Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products like IronX and Sonax Fallout Cleaner don`t make sense to me

Hey Liz,

Do I gotta talk to the new bosses to get you a deal on a spotless water system and some resin?

Just say the word girl and I call the Sonax Master General and get that worked out.

We Gotta take care of the people who take care of us

TGIF !

Quote Originally Posted by Liz@Autopia View Post
    Just one more of those "price we pay for living in paradise" things, but yeah, Florida can be one of those places, especially if you have well water. I actually used the Sonax Fallout Cleaner in my shower a while back to cut through the orange stains on the tiles left by all the iron in the water. We buy cheap shower curtains and just throw them away when they turn orange. You see houses here with rust stains on the outside walls or edges of the driveway and you know that`s where the sprinkler water hits. I had a friend who lived in a community with a bunch of busy bodies on the HOA board who would send him nasty-grams every few months about the stains on his driveway. He painted the whole driveway rust colored just to shut them up. It`s crazy, but in some areas the water really is just that bad.

Luckily, I have a self serve coin wash place close by that I use, but if I used the water at home to wash the cars on a regular basis, I`d probably have to use these kinds of products at least a few times a year, especially on our white car.
    Thanks Liz@Autopia thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

For the record, de-ionized water that CR Spotless Water Conditioner Systems produces is NOT the same as softened water that most residential water softeners/conditioner systems products.

That said, I am sure that there are more "robust" and specialized residential water conditioners that can take care of high-iron content water sources. The down side is the initial cost and subsequent maintenance cost for this system to "work" properly.

Liz can buy A LOT of shower curtains and Sonax Fallout Cleaner for the price of such a system.

One thing that most people who have high-iron content water supplies that they use for drinking and potable water (IE, they ingest on a daily basis) may not be aware of is that it turns light colored hair a yellowy tinge. My father had this happen to him when his blond hair became white hair in his later years. Our home drinking water was iron-laden. I thought it may have come from his high-bile personal physiology (yellowed arm pit stains on white shirts) but my sister, a beautician, attributed the yellow in his hair to the many years of ingesting iron-laden water. Fact or fiction: you decide.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Hey Liz,

Do I gotta talk to the new bosses to get you a deal on a spotless water system and some resin?

Just say the word girl and I call the Sonax Master General and get that worked out.

We Gotta take care of the people who take care of us

TGIF !

Thanks for that, but they do take pretty good care of us here. It`s all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    For the record, de-ionized water that CR Spotless Water Conditioner Systems produces is NOT the same as softened water that most residential water softeners/conditioner systems products.

That said, I am sure that there are more "robust" and specialized residential water conditioners that can take care of high-iron content water sources. The down side is the initial cost and subsequent maintenance cost for this system to "work" properly.

Liz can buy A LOT of shower curtains and Sonax Fallout Cleaner for the price of such a system.

One thing that most people who have high-iron content water supplies that they use for drinking and potable water (IE, they ingest on a daily basis) may not be aware of is that it turns light colored hair a yellowy tinge. My father had this happen to him when his blond hair became white hair in his later years. Our home drinking water was iron-laden. I thought it may have come from his high-bile personal physiology (yellowed arm pit stains on white shirts) but my sister, a beautician, attributed the yellow in his hair to the many years of ingesting iron-laden water. Fact or fiction: you decide.
    I`m a very happy renter, so any major changes to the water systems would have to go through the landlord. We`ve been where we are for 15 years, pay about half of what most rents are going for around here these days, and have a pretty sweet view too. This is my morning coffee drinking spot.

Products like IronX and Sonax Fallout Cleaner don`t make sense to me-20201030_113426-002-.jpg

The pros absolutely outweigh the cons (like the quality of the well water) in my opinion. I`m not really paranoid about it being "unsafe", but we do get the big jugs of water for drinking and cooking purposes just because it tastes better. Everything else, like stains on the bathroom tile or using the self serve coin wash for the car, I can live with.

It definitely does have a "yellowing" effect on things - I gave up on white clothes staying white for very long no matter how much bleach you use, a couple trips through the washer is about all it takes. I find much worse effects on my hair when they test the water and add more chlorine to it honestly. But there could also be a big difference between ingesting it in large quantities long term vs showering with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information