Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck happened to my Hydro Blue???

A little over a year ago I got a gallon of McKee`s 37 Hydro Blue and have been using it out of a spray bottle about once a month during the time the weather is nice. The gallon sat untouched/sealed for the first ~6 months after I got it because I got injured racing motorcycles the summer I got it and then when I healed up enough to wash my car it was winter. I opened it for the first time ~6 months ago and it has been fine until the last time I used it.

I`ve been using it out of a 33oz Kwazar bottle so I filled the bottle once and a couple of weeks ago was the first time I had refilled the bottle out of the original gallon jug. That`s when things seemed to go wrong. I didn`t notice until the drying stage that the Hydro Blue had started to congeal (or something) and the semi-solid particles didn`t get rinsed off with the pressure washer after applying the product and have proved nearly impossible to get off my car.

I strained what was in the bottle back into the gallon and have included a photo of what is now stuck to my car. Thankfully not much made it through the sprayer so it wasn`t a complete catastrophe but the spots that smeared on the glass are the biggest nuisance.

Any idea what the heck happened? Anyone every see this happen before? The only possible thing that could have contaminated the product would have been possibly a few drops of moisture but I don`t think that happened as I am pretty careful. Do you think this stuff is trash now? I have about a half gallon left. I was thinking of continuing to use it after straining it even though it is probably far less effective at this state. It`s going to be a shame to throw away $40 worth of product. What the heck happened to my Hydro Blue???-img_0346.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information