Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help me pick a coating

Lots of good info in here already I’ve used both Exo and csl I have also used CQUK. I prefer cquartz uk better beading, better gloss, better price. Csl is easier than Exo and I’m to apply. Exo and cquk are at the Same in ease of application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    First, find a customer that wants a coating, then buy the products on Amazon with Prime. There is no sense with buying coatings in hopes that you will find a customer that wants a coating, find the customer first.
    This is solid advice, but it would be bad business to up-sell a customer to get a coating and not have the coating available. I don`t plan to stock a whole shelf of them, probably just 2 kits a time. If someone schedules a coating a week or 2 in advance I can just order one to replace what I`ll use. Your Amazon idea`s a good one, but at least in my area. The only coating I could get the next day is Migliore Strata Coating. Which I know nothing about, it might be killer, but I`ve never heard it mentioned on here or AG, and the only YT videos I see on it are from the company or one of those stupid Ezvid WIKI. CSL or UK 3.0 are 4+ days out even with Prime. And I think one of the keys to a good up sell, is don`t up sell something you can`t offer on the spot. Of course when I get popular and my calendar becomes booked I won`t be able to offer a coating up-sell on the spot. But that`s a whole other problem, one I hope to have in the near future Just a wild guess as I haven`t done any research, but I`m figuring maybe 5% of the people will get coatings from me. If I`m wrong and it ends up taking off, I can just stock more.

And once again, thanks to everyone who replied. I`ve decided to offer CSL, EXO & UK 3.0, probably not Gliss though. I read so much good stuff about CQuartz and it seems like one of the best 1 coating options. Even if my 5% theories right, if I get busy busy that could still be a nice chunk of change at the end of the year. I was looking at other detailers in Orange County, seeing $650 for a coating I`ve never heard of (Supreme Detail Supply Standard) and $400-700 for "2+ year coatings" with no brand mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

So on Gtechniq`s site for EXO v4 it says 30ml`s enough for a mid sized and 50`s needed for a larger vehicle. I`m assuming that`s 2 coatings? Also they say CSL application needs ambient conditions of above 3 degrees C and below 25 C. I could have sworn I read up to 40 C, but apparently I had it mixed up with UK 3.0. I went to a BAD California public school, so excuse my asking this. If it`s 110 outside, but the cars under a canopy and the paint isn`t hot. Wouldn`t it still be too hot for CSL since the surrounding air will still be blazing? Maybe it`s just the way the Gtechniq words it, but it`s slightly confusing me. I know I learned in school that air temp in and out of the shade will be the same regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used CSL in temps from the 30`s to th3 90`s but no triple digit temps with it basically acting the same each time. The EXO is the one that seems to have the greatest change with temps with wait time for flash from under 1 minute tom over 2 (V3). I have only done one with V4 and it seems to a longer flash time and is less grabby than V3.
    For me CSL is the easiest coating to apply and looks good but like was said the self cleaning aspect lacks a little compared to others and it seem to me EXO v4 is a slight downgrade from V3 in that respect.

Post Thanks / Like

When I applied UK 3.0 + GlissV2 I used a single application of each.

Wonder what the purpose of two coats of UK 3.0 is as I had full coverage and No missed spots with one coat of each.

Unless you have a Darker Cave type of garage there should be enough light to see your coverage when applying.

IMO the extra coat of 3.0 is a waste especially because I`ve already covered it with GlissV2 as an extra sacrificial layer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information