Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Gloss Coat vs Cquartz Uk 3.0

I`ve been using OPC for the past few years. How does Cquartz Uk 3.0 differ? Are they the same type of protection? How does durability compare? Ease of application?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Gloss Coat vs Cquartz Uk 3.0

Ease of application goes to Gloss Coat. Durability and overall performance goes to CQUK 3.0. CQUK 3.0 is much easier to apply than the previous formula.

They are both coatings but each company has different technology.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Guz, how does 3.0 compare to the "classic"? The one i recently put on my hood, I bought like 2 years ago. Someone at CarPro mentioned on my IG, that it`s probably several years old.

My guess, if it doesn`t perform, that would be the reason. Dunno.

Gloss Coat and CQuartz both went on easily enough. If anything, LOL, BOTH of those I bought around the same time! oh, that`s funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Guz, how does 3.0 compare to the "classic"? The one i recently put on my hood, I bought like 2 years ago. Someone at CarPro mentioned on my IG, that it`s probably several years old.

My guess, if it doesn`t perform, that would be the reason. Dunno.

Gloss Coat and CQuartz both went on easily enough. If anything, LOL, BOTH of those I bought around the same time! oh, that`s funny.
    Are you asking about the application process, overall performance or both?

Post Thanks / Like

Oops.

Application process

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Oops.

Application process

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    They are about the same. Didn`t find either one too difficult to use.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I actually when I think about it am very disappointed with opti on the prosumer level they should have a stronger offering to compete with UK. Maybe we should boycott until they give us something closer to there prolevel stuff plus it so expensive 10 ml gloss coat vs 30 ml UK. C’mon opti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Ease of application goes to Gloss Coat. Durability and overall performance goes to CQUK 3.0. CQUK 3.0 is much easier to apply than the previous formula.

They are both coatings but each company has different technology.
    Might be just me but I`ve found the original UK version easier to use since it flashes a bit quicker. 3.0 to me takes longer to flash and can be a little bit smeary when wiping off, and a little bit more grabby also.

Post Thanks / Like

Where does Optimum Gloss Coat fall these days among the entry level consumer coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I actually when I think about it am very disappointed with opti on the prosumer level they should have a stronger offering to compete with UK. Maybe we should boycott until they give us something closer to there prolevel stuff plus it so expensive 10 ml gloss coat vs 30 ml UK. C’mon opti
    I`d join your boycott but I think I might not buy whatever comes out. The consumer spray "ceramics" are getting so good that I don`t think there is any reason for me to go back to a coating. They work as a drying aid and last 3-6 months. I keep asking myself what do I need a coating for?
    Likes dmatre liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    Where does Optimum Gloss Coat fall these days among the entry level consumer coatings?

In my opinion and experience Opti Gloss Coat is one of the easiest and most user friendly products to apply. I would suggest it for first time coating guys that are nervous or not confident in their ability to do a coating.

But as far as durability I would put it towards the bottom. This is based on my use in Ohio and winter. While it looks fine the durability is on the lower end and after a year or so I felt like it needed redone. In the grand scheme of things if it’s only going to last a year I think I am better off using a sealant and topper products since it is less work and prep. I think a true coating should last more like 2-2+ years to make the time and prep worth it.
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

In my opinion and experience Opti Gloss Coat is one of the easiest and most user friendly products to apply. I would suggest it for first time coating guys that are nervous or not confident in their ability to do a coating.

But as far as durability I would put it towards the bottom. This is based on my use in Ohio and winter. While it looks fine the durability is on the lower end and after a year or so I felt like it needed redone. In the grand scheme of things if it’s only going to last a year I think I am better off using a sealant and topper products since it is less work and prep. I think a true coating should last more like 2-2+ years to make the time and prep worth it.
    Good water behavior?

Post Thanks / Like

Good water behavior?

Average. Better that some sealants but not at the level of most other coatings IMO. There are some sealants that are slicker and have better water behavior and self cleaning. But those sealants don’t last as long. I find that with most coatings the crazy water behavior die down after awhile and what you really are getting is the durability and ease of cleaning during the wash process.

If I was going to put the time and prep in I would go CQUK, SiC, Gtechniq CSL+EXO, etc. they have proven 2+ year durability and are a much better choice IMO.
    Likes CleanIt liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt, Older thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Average. Better that some sealants but not at the level of most other coatings IMO. There are some sealants that are slicker and have better water behavior and self cleaning. But those sealants don’t last as long. I find that with most coatings the crazy water behavior die down after awhile and what you really are getting is the durability and ease of cleaning during the wash process.

If I was going to put the time and prep in I would go CQUK, SiC, Gtechniq CSL+EXO, etc. they have proven 2+ year durability and are a much better choice IMO.
    Thanks. I`ve read some good things about Gyeon coatings retaining their hydrophobicity for a good amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

I stand by my original comments. Gloss Coat is not that good in comparison to other coatings. It falls flat on its face not a even a year in. Not worth it when the same can be achieved by Gyeon CanCoat or Cquartz Lite.

Thanks. I`ve read some good things about Gyeon coatings retaining their hydrophobicity for a good amount of time.
    The only coating I liked from Gyeon is CanCoat and it is not even a full fledged coating. Syncro is nice but Skin fades quickly. Skin has some great hydrophobic behavior. Mohs has rather underwhelming hydrophobic behavior. Similar to Gtechniq CSL.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information