Post Thanks / Like

Question for EVERYONE

Hello everyone,

Sometime ago, well many moons ago, I bought the $6 gallon of purple Fabuloso (regular strength), mainly due to searching for a glass cleaner at Home Depot. I stumbled upon this purple container that had printed "Makes 64 Gallons of Cleaner", the bottle was 128oz. I said why not buy a gallon and see what it can do. Needless to say, 2oz Fabuloso and 2oz Blue Coral Soap, with rest of foam gun filled w/ water, make a pretty decent no touch prewash for well maintained vehicles. I am continuing to experiment with the product as a no touch prewash (Fabuloso isn`t very slick). Colgate/Home Depot state that the product is:

Safe for "Concrete,Fabric,Fiberglass,Glass,Laminate,Metal,Me tal,Rubber,Stone,Tile,Vinyl"
    Features:
    No-Rinse,Non-Corrosive,Non-Toxic,Streak Free

Have any of you guys thought about or have used Fabuloso in your detailing endeavors?

My next test will be for a no touch wash in between the rain storms that we have been having, almost weekly. It will rain, I will wash the car, and then rain before the next scheduled touch wash. It`s annoying as the rain has been rather dirty, and I do not want water spots. As I am actually headed back to University to finish my Physics degree, I am looking for `Detailing on a Budget` products that actually work well. My next test will be concentrate 2oz Fabuloso, 2oz Blue Coral, 2oz N-914, 1oz D-156 in the foam canon, will post updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for EVERYONE

If you are using a foam cannon/gun to clean your vehicle, why not just use a car/vehicle soap designed for a foam cannon/gun, like McKee`s37 Xtreme Foam or Wax Shop Cherry Snow Foam Car Wash, or Meguiar`s Detailer Line D110 Hyper Wash??
    Granted your idea is "detailing on a budget" and buying gallon sizes of the above car wash soap products is not "cheap", they are effective without having to mix this-or-that together.
    One other product you could try in place of the Fabuloso is Turtle Wax Max Wash Soap. I think it will give you the cleaning results you want and you can buy it for about $5 at Walmart, it you want a budget product.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

TheMeanGreen- I`m resisting the temptation to think/post something like "better to just use Detailing Products for Detailing jobs" because calling some product "Carwash Shampoo" doesn`t really mean anything IMO. If it works fine without any issues, then OK, I wouldn`t care what it`s called.

But I can`t help but wonder about things like its Ph and what it might do to LSPs/etc.

I`m a little surprised that a well-maintained vehicle needs that degree of PREwashing. By the time I finish PreRinsing mine with the pressure washer, most non-Autopians would say they`re "clean" even though I haven`t even started the wash proper.

Post Thanks / Like

Fabuloso is pH neutral and Colagate says that it is safe to leave on surfaces. This mix is I’m playing with is basically for pollen removal between washes.

My normal regimen consists of Honey Dew Snow Foam or Purple Power Boat & RV, depending on how dirty the car is.

Post Thanks / Like

TheMeanGreen- Ah, OK...sounds like it might be just right for what you`re doing if a plain-water rinse isn`t enough.

I gather it seems LSP-friendly (or at least friendly enough).

Post Thanks / Like

Fabuloso is a product I used in Honduras for floors. It has a strong lavender smell. They make one that smells like flowers. I always thought of it as Latino Pine-Sol. Don’t believe I’ll be using it on my vehicles anytime soon.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Thread Information