Post Thanks / Like

Another Turtle Wax product

I just bought the Turtle Wax - Dash & Glass after having such good luck with the SNS and the ICE Spray Detailer. I first used it on my rear window (inside) because I wanted to test it on an area where I have a real hard time ... Camaro = small back seat & difficult access to the interior rear glass. Usually I have to go over the glass several times to get it "right," what with the angle I have to lay at trying NOT to get smearing is a pain.

Despite my latest post about spraying the towel instead of the glass, I sprayed the D&G directly on the window and wiped it down with the low-nap side of a mf cloth. It turned out GREAT! Lightly spritz the product on the glass and wipe dry, that`s it. The interior of my rear window turned out perfect.

Then I used it to "dust" my interior plastic which has been treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant. A light mist onto the cloth, followed by a wipe. As advertised, it leaves a clean, dry surface and all the dust was collected into the cloth. If you want glossy/shiny, you will need to follow up with something else, but for a simple clean finish, this stuff works well.

Definitely worth the ~8$
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes kevk, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Turtle Wax product

Don- Hey, that sounds great! I`ll b interested to hear how the backlight does over time, whether any issues will become apparent after a while.

I`m assuming there was a little 303 left on the interior surfaces you tried the TW on...could you tell whether the TW stripped it down to "bare plastic" or did it just remove the dust without being that aggressive? Hoping that Q made sense...I`m thinking how Glass Cleaners can really *clean* any surfaces they contact, sometimes more than we`d like.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it a couple of years ago and though it was terrible on glass and just OK on the dash. Streaked like crazy for me on the glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m assuming there was a little 303 left on the interior surfaces you tried the TW on...could you tell whether the TW stripped it down to "bare plastic" or did it just remove the dust without being that aggressive? Hoping that Q made sense...I`m thinking how Glass Cleaners can really *clean* any surfaces they contact, sometimes more than we`d like.
    This is a great question. I’m have my Meg’s glass cleaner in a 32oz spray bottle that looks similar to the bottle I keep N-914 in. There’s definitely been a few times where I accidentally spray and wipe glass cleaner where I meant to apply WW... this typically happens on the exterior which is always well protected and never saw significant degradation... but always wondered how aggressive the glass cleaners are and whether overspray hurts my mind protectant on the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Hey, that sounds great! I`ll b interested to hear how the backlight does over time, whether any issues will become apparent after a while.

In the day light the back window looks great (I can`t see it, except for the defroster lines). The REAL test will be driving to work tomorrow morning in the dark with other cars behind me and their headlights glaring through. THEN I will see ANY missed spots or smearing.

On the areas that were really dirty (the console, door panels etc) I used it more heavily and sprayed it directly on the surfaces. It DID seem to strip the 303 from those areas. On the dash board, and areas where I lightly misted the towel and just lightly wiped the dust off, the 303 seemed to stay intact ... so I guess that when used `heavily,` it will strip the protectant.

BUT ... when I cleaned the EXTERIOR glass (side windows), which have been coated with SNS, I got streaking. So I guess that the green bottle of Dash & Glass is just one more thing that won`t strip off the SNS.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    I tried it a couple of years ago and though it was terrible on glass and just OK on the dash. Streaked like crazy for me on the glass.
    If you still have some .... LIGHTLY spray it on the glass and use a dedicated GLASS CLOTH with low to medium nap. Like I mentioned in my reply to ACCUMULATOR, I have TW Seal N Shine on my exterior glass and the Dash & Glass smeared pretty good when I tried using it over that, but on "plain ol` dirty glass" the D & G worked great.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    If you still have some .... LIGHTLY spray it on the glass and use a dedicated GLASS CLOTH with low to medium nap. Like I mentioned in my reply to ACCUMULATOR, I have TW Seal N Shine on my exterior glass and the Dash & Glass smeared pretty good when I tried using it over that, but on "plain ol` dirty glass" the D & G worked great.
    I gave it to a guy at work, I don`t know if he ever used it or not. I have a glass cleaner that I love (poorboys) and I`m sticking with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Thanks for the reply! (Waiting to hear how today`s drive to work went...)

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Thanks for the reply! (Waiting to hear how today`s drive to work went...)
    Passed with flying colors! The only "spot" is the 1/2" strip of glass at the very base of the window which is just too tight for me to get my fat fingers into and is VERY difficult to wedge a folded mf cloth into to clean.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Ah, that`s good! Sounds like it`s working great for you.

Thread Information