Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea?

Adam`s use to offer this ages ago, I can`t find any company that makes car care stuff that does anymore. I`m about to order 4 things in gallon sizes. I`d like to have a normal bottle the product comes in. When I`d buy a Gallon from Adam`s they use to offer like a $2 add-on to get a matching empty bottle. For what I want to order this week, I`ll have to buy 4 of the 500ml size products to have the bottles. Which to me really sucks. Would be nice if companies offered to sell you an empty bottle with gallon sizes imho. Am I the only one who think`s this? I`m guessing Adam`s doesn`t anymore because nobody was biting, which I guess means I`m probably one of the only ones who cares. If I wasn`t so OCD I could just use any old empty bottle lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: am I the only one who wants this?

It`s probably just to get people to buy the 16 ounce bottle too. I noticed several companies, most recently McKees would do a buy a gallon get a 16 ounce free for things. Meguiars does it for their detailer series and I believe 3D offers empty labled bottles as well. I get all the matching bottles I can when I can, usually because I end up with 5 APC bottles with dilution ratios on them but no mention of the brand, and it`s my own laziness but it annoys me.

Post Thanks / Like

For the pro guys it’s an OSHA reg that secondary bottles be labeled correctly, a major fine per bottle if they visit you. I really think these companies should offer secondary bottles, instead of considering the gallons refills.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use all Meguiars 35 ounce bottles and be done with it..
    Go a long way before having to refill it too..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I just use all Meguiars 35 ounce bottles and be done with it..
    Go a long way before having to refill it too..
    Dan F
    Yup, this works, but 1. I don`t own any Meguiars 35 oz bottles, 2. that size won`t fit in my bag. And 3. The OCD in me would lose it if I knew a GTechniq product was in a Meguiars bottle. Well, as someone mentiooned they do it to get us to buy 16 oz ones too (more $$$ spent) Kudos to GTechniq cos I`m about to order 4 gallons + 4 500ml that I don`t want to order *sigh*

That does it, after this purchase I`m going to boycott every company until this changes. Hummmm, I guess I won`t be buying detailing products any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Yup, this works, but 1. I don`t own any Meguiars 35 oz bottles, 2. that size won`t fit in my bag. And 3. The OCD in me would lose it if I knew a GTechniq product was in a Meguiars bottle. Well, as someone mentiooned they do it to get us to buy 16 oz ones too (more $$$ spent) Kudos to GTechniq cos I`m about to order 4 gallons + 4 500ml that I don`t want to order *sigh*

That does it, after this purchase I`m going to boycott every company until this changes. Hummmm, I guess I won`t be buying detailing products any more.
    Buy kwazars, get a label machine. Kwazars only make spray bottles so your ocd should handle. Can even get different colors for different products. Bottles are so much better than the ones manufacturer s use to load up their 16oz’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Buy kwazars, get a label machine. Kwazars only make spray bottles so your ocd should handle. Can even get different colors for different products. Bottles are so much better than the ones manufacturer s use to load up their 16oz’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny you mention this, I just made a thread about Kwazar bottles a few days ago. I own a few and love them. I asked about the 500ml size as I only have the 1l ones. The 500`s are too big to fit in my detailing bag.

Hummm.... I suppose I could use that as an excuse to go and find a new detailing bag to use.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can get myriad spray bottles online, surely ones that fit in your bag. As noted, you can get a label maker, or there are "laminated" labels, that have a white writing surface that is then covered by a clear adhesive "lamination" that protects the writing.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy 16oz bottles off of Amazon (sold as Chemical Guys - although unlabeled) with their chemical resistant sprayers....I think 3 of them might be about 12.00.....then just put labels on them.....sprayers are pretty good and have lasted for around 2 years for me

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some Kwazars expecting to really like `em but found, to my utter astonishment, that the trigger sprayers are very uncomfortable for me, always pinching my hands/fingers. Guess all those decades of using other sprayers spoiled me, having to carefully, deliberately, squeeze the trigger *JUST SO* every [freakin`] time is a huge PIA. Figured I`d acclimate, but it`s been a while now and they still bug me. Just a heads-up so somebody on the fence doesn`t buy a skad of `em only to be as disappointed as I am.

quebert- You might try contacting Adams and see if they`ll help you out.

I once contacted Griot`s for some empty bottles and while the customer service rep seemed surprised, I was able to buy what I wanted for a minimal cost.

And of course, US Plastics comes to mind...

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Here examples of Meguiars bottles, some have specific labels, some you can make your own..

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/megu...l#.XS9EaPKpH3g

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/megu...l#.XS9Ha_KpH3g

And one for Kwazar -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/kwaz...l#.XS9HufKpH3g

Dan F
    Likes Liz@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would very much like to see empty--but labeled--spray bottles for sale.
    I wanted to buy a gallon bottle of P&S Brake Buster, but I didn`t specifically because I didn`t want to put the fluid into a random bottle and didn`t want to buy a 16 oz bottle. I would have pulled the trigger if there was an empty bottle for sale for a few dollars, or so. I wonder why they don`t do this when I see my mix of unlabeled bottles, which is fairly annoying. Often, I find myself dumping product because I did not label a bottle, and couldn`t remember what was in the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the sprayers and bottles I liked and made my own labels.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What software do you use to import pictures with? And, when you go to print, is the print automatically lined-up where you want it, or does it require trial & error?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_1 View Post
    I just bought the sprayers and bottles I liked and made my own labels.

Damn, those are some nice looking spray heads, care to divulge the brand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information