Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product recommendation needed

I would lean towards Opti-Seal. Can use it on everything, even trim and it lasts up to 3-4months.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

For your criteria, I would highly suggest Ultimate Paint Guard plus.

super easy application
    can use it on everything including glass minus windshield
    two coats will last 5 or so months depending on your enviroment
    takes 10 min to do a whole vehicle
    released dirt easily
    great water sheeting properties
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just use Sonax BSD. It’s an LSP, works on trim, and a spray sealant. Only thing that seems to really compare to it is the Turtle Wax Shine & Seal for ease of use, water behavior, and longevity.

I know after I was my cars most of the time I’m going to wipe it down w/ something - I just use BSD & don’t worry about PNS. Once every few months and you are good.

I can tell you BSD alone is pretty much better than all the waxes & sealants out there

Post Thanks / Like

Try a sio2 based sealant. If don’t mind price Polish Angel cosmic spritz is awesome! Look up some videos. Use one everything (except glass so far) and the self cleaning is coating like beads are tight and roll right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Try a sio2 based sealant. If don’t mind price Polish Angel cosmic spritz is awesome! Look up some videos. Use one everything (except glass so far) and the self cleaning is coating like beads are tight and roll right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And with the new Cosmic Spritz Spraycoat and you do a finishing polish step with the PA Invicible Primer Polish. You extend the longevity from it up to 12-14 months. 2 layers of Cosmic and then you can spruce it up with the same Cosmic Spritz Spraycoat during this time. Application is very easy for such a strong product. If you don`t plan to polishing it`s not a need to be useing the Invicible Primer Polish but you get between 4-6 months. Then if your paint is in really great condition and you want the longevity from it. You have the PA Invicible Primer Spritz which is the spray form of the primer polish that has those bonding agents in it that makes the combo lasting longer. It serves as a panel prep wipe product so that`s another product you can skip.

Sonax PNS and BSD is also great products and even BSD on it`s own is long lasting LSP to be basicly a QD. I like the spray on rinse off products as they are so easy to use. I do always the wipe in method to get a little longer longevity from it and an even application when used on it`s own. Also you use very little of product this way and takes maybe an extra 5 minutes to apply it. Sonax Spray and Seal is one that I have come to like a lot lately. Gives me a little more at the candied look. PNS and BSD is the more sharper and crispy looks from so don`t the same looks from them. Then it`s not released in the US but Sonax Wash and Seal is a car soap which shares the Spray and Seal protection looks. Get you a 4-6 weeks of longevity from it. Was very impressed by the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat so you will easy get 3 months or more of very great behavior from it. Even more coating like than the earlier version. Carpro Hydro2 Lite is also really great and you have the Carpro Hydrofoam as a wash protection soap and Gyeon Bathe+ for Wet Coat. These have done a very great work to protect in the harsh winter weather environment I live in Sweden.

Ultima PGP is an underated product. Ease of use and in my case this where the old oil based version. Know when it`s water based it`s even easier I can imagine. Before it was needed to be bone dry paint when you applyied it. Now you can also use it as a drying aid even. 2 layers when you apply it the first time and then you can refresh this every other month if wanted to. And the Ultima Paint Guard Wash is a great car soap that leaves a little of the Polycharger polymers behind. And you have the waterless wash plus that you can dilute and use as a QD or drying aid if wanted.

It`s a series of products but I like the looks from them and it`s the Angelwax Enigma line. You have the ceramic wax and AIO and QED and ceramic infused car soap. It`s a ceramic wax hybrids of products that is nice.

Polish Angel Master Sealant is also a great looking protection. And combo that with the PA Esclate Lotion which is an abrasive paint cleaner that also have some kind oils in it that makes the paint color to look great and top it with the Master Sealant is awesome. If you have a metallic paint and want the metallic flakes pop like crazy. PA High Gloss as maintance wipe downs after the wash and you really gets them to stand out.

Ooh you maybe just wanted 1 option LOL. Sorry as there is so many great options out there today that both gets you a great protection and longevity from them. Then you have the looks from them that`s also something that you can get slightly different results from. So it`s much of the personal preferences on what to go with. And the better you prep your paint and polishing it to a great finish and you get both the best look and longevity from the LSP of choice.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had really good luck with Wolfgang 3.0 sealant. Seem to protect for about 5-6 months. I have often top it with Collinite 845.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice. Ive got to start looking through the list a little better. Anyone else feel free to keep adding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information