Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angelwax TI-22 / Enigma combo opinions / experiences?

I just completed a decon and full correction of my new-to-me SUV (it was a blast but stressful in a good way). I`ll be posting separately about that effort once the LSP is on and cured. The current state of the vehicle is CarPro Essence applied, which I`m letting cure for 36 hours before applying the final LSP(s).

I`ve been struggling about what to use out of the following options slash eventual combos (wax portions of combos could be applied very soon or down the road).
    1) PBL Paint Coating or Surface Coating / PBL Synergy
    2) IGL Premiere / 22PLE VS1 Final Coat
    3) TAC Moonlight / TAC Quartzmax
    4) PA Famous Wax / PA Gold Zircon
    5) PA Master Sealant / PA Rapidwaxx or PA Presto
    6) Gyeon Cancoat
    7) Angelwax (AW) TI-22 / AW Enigma Wax / AW Enigma QED

I have way too many time critical items to try over the next few years... lucky for my family and friends, huh?

Anyways, I recently decided the option 7 Angelwax combo is most time critical, as there are already quite a bit floating SiO2 particles in the TI-22 (unfortunate since I only purchased this a few months ago and it is still wrapped). TAC has no particles, PBL shelf life is great, Premiere is still wrapped up with no signs of aging, etc.

I`ve been unable to find info on Angelwax so decided I would ask a few questions here:
    a) Has anyone used TI-22, and if so, did you notice floating SiO2 bits at time of purchase, prior to unwrapping?

b) Is the water behavior of TI-22 so good that I should wait months with TI-22 alone before considering topping with Enigma for added looks, but possible decrease in beading? I`m already leaning this way, possibly re-applying TI-22 months from now prior to topping with Enigma to see the fresh combo together.

c) Is it practical to apply 2 coats of TI-22 now, since I have 8oz to use and not sure the shelf life will be long once opened? As long as it doesn`t cause issues I will probably do this, but figured I would ask for user experience first.

No worries if anyone doesn`t have exact answers to the above questions... any thoughts and opinions are welcome and will get my gears turning.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Angelwax TI-22 / Enigma combo opinions / experiences?

Not used before but definitely subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Put my first coat of TI-22 on the paint and wheels just now. Paint looks nice and glassy. Not the best glassy/glossy I’ve ever seen but I’ll give it time to cure and probably add another coat tomorrow night. Still very nice looking though.

The wheels were moderately cleaned and given Hydro Blue two days ago before I decided on using TI-22 today. Used it to put a greater dent in the bottle as I want to get bang for the buck in case this bottle goes bad anytime soon.

I used about 1/12 the 8oz bottle or less doing paint and four wheels. Probably another 12th doing the second coat. Stuff went on pretty easy, especially when doing small sections and wiping immediately. It flashes very quickly (80 degrees outside, not too humid, applied in garage with door open). Strong coating odor. Added a bit more glassy on top of the already glassy Essence.

Post Thanks / Like

They claim you can put Ti-22 both under and then over their waxes for a little longer longevity from the waxes. It`s basicly a primer for their waxes but does good on it`s own. Got a little worried when you think your bottle have gone bad. I have one that`s almost 2 years now but not opened up. When I looked at it and shaked it up a little it was getting hazy but cleared up again. It`s solvent based so the shelf life should be pretty long if you don`t store it where it gets sun light on it. What I know it`s no SiO2 in the Ti-22 and just some kind of titanium in it. Don`t think that it`s TiO2 either but it can be so. According to the SDS it`s there own Ti mix in it so it can be very well based on the TiO2 but has another chemical in it to make the blend they are useing. They have these different kind of blends in many other products too as Enigma line.

Now I have the TW SNS on testing on the car I have thought about useing Ti-22 and AW Desirable Wax on it after the correction. Have thought of useing the Essence before as it also has TiO2 in it. But don`t know how it gets but when there I probebly use Essence LOL.

Yeah you don`t want to work in bigger sections or let it dwell for too long. It`s a wipe on wipe off directly for getting the ease of use from it. Great that you have it applyied good. If it where gone bad I think that you would have problems with application. I would remove the spray head and close it with the cap again after you are done with it. So the solvents has not the ability to evaporate from it.

Would be nice to see your results and thoughts about it when done

/ Tony
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    They claim you can put Ti-22 both under and then over their waxes for a little longer longevity from the waxes. It`s basicly a primer for their waxes but does good on it`s own. Got a little worried when you think your bottle have gone bad. I have one that`s almost 2 years now but not opened up. When I looked at it and shaked it up a little it was getting hazy but cleared up again. It`s solvent based so the shelf life should be pretty long if you don`t store it where it gets sun light on it. What I know it`s no SiO2 in the Ti-22 and just some kind of titanium in it. Don`t think that it`s TiO2 either but it can be so. According to the SDS it`s there own Ti mix in it so it can be very well based on the TiO2 but has another chemical in it to make the blend they are useing. They have these different kind of blends in many other products too as Enigma line.

Now I have the TW SNS on testing on the car I have thought about useing Ti-22 and AW Desirable Wax on it after the correction. Have thought of useing the Essence before as it also has TiO2 in it. But don`t know how it gets but when there I probebly use Essence LOL.

Yeah you don`t want to work in bigger sections or let it dwell for too long. It`s a wipe on wipe off directly for getting the ease of use from it. Great that you have it applyied good. If it where gone bad I think that you would have problems with application. I would remove the spray head and close it with the cap again after you are done with it. So the solvents has not the ability to evaporate from it.

Would be nice to see your results and thoughts about it when done

/ Tony
    Thanks for the response. I’ll definitely provide a summary of my experience when done. I’m so glad to hear your thoughts about longevity, haziness, lack of SiO2 (and maybe TiO2) and the fact that your bottle is two years old and sounds similar to mine. I feel much more relieved and won’t try to rush usage with this, as I now don’t worry so much about its shelf life.

I think I will add one more coat tomorrow for coverage, then will check out a few rainfalls/beading for a month or so, then most likely top with one more coat and Enigma in September, maintaining with Enigma QED, and see how far into winter this gets me.

My wife’s car and Acura are next in line for new LSPs, so I will be choosing from the list above and/or adding to the list of LSP combos for those cars. Those will also be primed with Essence Extreme since I have a crapload to use up and I know the Essence will go bad at some point, it’s already 9 months old.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I should also note that I did wash the sprayer, topped the bottle quickly, have the towels soaking (MF applicator may get thrown out) even though that may not matter with no SiO2.

The few reviews I did see about TI-22, the users topped with Desirable Wax, and you mentioned it too, Tony. Maybe I should have gotten that instead of Enigma. AW has so many waxes and I haven’t taken time to become familiar with each, and probably won’t until I decide I love Angelwax and want to spend hundreds more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I should also note that I did wash the sprayer, topped the bottle quickly, have the towels soaking (MF applicator may get thrown out) even though that may not matter with no SiO2.

The few reviews I did see about TI-22, the users topped with Desirable Wax, and you mentioned it too, Tony. Maybe I should have gotten that instead of Enigma. AW has so many waxes and I haven’t taken time to become familiar with each, and probably won’t until I decide I love Angelwax and want to spend hundreds more.
    Yeah they have a few waxes. But if you read the description of them you will notice that some are like for different shades of colors and there are some not depending on the color you have. I was going to go with the Enigma Wax but got a to good of offer for the full pot of Desirable Wax so could not skip on that LOL. They have all their waxes in 33ml small jars so you can get a couple of applications from it. And if you like one you could get the bigger jar of it.

1 coat of Enigma QED during the spring where road salt was still present. I got 3 months of high performance from it. The Enigma Ceramic Infused car soap is also nice to wash with sometimes. Get me around 4-6 weeks longevity from it. I like the warmer look combined with the coating crispy looks you get from Enigma line. Have been very close to get the Enigma AIO to do the finishing polish step with. But hold off on it until I get a car to apply it on. That and a coat of Enigma Wax or Enigma QED you could get a decent bunch of products that works in synergy and also the car soap. Now they have released new Enigma products. Enigma Corona which worked awesome on plastic trim with the original and also looked great on the paint. Enigma Elixir is the tire dressing and also plastic trim and rubber seals and the Enigma Interno which is an interior protectant.

They don`t release so much of products every year. And the ones they do release seems to be upgrades or fit in their line up.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tony, do you know if TI-22 has any cleaners? I assumed not but you mention it’s a primer and the solvents which got me thinking, maybe I shouldn’t be adding a second coat right now if it’s removing the first.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony, do you know if TI-22 has any cleaners? I assumed not but you mention it’s a primer and the solvents which got me thinking, maybe I shouldn’t be adding a second coat right now if it’s removing the first.
    Re-thinking this. TI-22 directions state it can be used on top of wax, so I can’t see the solvents being strong enough to kill something as durable as itself.

I will add the second coat to paint and wheels shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Right thinking there. Think that the solvents is fast to evaporate from the surface while you wipe it off. So letting it cure for some hours and I think it`s good to be applying a second layer. And I would not apply it on a dirty surface. Just as a generally speaking and the lack of lubrication from it to safely remove any dirt and contaminants.

Post Thanks / Like

Right thinking there. Think that the solvents is fast to evaporate from the surface while you wipe it off. So letting it cure for some hours and I think it`s good to be applying a second layer. And I would not apply it on a dirty surface. Just as a generally speaking and the lack of lubrication from it to safely remove any dirt and contaminants.
    Two coats applied on paint and wheels now. About 1/6 bottle left, I probably overused to be safe as much of my work was done in my garage where lighting isn’t good on side/bottom panels.

Car looks good, but I’m itching to apply Enigma too. I’m f I do go for the home run and apply Enigma, I will likely leave half of the roof without Enigma so I can compare the two but get the crazy gloss on the portion of the car everyone sees (non-roof). Haven’t made up my mind about Enigma now or later though. Will decide by tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Totaly understand that itch LOL. Maybe I`ve been impacted on the description of the Ti-22 on the domestic webshops. That`s basicly something that you apply for a more durable base coat layer of protection and not so much for the looks. Their is testing that a italian youtuber has done with the CQUK and classic and Kamikaze ISM and the product they have is like a clearcoat restorer and Ti-22. The wash is done with a slightly acidic car soap as to have coatings free from the build up of lime scale that you can get during the longrun of coatings. And it`s washed many times and think it was one more product used when he washed the panel he did the testing on. The Ti-22 did hold up amazingly long for being a sealant and passed the Kamikaze in this testing. Think it was 2 other sealants in the test that failed as expected. But that Ti-22 was almost on par with Carpro Classic/TiO2 I think was very impresive. Sadly he didn`t mentioned or showed how he applyied the Ti-22. Saw Brian on Apex Detailing Channel did apply it with a foam applicator and as always with 2 coats as he do.

Some like to combo the Ti-22 and Corona. Corona has a little warmer wax look and is awesome on plastic trim too. Would be very interesting to combo the Ti-22 and the new Corona Enigma. Titanium and the warm sealant look and also now some SiO2. Can it go wrong LOL.

If you don`t do it for testing the Ti-22. I would absolutely top it with Enigma Wax. Maybe start with the roof and apply half of it with Enigma Wax. And see how it looks the next day and see if you like it or not.

Would have been very interesting doing a sandwich application with a wax you have used before on the same car. That`s Ti-22 and maybe Pinnacle Souverän Wax and Ti-22 again. If it`s true you can lock in the wax with Ti-22 for a longer longevity from the Souverän Wax. You don`t see that claim they have with Ti-22. And they are coming from wax manufacturing Angelwax. I like the story behind Angelwax as how it became a company. The owner made a blend of wax for a bigger company but they did not made it for some reason. So he started Angelwax and released the wax that was just called Angelwax LOL. It`s still in their line up even if it`s not the most popular wax in their line up. Then Angelwax evolved to a whole line of car care products. Desirable Wax was a special edition at first with just one batch done. But when it got so liked they decided to take it in in their line up. Stories like these I like and the products I have used is up in the top tier of their range of products. If it where priced as in the UK I would have used many more products. The waxes and Enigma line is around what we get it for though.

Man I always get to write a lot LOL. Maybe it would been enough with yes go with the Enigma Wax on top of Ti-22 LOL.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Dislikes acuRAS82 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Totaly understand that itch LOL. Maybe I`ve been impacted on the description of the Ti-22 on the domestic webshops. That`s basicly something that you apply for a more durable base coat layer of protection and not so much for the looks. Their is testing that a italian youtuber has done with the CQUK and classic and Kamikaze ISM and the product they have is like a clearcoat restorer and Ti-22. The wash is done with a slightly acidic car soap as to have coatings free from the build up of lime scale that you can get during the longrun of coatings. And it`s washed many times and think it was one more product used when he washed the panel he did the testing on. The Ti-22 did hold up amazingly long for being a sealant and passed the Kamikaze in this testing. Think it was 2 other sealants in the test that failed as expected. But that Ti-22 was almost on par with Carpro Classic/TiO2 I think was very impresive. Sadly he didn`t mentioned or showed how he applyied the Ti-22. Saw Brian on Apex Detailing Channel did apply it with a foam applicator and as always with 2 coats as he do.

Some like to combo the Ti-22 and Corona. Corona has a little warmer wax look and is awesome on plastic trim too. Would be very interesting to combo the Ti-22 and the new Corona Enigma. Titanium and the warm sealant look and also now some SiO2. Can it go wrong LOL.

If you don`t do it for testing the Ti-22. I would absolutely top it with Enigma Wax. Maybe start with the roof and apply half of it with Enigma Wax. And see how it looks the next day and see if you like it or not.

Would have been very interesting doing a sandwich application with a wax you have used before on the same car. That`s Ti-22 and maybe Pinnacle Souverän Wax and Ti-22 again. If it`s true you can lock in the wax with Ti-22 for a longer longevity from the Souverän Wax. You don`t see that claim they have with Ti-22. And they are coming from wax manufacturing Angelwax. I like the story behind Angelwax as how it became a company. The owner made a blend of wax for a bigger company but they did not made it for some reason. So he started Angelwax and released the wax that was just called Angelwax LOL. It`s still in their line up even if it`s not the most popular wax in their line up. Then Angelwax evolved to a whole line of car care products. Desirable Wax was a special edition at first with just one batch done. But when it got so liked they decided to take it in in their line up. Stories like these I like and the products I have used is up in the top tier of their range of products. If it where priced as in the UK I would have used many more products. The waxes and Enigma line is around what we get it for though.

Man I always get to write a lot LOL. Maybe it would been enough with yes go with the Enigma Wax on top of Ti-22 LOL.
    So sorry, I accidentally disliked. It was an awesome post, continue writing as much as you want.

I will surely go with the Enigma tonight since this car is my new baby and I want to have no regrets during the first full detail. I will likely leave half the back roof just TI-22 for learning/observing.

Youve peaked my interest with sandwiching an old favorite to see what happens. Maybe I’ll try this on another panel or half the front roof. I just got PBL Reserve Wax in the Mail but obviously never tried it. Souveran, BlackIce or Fusion in the sandwich would be cool too. Even considering a panel of Synergy, one of Dodo Nano, one of EcoCoat Wax.

or I may just keep it simple and make the whole body Enigma she nice it’s a recommended combo and only fit miscellaneous options on the roof.

I will post status once it’s done and should be getting pics tomorrow, then a summary thread, even though I didn’t take many before pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I know I’m talking to myself and Tony here, but maybe someday a future TI-22/Enigma user will find this thread useful.

I didn’t have time to Enigma the bimmer tonight, but I did split up the roof with some things that I can observe for the next few months. Going clockwise from front driver side:
    -Enigma Wax,
    -IGL EcoCoat Wax (it’s a cleaner wax but I applied gently and I think TI-22 can handle it),
    -PBL Synergy (not sure if it will bond on TI-22),
    -Souveran Paste (not topped)
    -Souveran Paste (topped with one coat of TI-22),
    -Control panel (2 coats of TI-22),
    -Enigma on back drivers side.

I`ll try to show a pic or two once I figure out what I need to do for Autopia to let me upload
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I know I’m talking to myself and Tony here, but maybe someday a future TI-22/Enigma user will find this thread useful.

I didn’t have time to Enigma the bimmer tonight, but I did split up the roof with some things that I can observe for the next few months. Going clockwise from front driver side:
    -Enigma Wax,
    -IGL EcoCoat Wax (it’s a cleaner wax but I applied gently and I think TI-22 can handle it),
    -PBL Synergy (not sure if it will bond on TI-22),
    -Souveran Paste (not topped)
    -Souveran Paste (topped with one coat of TI-22),
    -Control panel (2 coats of TI-22),
    -Enigma on back drivers side.

I`ll try to show a pic or two once I figure out what I need to do for Autopia to let me upload
    Awesome!

And will be very interesting to hear about your experience with Ti-22. It can be a little game changer if it works like claimed. If it would actually make an improvement on the longevity of waxes when you top it up with Ti-22. And also if you get the same looks from the waxes you apply it over. That I can see many could find to be a benefit to get from especially car show waxes.

On Autopia it`s either Tapatalk or the PC where I upload pictures from. I need to be useing an app called Resize Me to get a smaller size picture and then upload it through Tapatalk. The AGO forum I can upload pictures after the Resize Me through Firefox and up to the Gallery. That don`t work on Autopia forum for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information