Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW McKess 37 pollen X

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    bofh- That`s a *lot* of pollen all right, but won`t it just wash off? Or even rinse off in a hard rain?
    I`m sure it will. I don`t remember it ever being this bad.

Post Thanks / Like

bofh- Oh good, glad to hear that! I worried that it was some "can`t get it off!"-type problem that you were hoping the Pollen X would solve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    bofh- Oh good, glad to hear that! I worried that it was some "can`t get it off!"-type problem that you were hoping the Pollen X would solve.

I`m guessing it`s not so much the `washing off` part of Pollen-X that is attractive. If it can actually `repel` pollen after using, that would be the compelling reason to buy it IMHO. I am skeptical, however.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    If it can actually `repel` pollen after using, that would be the compelling reason to buy it IMHO. I am skeptical, however.
    You and me both But hey, I`ve been wrong before!

Maybe it`ll help the pollen blow off. Some LSPs are great/lousy in that regard and maybe the Pollen X will help the lousy ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to give it a try. I live in a part of the country where even a freshly washed car kept in the garage will need to have a quick detail every 2 to 3 days just to clean off the layer of pollen that comes from opening and closing garage doors. I recently put McKees Paint sealant on it so this is going over a ceramic coat. Used it for the first time tonight, fingers crossed
    Likes acuRAS82, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Accumulator, I’ve never seen tons of marring from cleaning pollen (although perhaps I caused some really light swirling). A few years ago when I started RW and WW, I went at the pollen all through April and May, 3-4 times a week, and it was sometimes a very yellow layer. When I polished later that year it’s not like there was a ton more swirls to correct vs now when I let the pollen sit or only bucket wash.

In conclusion, I think what convinced me to only bucket wash or leave it during April/May was the scary microscope pics of pollen. Those pictures put horror in my mind, but as you mentioned, I don’t know that those sticky spikes really do much extra marring compared to normal road or garage dust. They may be soft for all we know.

The above is my experience only. I do not recommend smearing pollen into your paint to test my theory.

Post Thanks / Like

Our pollen season is over, but it was extremely bad this year. Really had me cussing up a storm. I just don’t know how this will react with the LSP you have. I hope it’s nice and glossy. This is one product I would like to see the msds on. It’s got to have some anti-static properties. If it was tested in Florida it should work for me. I think I’ll wait for a few reviews before purchasing though.

Post Thanks / Like

NEW McKess 37 pollen X

I’ve been waiting to wash my truck until the Pollen-X arrived. The pollen was really bad and wouldn`t you know it we had the hottest day in a while. The bottle and web site for Pollen-X don`t say anything about using it in full sun, so I thought I would give it a try.

The product gets really streaky in the heat.

I hit the left side of the car with Adams waterless wash and the right side with Pollen-X. The AWW was much easier to use on hot paint.

I also tried this on a vehicle parked in the shade. The product was a lot easier to deal with.

A few hours pass...

After a couple hours there was pollen accumulated on both the AWW and PX sides.

So... I don`t know what this is for. It`s not as good of a waterless wash as their other products, and for whatever reason I`m not seeing the pollen resistance.
    Likes Desertnate, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^Maybe the new pollen will blow off when you drive?

Post Thanks / Like

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    After a couple hours there was pollen accumulated on both the AWW and PX sides.

So... I don`t know what this is for. It`s not as good of a waterless wash as their other products, and for whatever reason I`m not seeing the pollen resistance.
    Lol. Shocking.

I`d expect a product like this from Chemical Guys. Not McKee`s.
    Likes Coatings=crack, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The smear from using Pollen X in the hot sun even survived a strip wash. Had to hit it with APC and three different towels to buff it away.

I don’t think Pollen X has earned it’s shelf space, sadly. LOVE the rest of the M37 product line though.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Saved me $17.99.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm read the description of the Pollen-X. It`s like a waterless wash for pollen in mind. And the protection left behind is more to prevent the pollen to stick to the paint in as bond. So what I get out of that is that`s you don`t necessary gets less pollen on the paint when your vehical is parked. But it`s not should bond and being easier to blow off when you drive and the sticky pollen ones is easier to rinse off. The first application it`s recommended to apply 2 layers so you get a more stout application of it.

The problem with these kind of specific products is that it`s useally a to high of expectations from them. And that there can already be products that does the same. Also the brands can claim to much from the products and gets your expectations up to high.

Would be interesting to see how it works after a week when it`s time for the useally wash. If you get a lower build up of pollen vs the LSP you have like a 50/50 test. And if the pollen rinses off easier than the other LSP does.

bofh did you take off all of the Pollen-X or just where it smeared and didn`t take of the fingerprints? And did you drive the car and looking for any difference from the pollen build up. Lastly did you apply the recommended 2 layers for the initial application?

Post Thanks / Like

I only did one layer. I did drive it around for a couple days (this truck sees dirt roads daily) and didn`t notice a difference. Applying to hot paint probably negated any benefit I would have seen. On my other car (also one layer) I didn`t drive it but experimented with hitting it with compressed air and couldn`t find a difference either. Obviously I could be more scientific about this (good thing I`m not making YouTube videos) but taking the bubba approach to this just wasn`t effective.
    Likes VitreousHumor, SWETM liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information