Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Wash w/o additives

I have been using Ultima WW for a long time and it works very well, BUT I want to try a WW w/o any waxes, shine enhancers, etc. Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless Wash w/o additives

McKees N-914 is the only one on the market without any waxes or polymers that I know of. It’s a good one. I use it everywhere.
    Likes RMD, DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe

Quote from AG:

Formulated of water, emulsifiers and surfactants, cleaning and restoring shine is a snap. Spray and Wipe Waterless Wash, like all the friendly Poorboy’s products is alcohol-free. No wax; no silicone in this one!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe

Quote from AG:

Formulated of water, emulsifiers and surfactants, cleaning and restoring shine is a snap. Spray and Wipe Waterless Wash, like all the friendly Poorboy’s products is alcohol-free. No wax; no silicone in this one!
    S&W has always been a favorite of mine. That said, I always assumed it left something behind.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    McKees N-914 is the only one on the market without any waxes or polymers that I know of. It’s a good one. I use it everywhere.
    I also use N914 and like it.

The other is Atomic Rinseless
    Both you guys should check it out

Post Thanks / Like

Those two won`t alter coating properties either

Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Wash w/o additives

Adams Waterless Wash. No added anything, just a super slick cleaner that does it`s job. I`ve used it in many situations-- vehicle too dirty, hot paint, hot engine... the Adams just works. Glass, paint, plastics. I have tried ~ten different WW and nothing is as versatile as the Adams. Second place goes to 3D Waterless Wash, third to N914. The rest I just use as pre-soak now.

What I currently have on hand. I used the last of my P&S WW yesterday (meh; streaky).

Post Thanks / Like

Ech20 or N914 for coatings, N914 for anything else.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn’t any good waterless wash leave *something* on the surface? I thought that’s part of what makes them safe.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here by me it rains everyday and I just leave the car outside for a good wash by the rain, save me the time in doing it.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Adams Waterless Wash. No added anything, just a super slick cleaner that does it`s job. I`ve used it in many situations-- vehicle too dirty, hot paint, hot engine... the Adams just works. Glass, paint, plastics. I have tried ~ten different WW and nothing is as versatile as the Adams. Second place goes to 3D Waterless Wash, third to N914. The rest I just use as pre-soak now.

What I currently have on hand. I used the last of my P&S WW yesterday (meh; streaky).

Are you sure about that Adam`s Waterless Wash don`t leave anything behind?

I used just a sample of it on an unprotected hood. And thought it looked more than clean when I was done. Used when it had been freezing during the night and thought that the surface had gone up over the freezing point. But man did I was wrong about that LOL. The Adam`s Waterless Wash basicly froze when I was starting to wipe it off. And this was when in the sun and the air temp was over the freezing point. Had heard good about waterless washes during these kind of conditions. Lucky it was a trashed car you could say. But also user error so no fault at Adam`s there. Tried another time later on the same hood but then I had LSP products that I tested out. Then I didn`t see any differences if a shine was left by Adam`s Waterless Wash. The dark blue VW paint is very metallic flakes glossy on it`s own. So maybe it where just a clean surface but at the time I thought it left some glossenhancer on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the thought of leaving something behind may be all over the place.

They are mostly all using some sort of polymer and/or surfactant as a means to protect the surface from the dirt like as in encapsulating, lubricants etc

This does not mean it’s leaving a form an intentional protection behind

Yes there will be surfactant and/or polymers there when you are done. There cannot NOT be considering you are not rinsing it clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of Ultima WW also, but PB Spray and Wipe for the win here, specifically for not adding any “look”.
    Megs in the consumer bottle is my new favorite With Wax, but prohibitively expensive per use. I just couldn’t get the concentrate to work as well as the consumer bottle.

Ech20 gives the MOST enhanced “look” in my opinion.
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Are you sure about that Adam`s Waterless Wash don`t leave anything behind?
    I`m not a chemist (far from it) but am convinced it`s not leaving any protection behind. I don`t have the latitude challenges you do so I should say I`ve never tried it at near-freezing temperatures. As a counter example, the Adams Ceramic Waterless Wash certainly does leave something behind and boy can you tell the difference in streaking and buffing needs.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I`m not a chemist (far from it) but am convinced it`s not leaving any protection behind. I don`t have the latitude challenges you do so I should say I`ve never tried it at near-freezing temperatures. As a counter example, the Adams Ceramic Waterless Wash certainly does leave something behind and boy can you tell the difference in streaking and buffing needs.
    Yeah I can imagine that with the Adam`s Ceramic Waterless Wash. Think that the Tac System Aqua Waterless wash also has a high SiO2 amount in it.

And just cause they leave glossenhancer behind don`t necessary do that them masking the coating behavior from some of them. It`s just my personal preference that I want the looks I have from the LSP I chose to use. So it`s more of the looks from some wash products I don`t like to get to interfear with the LSP. Also when I tried the Adam`s Waterless Wash the car could not have any protection or glossenhancers on the paint at that point. If so the cheap wash and wax would have been survived 18months or so LOL. The paint had some moderate swirls on the hood. And was surprised by the shine on it after I used the Adam`s WW. Maybe since it got cleaned that it stod out idk.

Don`t know if the Griots Garage Brilliant Rinseless Wash can be diluted in waterless wash dilution. That says to be just a cleaner as the N-914 rinseless wash.
    Likes bofh liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information