Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59w-eKzmgw4

I recently watched the above video and was stunned. Could this be the future of Turtle Wax? Last I used the stuff was 30 years ago, when "Hard Shell" meant "Hard to work with for Meh, results." Have times changed!

Pan the Organizer did a video with a showdown between Meguiar`s Hybrid Ceramic Wax, Mother`s CMX and Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine. I watched figuring I knew what was going to happen, boy, I was WRONG.

Long story short, I went out in the middle of the night after watching the video to my 24 hour Walmart and bought 2 bottles. I`ve since put two coats on my Camaro, which is black and highly polished, not expecting to SEE a real difference, but again, I was wrong.This stuff comes as close to a "Wipe on, Walk Away" product as I have ever tried. Mist a SMALL amount on the paint, buff it in with a clean/dry microfiber (you might need more than one microfiber to do a whole car, I used 2 on the first coat until I learned what "SPARINGLY" meant) and you`re done.

They don`t list any kind of cure time with this hybrid, but still I waited almost 16 hours before the second coat and I was able to go even thinner on the application and it was EASIER (if that`s possible) to apply. The normally exceptional finish on my car now looks like a pool of oil under the moonlight.

In addition to paint, you can use this stuff on glass, plastic and trim and talk about SLICK!!! I can`t wait to see how long it stands up to Mother Nature, but it`s so easy and enjoyable to us, I can see myself using this as a post-wash (not a drying aid), but as a post wash wipe down, just like you would do at a car show.

All this for the bargain BASEMENT price of $6.97 a bottle at Walmart ($12 at other auto parts stores. So far I`ve used the first bottle on 2 cars ... the Camaro twice and a large, black SUV (Honda Pilot) and I still have enough to coat my car twice more.

It`s been raining since I applied it to my car so no pics as of yet, but they will be coming ... my neighbor`s Honda is sitting in the rain now and it`s beading like crazy.

I`m sure by now you already know which of the three I`m talking about, but I still can`t bring myself to say it, I`m still shocked-I have NEVER before run out and bought something after seeing a video demonstration, but this time ....

Watch the above video and see for yourself, then let me know what you think.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes SWETM, jtford95, tom p., Loach, RTexasF and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks RTexasF thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Yeah from the reviews on this Turtle Wax ICE line it seems like they hit a homerun. The chemical resistant from the torture testing the youtubers have done has been incredible to say the least. Seal N Shine has some really great protection as it seems. Also the TW ICE Spray Wax is almost as good.

Apex Detailing has it up against any SiO2 sealant or sealant until it`s gets beatened. Chemical Guys Hydro Recharge SiO2 sealant won with the highest gloss reading. Otherwise TW ICE sealant took the other parts of the testing. Think it was Jimbo that started to test this in his cheap vs expensive series. And just the torture testing it`s a winner in every test with it I have seen. And he has a podcast that he is close to get the guy behind the TW ICE line for an interview. That could be interesting to listen to.

They have released under TW EU here in Sweden too. So I will get a bottle to try out on something. And maybe use on 1 car when the winter months begins.

Will be interesting to hear how long it holds up in the real world use. But it`s a little soon yet. If it goes over 6 months or so. I think that would be very impresive for such a product. For sure Turtle Wax has started something that could be benefit for us consumers. As in I think that the other bigger companys will be trying to do something like this. As in Meguiars and GG and Mothers. It`s a little simualar to when Sonax hit a homerun with BSD. A QD with that kind of longevity from it is amazing. And also the crazy water behavior you get from it. TW ICE Seal N Shine seems to have a great water behavior and also the slickness seems to be liked.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the ice spray wax or the new hybrid? Just confirming? Good news either way.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Is this the ice spray wax or the new hybrid? Just confirming? Good news either way.
    It`s the new hybrid, Seal N Shine, not the Spray Wax.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

But can you use it on your furniture like F11? I’m not much on products that say fill and hide or use on every surface or material. Just me.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    But can you use it on your furniture like F11? I’m not much on products that say fill and hide or use on every surface or material. Just me.
    LOL, as far as I know, it says only exterior car stuff.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

So, $6 per bottle make this product $48 per gallon. Hopefully, the prices will remain constant. The jungle is sold out. Wally`s online wanted $22 for 16 oz.
    Watch, people are going to start getting dumb with greed because of the hype surrounding the product, but the hype is due to performance at a much lower cost. It won`t do much good to raise it`s price; that kind of defeats the purpose, but we will see...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the TW Ice sealant. Seems to be a pretty decent overall product.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the next beadmaker
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Pats300zx, tyusaf, BadgerRivFan, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Me wants... for $7 or less.

Post Thanks / Like

Great test. Can’t believe that the Megs’ and the CMX didn’t hold up that well. Nice products all around tho

Post Thanks / Like

To me all these products should be 7 bucks a bottle. We have been brain washed by these companies. Ever figure out the gallon price of printer ink or ceramic coatings ? Turtle wax in the green can was what I used 30 years ago and looked great and lasted as long as p21s and looked equally as good.

This is what happens when you take a volume mentality company and put it against a boutique industry. TW will either sell a bunch or discontinue the product.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great drying agent. I can’t believe how long my vehicle stays clean. I know Amazon is out of stock but I ordered and had it a week later.

Post Thanks / Like

The ice products have been going strong for years

I just recently tried my first on the Ice spray wax. It’s one of the better products I have used based off of price vs performance. Obviously PNS or a coating is about the best contact angle beading you are going to get, but this is a sealant like beading from a spray bottle.

I have two bottles of the spray n shield I think it’s called that should be here tomorrow ordered them last week or the week before. So looking forward to that but really happy with the ice spray wax

On the filling...it does have Carnauba in the mix! So you get a bit of filling (which isn’t a bad thing on a daily driver IMO).

They allegedly layer with the “smart shield r technology” and I somewhat believe that because it’s held up quite well with a few applications even to my automatic car wash

They even have a snow foam now and a black polish

Seriously guys i know this is a boutique type forum and that’s what the common talk is but the ice line has been strong for years; look at Loach’s testing (waxmode) on YouTube and now the new stuff that forensic and others are testing against good products and it’s holding its own or bettering them

They got lots of R&D money and big factories to make and sell stuff for real prices

Wish they come out with an ice tire shine coating or something along the lines. They made the tire coating before and it was a huge favorite in small groups and the ice tire shine was good maybe a cross between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don, WOW! That`s certainly an eye-opening result! I haven`t purchased a Turtle Wax product for decades.....
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information