Post Thanks / Like

anything better than Mothers Back-to-Black Tire Renew for WOWO.

I do the eco thing, and while I keep a gallon contractor sprayer and a few gallon jugs of water. But if I can I use products that work good but don`t require any sort of rinsing. Years ago I use to use Mothers and for a wipe on wipe off it worked close to as good as Tuff Shine for me. I know Eco Touch makes one that`s waterless too, but I can`t find any reviews of it. And it`s a wheel cleaner that also cleans tires. I`m usually wary about products that do both. Wheels & Tires are the most difficult part of detailing without a pressure washer or hose. As much as I love the Mothers product, I hate that you can`t buy it in gallon sizes. Another thing I always shoot for is being able to buy in a gallon size so I`m not adding a ton of plastic bottles into the environment. Especially for a product like a tire cleaner where you use so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anything better than Mothers Back-to-Black Tire Renew for WOWO.

I`m a big fan of the Mother`s product. Tried Griot`s new aerosol rinses for tires and it worked ok but not as good as Mother`s
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for replying, when I used it the 1st time I was shocked how well it worked without even having to agitate with no rinsing. And if I use my Tuff Shine tire brush it was basically the best tire cleaner I`ve tried, and no water needed. I live in So Cal, which is drought central so I try to be mindful of water whenever I can. But if I`m detailing for a job I`d be going thru probably 4-5 bottles a week. I suppose using product I rinse off with a pump spray would be more eco friendly that filling the landfill with plastics. I`ve been out of the detailing loop for a few years. Is Tuff Shine still tops?

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to check out this thread top I started on matte-finish tire gels for show cars:
    Suggestions for Matte-Finish Tire Shine Products for Show Vehicles

I ended up buying and using Optimum Polymer Technology`s Opti-Bond Tire Gel.
    Also a fellow Autopian sent me a sample of McKee`s 37 Tire Gel, which is very good as well, a little more matte than O-BTG, but does not last as long.
    I end up applying tire gel anyway after two car washes, as I like the look of a clean, black, natural matte-rubber tire. I disdain tires that look wet and are shinier/glossier than the paint!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    You may want to check out this thread top I started on matte-finish tire gels for show cars:
    Suggestions for Matte-Finish Tire Shine Products for Show Vehicles

I ended up buying and using Optimum Polymer Technology`s Opti-Bond Tire Gel.
    Also a fellow Autopian sent me a sample of McKee`s 37 Tire Gel, which is very good as well, a little more matte than O-BTG, but does not last as long.
    I end up applying tire gel anyway after two car washes, as I like the look of a clean, black, natural matte-rubber tire
    . I disdain tires that look wet and are shinier/glossier than the paint!
    LOL! What dilution do you like to use the Optibond? I just bought a bottle of it and have never used it before, and would like to try it next wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    thanks for replying, when I used it the 1st time I was shocked how well it worked without even having to agitate with no rinsing. And if I use my Tuff Shine tire brush it was basically the best tire cleaner I`ve tried, and no water needed. I live in So Cal, which is drought central so I try to be mindful of water whenever I can. But if I`m detailing for a job I`d be going thru probably 4-5 bottles a week. I suppose using product I rinse off with a pump spray would be more eco friendly that filling the landfill with plastics. I`ve been out of the detailing loop for a few years. Is Tuff Shine still tops?
    Tuf Shine tire cleaner is still a great tire cleaner. I recall Joe made a post when he was working out of the McKee`s 37 garage a couple years ago using the McKee`s tire rejuvenator as part of a rinseless wash process. Optimum Power Clean is another option as I have seen a few folks use it in the same manner.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Megs D101 straight - tire brown be gone

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used it myself but thinking something like McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash in waterless wash dilution. Could be doing a good job on tires that are maintained. And when you need to be going stronger you could use the Mothers one. If you going for the least water use.

I don`t know how it would work if you are mobile detailing. But think Harbor Freight has a kind of paintgun system that you can use water instead. And it gets like a middle thing to a hose and a PW. If you go with a smaller specs PW on the gpm and high psi. You use way less water than a hose setup. Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube use the HF paintgun and think that Dallas Paint Correction also have a review of it. And how about something like the Worx Hydroshot or Ryobi cordless PW. Thinking the last ones could have lower gpm than the smaller specs PW. Just some options but the cordless options with the Ryobi I would take a closer look at. Also if you useing something like this. You could make a sign of some sort to compare with how much less water you use with your setup than you would with a hose and a gas PW for an example. As some will sure be looking and asking about your setup LOL.

Thread Information