Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Would this be a similar product and scenario than Kamikaze Infinity Wax?
    And Angelwax Enigma? Serious question, haven’t used either. Are they essentially like PBL Synergy/Dodo Nano/IGL EcoWax (I know, EcoWax is a cleaner wax)?? Or are they “must” use with other products (TI-22/Enigma QED with Enigma Wax for instance) and not meant for standalone use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Just recd new jar of Kami Infinity Wax last week, still not sure why at the moment. Not sure if I wanna put it over Zipang, know that I don`t wanna put it on top of the STEK PPF + Kami Film Surface Coat and my daily is done with the SPS Graphene which I wanna leave unmolested to see how that works out.

Guess I didnt quite think that purchase all the way through...big surprise.
    Budget, to your knowledge, does Infinity Wax have an expiration timeframe, or it’s OK to hang on to for a significant amount of time (years)? I would guess that the hardened waxes don’t spoil and obviously don’t harden like liquid SiO2 coatings/sprays.

Your thoughts/experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Budget, to your knowledge, does Infinity Wax have an expiration timeframe, or it’s OK to hang on to for a significant amount of time (years)? I would guess that the hardened waxes don’t spoil and obviously don’t harden like liquid SiO2 coatings/sprays.

Your thoughts/experiences?
    I`ve used it over a year later with no issues. Its more of a creamy substance that ya mix up a bit, apply to pad and wax as usual. Not hard like paste wax in a tin.

I`d guess it`s like some other ceramic waxes, like 53% glass coating, 47% carnauba wax if the marketing description is accurate. Silly small jar for the price but I get 4 to 5 applications outta it.
    Likes bob m liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it over a year later with no issues. Its more of a creamy substance that ya mix up a bit, apply to pad and wax as usual. Not hard like paste wax in a tin.

I`d guess it`s like some other ceramic waxes, like 53% glass coating, 47% carnauba wax if the marketing description is accurate. Silly small jar for the price but I get 4 to 5 applications outta it.
    Thanks. I just got the 30ml size Enigma to try. It seems to be in-between your description of Infinity Wax and something like Synergy (dry, hard)... it’s a paste but is wet/greasy on the top layer, sort of like a Burt’s Bees tin that’s left in a hot car.

I couldn’t find how long these ceramic waxes stay good for but my guess is that the dry ones like Synergy and Nano stay good for many years (or ever) since there’s no additional hardening going on and they seem to be heat activated to get them waxy enough to apply.

These are all assumptions though, it’s hard to find true shelf life info on waxes. I have so much crap that O often wonder these things because it will take 20-30+ years before I get deep into some of these products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Thanks. I just got the 30ml size Enigma to try. It seems to be in-between your description of Infinity Wax and something like Synergy (dry, hard)... it’s a paste but is wet/greasy on the top layer, sort of like a Burt’s Bees tin that’s left in a hot car.

I couldn’t find how long these ceramic waxes stay good for but my guess is that the dry ones like Synergy and Nano stay good for many years (or ever) since there’s no additional hardening going on and they seem to be heat activated to get them waxy enough to apply.

These are all assumptions though, it’s hard to find true shelf life info on waxes. I have so much crap that O often wonder these things because it will take 20-30+ years before I get deep into some of these products.
    Hard to say what the real value is, seems to give surface a slightly visible change of appearance and feel. I do it mostly for fun cuz sometimes it`s just enjoyable to wax a car and I know it wont hurt the coatings beneath it.

Figure it`s kinda like using a foam cannon in that it`s of questionable benefit but 1) It wont hurt anything and 2) Its just plain fun.

It does have some nice beading and water behavior though...Video: Infinity Wax

Utilizing 53.7% high grade Carnauba Wax, and 39.2% Japanese glass coating, INFINITY WAX combines the best of both worlds...the amazing gloss of wax, with the durability of glass coating. Whereas most waxes will only last a month or two, INFINITY WAX is designed to last upwards of over a year! For maintenance of INFINITY WAX, it is recommended to use OVERCOAT by KAMIKAZE.
    INFINITY WAX deepens and enhances the colors of your car, and will look great on everything from bright white to pure black.
    For the ultimate in paint protection, use INFINITY WAX on top of one of the other KAMIKAZE coatings (MIYABI COAT, ISM COAT). The looks are absolutely amazing, and the protection is unmatched.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say what the real value is, seems to give surface a slightly visible change of appearance and feel. I do it mostly for fun cuz sometimes it`s just enjoyable to wax a car and I know it wont hurt the coatings beneath it.
    Yeah, I’m in the same boat, I do this because I enjoy the activity and checking out the results, observing over time.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the Angelwax Enigma wax it`s their base protection in the Enigma line. They released the Enigma AIO afterwards and this you can apply Enigma wax over it. The real world longevity is between 3-6 months what I have seen in the domestic forums. The Angelwax Enigma QED I get 3-4 months on it`s own and the Enigma car soap 2-4 weeks. Really like the warmer glow from these products. The next AIO I get will be the Enigma AIO. And the synergy and longevity with Enigma AIO and topped with any of the other products will give you a long longevity from them when used together.

As for the PA High Gloss paste wax I think that it`s mostly for the wax addict people LOL. Little strange they recommend you to apply the High Gloss Spritz monthly. As they claim up to 7 months longevity from it on it`s own. But there is a hint of how long it perform high and start to degrade in the behavior after a month and is what you would do to haveing it`s performance at highest level. Maybe the High Gloss paste wax is like more of a show car wax with the high solid contents in it. Think that you would be fine with the High Gloss Spritz if you don`t absolutely find the waxing part enjoying to be doing with a paste wax.

Somewhere in the description of the Cosmic v2 coating it has been overlooked the need of Invicible Primer Polish and Spritz. To reach full hardness and longevity from it. Also if you want the longest longevity from it the need of 2 or more layers. On it`s own Cosmic v2 is more like a sealant on steriods. But applyied right and you will get a performance as a consumer coating IMO. It`s like with Carpro CQUK and the ones that apply one layer of it. Don`t expect it to hold up for 2 years that way. Carpro recommends you clearly to use at least 2 layers of CQUK to get the claimed longevity from it. So as with the Cosmic v2 coating it`s needed to be preped with either the Invicible Primer Polish or Invicible Primer Spritz and 2 layers to get you up to 18 months longevity from it. With 2 layers more you get around 24 months longevity from it. Interesting that they have ad the bonding properties to Invicible Primer to get the Cosmic Spritz as a coating lite product in the longevity range from it.

As for the color matching and how I have got from it. Is they use dyed carnuaba flakes and the resin to bring out the most of your paints colour. It`s also not always the exact colour of your paint they use in it. And it`s also not so heavy with these colour so it gets like the colour waxes that has been out before. It`s also very simualar to what is used as in the base coat layer of the bc paints to get the color you have in that. So they use what they think that gets your paint color to look it`s best. It`s like you go into the paintshop and gets the paint blended together to the color you want. How much it`s doing for your paint is always the question. IMO it`s that little little extra that you can only see when you apply different LSP on the same vehical and notice the difference between them. Some just think it looks the same with whatever LSP they use. And some can notice the slightest change they get from different LSP on their paints. The later can have a benefit to try a color matched LSP from PA worth it. So it`s much more for your self and the looks from your view you benefit from it. It`s not so you get a comment on hey he uses that color matching PA product when someone else looking on your car. Just to mention it`s way to much for me personally. But if I would have a garage queen or show car of high value or high value for me and the budget to grasp the extra cost of a color matched Cosmic Spritz I would have tested it.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Somewhere in the description of the Cosmic v2 coating it has been overlooked the need of Invicible Primer Polish and Spritz. To reach full hardness and longevity from it. Also if you want the longest longevity from it the need of 2 or more layers. On it`s own Cosmic v2 is more like a sealant on steriods. But applyied right and you will get a performance as a consumer coating IMO. It`s like with Carpro CQUK and the ones that apply one layer of it. Don`t expect it to hold up for 2 years that way.
    Why do you say "don`t expect it to hold up for 2 years??
    I take it you making a definitive statement like that-- you have actually used this product and that is the basis for that claim?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    Why do you say "don`t expect it to hold up for 2 years??
    I take it you making a definitive statement like that-- you have actually used this product and that is the basis for that claim?
    As in the claims of 18-24 months on most sites except Carpro US which has above 24 months. And the recommendation from Carpro is minimum of 2 coats and max 3. So with only 1 layer I would not expect more than up to 24 months. And this is of cause generally speaking. As much has impact on the longevity of a coating. Environment and maintance and the use of toppers etc. And also the coatings degrades during it`s lifetime. So it`s much personal preferences when to call it done and redone is in place. You maintain it with toppers to stretchit a little longer. But to have a great performance from it I don`t think it`s fair to expect over 2 years from 1 one layer. And additionall layers is just not to ad from the 1 layer stand alone. But more in the range of 6 months or so extra. On some parts you can have great performance and at the same time it`s almost totaly failed on other parts. This is also depending on the environment you live in which parts fails first. A sunny and warm climate you have the horisontall surfaces to fail first. While in winter climate you have the lower vertical panels to fail first. And it`s not like when you reach the 18 months mark it just falls off and stop working.

Have not used it myself. Gather information about it on mostly domestic forums. Where it`s useally is mentioned when they re-applying the coatings. And with what they have experienced it`s hard to have a high performance from 1 layer over 2 years. But is mostly the case to reach over it with 2 layers of CQUK albiet the version before 3.0. Also the use of Essence is a bonus to the longevity of it. So it`s just to set the expectations a little reasonable. Some may get over 2 years from it with 1 layer and a great maintance on it.

Generally it`s difference between the EU or domestic to US of the descriptions of products quite often from what I have seen. Take Meguiars Fast Finish for an example where they claim 12 months longevity from it on the bottle. And what I have heard from the users it`s not near that claim. Or maybe the MFF is stronger here but I doubt that. You see from the maintance recommendation of the High Gloss paste wax. That they recommend you to top it up with the High Gloss spray every month. And at the same time they claim a longevity from it as a stand alone LSP of up to 7 months. As we all know most of us on these kind of forums calls a LSP done faster than the claims are. Cause of the degraded performance from them that`s comes sooner than the manufactures claimed longevity from it. I don`t think that the claims of the longevity is based on until it`s starts to degrade. But more in when it`s worn off. I have Sonax Spray and Seal on one car going for 6 months now that I still saw it was there and on some parts done and on the side windows it was like newly applyied. But I would have re-applying it around 3 months and then it still had degraded performance. To have it perform high I would have re-applying at 2 months. So where are the claims from the manufactures claimed performance wise.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    As in the claims of 18-24 months on most sites except Carpro US which has above 24 months. And the recommendation from Carpro is minimum of 2 coats and max 3. So with only 1 layer I would not expect more than up to 24 months. And this is of cause generally speaking. As much has impact on the longevity of a coating. Environment and maintance and the use of toppers etc. And also the coatings degrades during it`s lifetime. So it`s much personal preferences when to call it done and redone is in place. You maintain it with toppers to stretchit a little longer. But to have a great performance from it I don`t think it`s fair to expect over 2 years from 1 one layer. And additionall layers is just not to ad from the 1 layer stand alone. But more in the range of 6 months or so extra. On some parts you can have great performance and at the same time it`s almost totaly failed on other parts. This is also depending on the environment you live in which parts fails first. A sunny and warm climate you have the horisontall surfaces to fail first. While in winter climate you have the lower vertical panels to fail first. And it`s not like when you reach the 18 months mark it just falls off and stop working.

Have not used it myself. Gather information about it on mostly domestic forums. Where it`s useally is mentioned when they re-applying the coatings. And with what they have experienced it`s hard to have a high performance from 1 layer over 2 years. But is mostly the case to reach over it with 2 layers of CQUK albiet the version before 3.0. Also the use of Essence is a bonus to the longevity of it. So it`s just to set the expectations a little reasonable. Some may get over 2 years from it with 1 layer and a great maintance on it.

Generally it`s difference between the EU or domestic to US of the descriptions of products quite often from what I have seen. Take Meguiars Fast Finish for an example where they claim 12 months longevity from it on the bottle. And what I have heard from the users it`s not near that claim. Or maybe the MFF is stronger here but I doubt that. You see from the maintance recommendation of the High Gloss paste wax. That they recommend you to top it up with the High Gloss spray every month. And at the same time they claim a longevity from it as a stand alone LSP of up to 7 months. As we all know most of us on these kind of forums calls a LSP done faster than the claims are. Cause of the degraded performance from them that`s comes sooner than the manufactures claimed longevity from it. I don`t think that the claims of the longevity is based on until it`s starts to degrade. But more in when it`s worn off. I have Sonax Spray and Seal on one car going for 6 months now that I still saw it was there and on some parts done and on the side windows it was like newly applyied. But I would have re-applying it around 3 months and then it still had degraded performance. To have it perform high I would have re-applying at 2 months. So where are the claims from the manufactures claimed performance wise.
    Here is my first hand user experience with the PA Cosmic V2. I applied it to my wifes Red 2017 Roush Mustang last summer. This car is a daily driver. She parks it out in the parking lot where she works, in the FULL SUN ( zero shade ) in a HORRIBLE environment. This car is parked @ a coal fired electric generation station, ON the gulf of mexico. This environment has at a minimum these harsh contaminants-- fine coal dust, rail dust, brake dust from the ton of vehicles in and out of the facility constantly. salt spray on occasion, and cooling tower drift, not to mention all the fine metal particles around the entire 4700 acre facility, and full sun.

Now I will say it is parked in the garage every night. So I applied the Cosmic as recommended, did the full wash and clay then polish first with my preferred items. I applied the invincible primer first, then the first coat of the cosmic V2 by machine polisher, applied the second coat AS RECOMMENDED by hand, then finished off with the spritz---did all this work with the recommended wait time in between. As per the label kept it out of the sun / elements for the recommended wait times also ( all the work done inside my garage)

Its been one year this month. This car NORMALLY gets washed about once every 3 to 4 weeks unless it get looking bad from getting caught in a rainy dirty .environment. Now I am being 100% TOTALLY honest with everything here. and I can tell you this car beads like I just got done applying it, and that`s a no shytter.
    I wash the car and my wife rinses and she is constantly amazed on how it beads up-- and she is not a real car enthusiast. I wash the car with my choice of soap , blow it off and she finishes it of with Kenoteck show room shine, and thats all. The car is not as slick to the touch prior to the KSRS application as it was when I first coated it, but still kinda smooth

Needless to say , I am sold on the Cosmic V2. I am sticking with it and its going to take a literal break thru in some technology to get me to change. I bought the Big $$ Viking shield for my truck & it isn`t even half as good as the Cosmic V2. Lastly i will add that what they say about a little going a long way is true. I am typically a self proclaimed "excessive overuser" of 99% of the products I use, not this stuff, I bought the 100ML bottle and it doesnt seem like much of any was used out of it- still seems pretty full.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my first hand user experience with the PA Cosmic V2. I applied it to my wifes Red 2017 Roush Mustang last summer. This car is a daily driver. She parks it out in the parking lot where she works, in the FULL SUN ( zero shade ) in a HORRIBLE environment. This car is parked @ a coal fired electric generation station, ON the gulf of mexico. This environment has at a minimum these harsh contaminants-- fine coal dust, rail dust, brake dust from the ton of vehicles in and out of the facility constantly. salt spray on occasion, and cooling tower drift, not to mention all the fine metal particles around the entire 4700 acre facility, and full sun.

Now I will say it is parked in the garage every night. So I applied the Cosmic as recommended, did the full wash and clay then polish first with my preferred items. I applied the invincible primer first, then the first coat of the cosmic V2 by machine polisher, applied the second coat AS RECOMMENDED by hand, then finished off with the spritz---did all this work with the recommended wait time in between. As per the label kept it out of the sun / elements for the recommended wait times also ( all the work done inside my garage)

Its been one year this month. This car NORMALLY gets washed about once every 3 to 4 weeks unless it get looking bad from getting caught in a rainy dirty .environment. Now I am being 100% TOTALLY honest with everything here. and I can tell you this car beads like I just got done applying it, and that`s a no shytter.
    I wash the car and my wife rinses and she is constantly amazed on how it beads up-- and she is not a real car enthusiast. I wash the car with my choice of soap , blow it off and she finishes it of with Kenoteck show room shine, and thats all. The car is not as slick to the touch prior to the KSRS application as it was when I first coated it, but still kinda smooth

Needless to say , I am sold on the Cosmic V2. I am sticking with it and its going to take a literal break thru in some technology to get me to change. I bought the Big $$ Viking shield for my truck & it isn`t even half as good as the Cosmic V2. Lastly i will add that what they say about a little going a long way is true. I am typically a self proclaimed "excessive overuser" of 99% of the products I use, not this stuff, I bought the 100ML bottle and it doesnt seem like much of any was used out of it- still seems pretty full.
    Awesome and as it should be. With only 1 layer and no prep with Invicible Primer you would have seen a degrade that was very much noticeble IMO. But with used as recommended you see what you have experienced a more coating like behavior. So you used it as recommended and gets what expected from it. Pretty impresive in your kind of harsh environment. Have you done an iron remover during this time? I think that you would get some of the slickness back if doing this. Cause of the environment you live in that is.

After the 3-4 weeks between washes is the Kenotek worn off you think? Or is it possible that you have build up a sacrificial layer over the Cosmic v2 coating? Have you tried useing the Cosmic Spritz instead of the Kenotek as a post wash refresh? But if you are very satisfied with the Kenotek just keep useing it as it`s works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

No on the iron / fallout remover. We washed the car 2 weeks ago and used the spritz for the first time since the application of the Cosmic V2, mainly just to see if there was going to be a noticeable difference ( time will tell on that ) but i will say that i am impressed with the showroom shine product, I really believe it has some pretty good lasting power, I am not moving off of that product either-- that is going to be the combo on that car for the foreseeable future -- my truck I will use as a ginny pig with new stuff
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it normal for Esoteric to be the only site carrying PA High Gloss Paste? I’m surprised PA isn’t selling their own thing. I recall seeing PA Esoteric carnauba Wax on the PA Site, but never seen Esoteric being the exclusive provider of a PA product. Anyone know why?

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure there has been a recent change in Polish Angel USA and that probably has something to do with it

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure there has been a recent change in Polish Angel USA and that probably has something to do with it
    Yeah, there has been a change in distributors, new web address, seems to be run by the German HQ folks which also do not have this paste for sale. That is what is odd to me.

FYI, the new PA USA can ship from Germany to your US home in 3-4 business days. They’re awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information