-it-and-forget-it types when it comes to my vehicles which all wear coatings right now. I`ll keep them clean and typically just wipe them down with Ech2O after a wash simply to get rid of any water spots. The coatings always provide plenty of gloss on their own, and I`ve never had any durability issues. They always get at least two years of durability, so I`m quite happy there as well.

However...

Last night after washing my car which currently wears two layers of CanCoat, I pulled out my bottle of Cure which came with the CanCoat kit I bought some time ago, and applied a light layer to the car. The extra little bit of gloss it added really looked good on the black paint. I`ve had a love/hate relationship with Cure when it came to application but that has improved now that I`ve started using a 1:1 diluted ratio. I`ve always been pleased with the little boost Cure added to CanCoat which always looks good, and I`m pretty sure it has a part in my observed durability of 10+ months.

I`m coming to grips with my weakness and publicly admitting I like the results of occasionally adding a booster to a coated vehicle. The problem is my bottle of Cure is starting to run low. Where do I go next? At least two of my three vehicles will wear CQuartz for the foreseeable future. My car will get something other than CanCoat next year since I`ve run out and would like to try something new. Reload is an obvious choice and I know can`t go wrong with more Cure. I figure both would work well on any coating. Clutch cought my eye in another conversation here today. Is there another product I`ve overlooked?

I really like the more candy-coated look of Cure, but I need something which wouldn`t be too expensive and is easy to apply.

Thoughts?
    CanCoat and Cure is a very nice combination.

The topper got you haha. Reload does play well with either cquartz coating. It is best to apply it with a microfiber applicator to avoid the streaking. From my experience Reload is nice in that it adds slickness. For me what I don`t like about it is that after about 2-3 washes, the water behavior is not that impressive. It seems to go flat rather quickly making it seem like the coating itself has failed. After about 4-6 weeks it is gone. It does a good job of filling though. I tend to prefer Elixir for it`s better water behavior. You can pick up a small bottle of Reload to try or you get one if you get the cquartz kit.

The other option you may want to consider is going with Gliss. Then you won`t need to use a spray sealant and you can get by with just Elixir.

22ple VS1 is another good spray topper. I like it more than Reload based on overall user experience and performance. It does cost more.

If you decide to get clutch wait until black friday for the discount sale.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickfire20 View Post
    I really enjoy Adam’s Ceramic Boost. But it’s definitely for the once in a while application, which sounds like its in your ballpark. I like to touch my vehicles a lot and for that I use Adam’s Ceramic Waterless. Which is a lighter version of Boost and more like a detail spray. Really awesome product line they have going.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I`m not sure why I don`t think of Adams. I know they`re out there, but haven`t tried any of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The topper got you haha.
    Yes. It did. I`m not proud.
    Reload does play well with either cquartz coating. It is best to apply it with a microfiber applicator to avoid the streaking. From my experience Reload is nice in that it adds slickness. For me what I don`t like about it is that after about 2-3 washes, the water behavior is not that impressive. It seems to go flat rather quickly making it seem like the coating itself has failed. After about 4-6 weeks it is gone. It does a good job of filling though. I tend to prefer Elixir for it`s better water behavior. You can pick up a small bottle of Reload to try or you get one if you get the cquartz kit.

The other option you may want to consider is going with Gliss. Then you won`t need to use a spray sealant and you can get by with just Elixir.

22ple VS1 is another good spray topper. I like it more than Reload based on overall user experience and performance. It does cost more.

If you decide to get clutch wait until black friday for the discount sale.
    Thanks for all the great info. After reading this I remember you talking about your experience with Reload before along with some other folks who were not impressed. I`ll scratch that one from the list.

I`m not sure I`m ready for a product like Gliss. Maybe I`m just lazy, but I don`t mind using a spray on/wipe off booster product right after a wash. Products like Gliss seem to imply a little more deliberate planning and effort vs, "hey it`s not too hot today, I`m going to wash the car!" While shopping the CarPro site the other day, I did notice they have sample and very small size bottles of Elixr. I may pick some up when I get some CQuartz for my wheels. I`m almost afraid to try it since I have a bottle of Ech2O already. If I like it, my usage of Ech2O will go way down!

Thanks for the tip on Clutch, and I`ll also give the 22ple spray a look.

Of all the suggestions are any of them difficult to apply?

If I was smart, I`d just forget all of this and just stick with QD`s and WW`s. I sure do like the way things look after applying Cure though....

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a gallon of Clutch last Black Friday. Finally tried as a topper and impressed with water beading.

I normally mix 2oz to 3oz of Ech20 in 32oz Kwazar as a detail spray and has been great.

Product is definitely better than Reload hands down. Haven’t tried Cure but haven’t read great stuff so it’s what led me to Clutch.

Application is different than most silica sprays though. Jeremy recommends alloying to whole car and even allowing it to sit on paint for some time then 2 towels to remove.

My process was apply to whole car. Let sit for 30 mins and then use a AG green towel for removal anf TRC Everest to buff. Definetly not the easiest to apply (not WOWO) bet best topper I’ve used in 30$ a bottle sio2 crowd. Liked it better than Adam’s boost though I think I used original.

definitely added some gloss on hood with no coating on it. The beads are nice and tall. Added some pop on the coated parts as well

In the spirit of giving that is AutoGeek.... if you want I can send you some to try out.

Pics after applying and some beading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Desertnate, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want simple and easy after a wash, my favorites are:

--no particular order--

22PLE VS1 Final Coat, and
    Blackfire SIO2 Spray Sealant.

You cannot streak either one. Bubba proof! The BF SIO2 sealant spray is my favorite on glass windows. Spray and wipe. Done in 5 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I`m not sure why I don`t think of Adams. I know they`re out there, but haven`t tried any of their products.

Yes. It did. I`m not proud.

Thanks for all the great info. After reading this I remember you talking about your experience with Reload before along with some other folks who were not impressed. I`ll scratch that one from the list.

I`m not sure I`m ready for a product like Gliss. Maybe I`m just lazy, but I don`t mind using a spray on/wipe off booster product right after a wash. Products like Gliss seem to imply a little more deliberate planning and effort vs, "hey it`s not too hot today, I`m going to wash the car!" While shopping the CarPro site the other day, I did notice they have sample and very small size bottles of Elixr. I may pick some up when I get some CQuartz for my wheels. I`m almost afraid to try it since I have a bottle of Ech2O already. If I like it, my usage of Ech2O will go way down!

Thanks for the tip on Clutch, and I`ll also give the 22ple spray a look.

Of all the suggestions are any of them difficult to apply?

If I was smart, I`d just forget all of this and just stick with QD`s and WW`s. I sure do like the way things look after applying Cure though....
    22ple VS1 is very easy to apply. Hard to really mess it up. It has become a product that I use on my parents cars that have a 22ple coating. I think you will enjoy Elixir. I was swapping it every few weeks between Ech2o on my brothers car before he moved out a month ago.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Bought a gallon of Clutch last Black Friday. Finally tried as a topper and impressed with water beading.

I normally mix 2oz to 3oz of Ech20 in 32oz Kwazar as a detail spray and has been great.

Product is definitely better than Reload hands down. Haven’t tried Cure but haven’t read great stuff so it’s what led me to Clutch.

Application is different than most silica sprays though. Jeremy recommends alloying to whole car and even allowing it to sit on paint for some time then 2 towels to remove.

My process was apply to whole car. Let sit for 30 mins and then use a AG green towel for removal anf TRC Everest to buff. Definetly not the easiest to apply (not WOWO) bet best topper I’ve used in 30$ a bottle sio2 crowd. Liked it better than Adam’s boost though I think I used original.

definitely added some gloss on hood with no coating on it. The beads are nice and tall. Added some pop on the coated parts as well

In the spirit of giving that is AutoGeek.... if you want I can send you some to try out.
    Thanks for the information and the very generous offer. Based on your inputs I think Clutch is not the type of product I`m looking for. Quite often washes are target of opportunity and being able to rapidly wipe on/wipe off a product is critical to making it all work. Clutch seem a bit more involved and time consuming than I can handle right now.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    If you want simple and easy after a wash, my favorites are:

--no particular order--

22PLE VS1 Final Coat, and
    Blackfire SIO2 Spray Sealant.

You cannot streak either one. Bubba proof! The BF SIO2 sealant spray is my favorite on glass windows. Spray and wipe. Done in 5 minutes.
    I hadn`t even thought of the Blackfire. Does it alter the coating properties in any way? One of the things I really like about Ech2O and Cure is the coating continues to behave the same, it just looks glossier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    22ple VS1 is very easy to apply. Hard to really mess it up. It has become a product that I use on my parents cars that have a 22ple coating. I think you will enjoy Elixir. I was swapping it every few weeks between Ech2o on my brothers car before he moved out a month ago.
    I appreciate the info. Thanks!
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The BF SIO2 brings the life back to the coating. Does not affect the base coating at all. I spray on paint and wipe it in. It disappears into the paint. Beads like crazy. I use once per month.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Tac System Quartz Max is like the very first version of Carpro Reload which many liked. And proberly the same as when Tac System decided to release their own line of products the Carpro Reload needed to be reformulated and got that second awefull version of it. The newest version of Reload isn`t so bad as it has been. But Elixir seems interesting too. Still would be looking at Quartz Max for a Reload kind of product as it`s a solid product in any way.

Thread Information