Post Thanks / Like

P&S Beadmaker questions

I picked up a bottle of Beadmaker to try out and with being completely new to anything detailing I of course have a few questions. And from my questions I am sure you will see how completely new to this I am so I apologize.

The first application will probably be done this weekend after I was my vehicle. It will be put on as a top coat on my ‘05 Equinox. This is my everyday driver all black with the dark thick plastic trim. I have clayed it in the past, but haven’t for a while because I got the big to actually have clean vehicles again. Last weekend I washed it up and put a coat of meguiars black wax on it. I may follow that up with another coat this weekend, we will see. My actually plan is something to help protect it through the winter (I do not currently have a garage so it will be out in the elements all winter) come spring my wife and I are hoping to have completed our first home purchase this winter so I then want to strip any coatings off, clay it, and polish it and step up my detailing game on our vehicles then.

So enough background to my experience level, now to my questions.

The initial coat is to be done on a washed and completely dry vehicle correct? More than 1 coat?

How often do you do follow up coats? Meaning if I wash my vehicle weekly do I apply a coat after each wash?

Do I tip the Beadmaker with anything less for best results? If so, something easy for a newbie to apply would be best. Just like a quick detailer?

I also see some posts about using it as a drying agent? Are we talking about right after a wash spraying the product onto a wet vehicle and drying it? Do you then do another step?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Beadmaker questions

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    The initial coat is to be done on a washed and completely dry vehicle correct? More than 1 coat?

How often do you do follow up coats? Meaning if I wash my vehicle weekly do I apply a coat after each wash?

Do I tip the Beadmaker with anything less for best results? If so, something easy for a newbie to apply would be best. Just like a quick detailer?

I also see some posts about using it as a drying agent? Are we talking about right after a wash spraying the product onto a wet vehicle and drying it? Do you then do another step?
    - ​You will get the best durability if you apply Beadmaker to a dry vehicle. But you can use it as a drying aid while drying the vehicle.

- I use Beadmakerand there are times I apply it every wash but there are also times I wait and apply it every other week or even once a month. For me it is based on time and slickness that is left behind from previous applications.

- IMO (in my opinion) I wouldn`t top Beadmaker because I use it as my top up QD product. If your going to top Beadmaker then maybe BM isn`t the correct product for you. When layering products you also use the most durable product first and the least on top. But the water reaction you get it is really from the last product applied. So find something you like and use it often.

- Correct. 1 - 2 sprays per panel on a wet car as you are drying it off. Obviously the durability is cut down but the gloss and slickness are there. I use it this way after doing my initial dry application. Doing it this way make any product virtually last forever as long as you top it up often enough.
    Likes GTO_04 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beadmaker`s main attributes are its outstanding gloss enhancement and slickness. Durability/longevity just isn`t there. I use it sometimes on my daily ride as a drying aid, but more often on my garage queen El Camino, that gets a serious polish and wax only once a year. For DD`s that stays outside, you`ll get weeks, not months of durability. I have 3 of the family fleet that live outside 24/7 thru PA winters. If I`m not doing a coating, my wax/sealant winter preps usually involve one or two of these three brands: Collinite, Finish Kare or Duragloss.
    In any case, you`ll get better and longer-lasting results if you do some preparation before your final step application. If not polishing, at least do your clay step.
    I`ve been trying Meguiar`s Ultimate Fast Finish on my wife`s car thru the summer and have been satisfied so far. Once I do my winter prep, I think I`m going to try a couple apps of the UFF and see how it fares thru a winter.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
    I have 3 of the family fleet that live outside 24/7 thru PA winters. If I`m not doing a coating, my wax/sealant winter preps usually involve one or two of these three brands: Collinite, Finish Kare or Duragloss.
    In any case, you`ll get better and longer-lasting results if you do some preparation before your final step application. If not polishing, at least do your clay step.
    I`ve been trying Meguiar`s Ultimate Fast Finish on my wife`s car thru the summer and have been satisfied so far. Once I do my winter prep, I think I`m going to try a couple apps of the UFF and see how it fares thru a winter.

Bill

Bill tanks for that insight

I have thought about clay step yet this fall. Just not sure yet. My biggest hobby is archery hunting and season starts in 2 weekends so I have to figure out how to un-selfishly balance my time.

You said about coating your outside vehicles for PA winters. If I would decide to go that step what products and procedures are involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Your initial application of Bead Maker will be heavier than the subsequent ones. There`s a good chance you`ll go through a lot of the bottle (if its the 16oz one) during that first use. I typically reapply after every other wash, so about once a month. As others have stated, it`s not known for longevity, but gloss and slickness are awesome. Prior to winter, which is typically not that harsh in South Jersey, all of our vehicles get a full decon, paint correction if/where needed, and then with Jescar PowerLock or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant. Once cured, they get topped with either Collinite 845 or Jescar ColorLock

Post Thanks / Like

If you are thinking going the coating route, thorough preparation becomes an absolute must if you expect to get the longevity that a coating offers. Claying is a must and iron decontamination is recommended also. After that, the next step depends on the brand of coating you choose. All should have some type of polishing step involved and many brands have their own coating prep product. If there`s no time for multiple steps this fall, you just may want to do a claying and a couple coats of one of the sealants mentioned in my previous post.

Bill

Thread Information