Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

New Buzz... Eagle One Wipe and shine. New ones popping every day. Brian gave it some good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    New Buzz... Eagle One Wipe and shine. New ones popping every day. Brian gave it some good reviews.
    Are you going to post this on every internet thread relating to Beadmaker?
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes The Guz, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks bofh thanked for this post
    Dislikes KBsToy disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Are you going to post this on every internet thread relating to Beadmaker?

Just here and AG but AG removed it.
    Brian does good reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Target in ‘Burgh had SNS on sale for $5.99 this past weekend. I think it’s still there.

Post Thanks / Like

So, is this now the new product to have?

I need a new quick detailed drying aid.

Would this be recommended ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Would this be better then a megs quick wax or quick detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I would not advise TW S&S for that, no.

Post Thanks / Like

So megs quick detailer or wax? Also, why not ?

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not a cleaner so to say. Sure it’s wet and could clean but that’s not it’s purpose. More like a spray sealant.

However it will work as a drying aid I have used it this way multiple times. Consider it an off label use.

Meg’s ultimate quick wax is not a cleaner either but will also work well as a drying aid. A very good product indeed.

Megs ultimate quick detailer has cleaning qualities but not as much focused on being a protection/ sealant product

All three great products the TW SNS is very good protection wise at a very fair price is why the popularity is happening

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    I will send an entire full bottle of Seal N Shine for just a few ounces of FK425, or BlackFire Spray wax.
    I’ve got Blackfire spray sealant. Would you want that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Tested it on the roof and the hood today. The paint was not perfectly preped and high humidity also. Little trouble to wipe it off. Good sheeting when rinsed with PW later on. The rest of the car got the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. So will be fun to see how it compares. Initially the Wet Coat is a step ahead from the water behavior. It`s going to be a raining period the week that comes.
    I really dont like reviews for car care products on youtube, most show application on a perfect surface then shows the results which is always the same, shiny and positive...i mean name me one LSP that isnt going to make a flawless surface look great?

What i do like are the few youtubers that do a deep analysis with various torture tests, or just the torture test.

I wish there was more "guy with a hood that leaves it out for 12 months with various products on it" youtubers. boring videos but i want to SEE what lasts for how long. Durability is the defining factor for me, they all look great on a prepped and freshly treated surface. If i want that i do it monthly. What i want to know is what happens after 2-6 months, which ones fail from heat, which ones fail from washing, and which ones hold up to the label

the *few* videos like this that at least show the ice spray wax, which i think to be the same base product as seal n shine, shows its kinda ridiculous on the durability scale.

Just from that i picked up the $6 or w/e bottle of ice spray wax, id rather top my base coat with that since its cheap and i can soak my black trim in it. Definitely getting a bottle of seal n shine once that runs out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I would not advise TW S&S for [use as a Drying Aid], no.
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    ...why not ?
    Same Q here. Other than the occasional streaking issues (which are probably enough to scare me off), what problems have people encountered using it for a
    Drying Aid?

I somehow doubt that any of these will offer the durability I suspect you`re after, but FWIW (and you`ve probably heard all this before) my Drying Aids, all of which are utterly Accumulator-proof (if not used outdoors) are:

-FK425
    -FK146
    -QD-strength IUDJ
    -OCW
    -Meguiar`s D156/UQW

I used to use Griot`s SpeedShine (a lot, for a very long time..not just a few gallons) and it was nice on waxes. Recent comments by GG aficionados make me wonder whether they`ve changed it.

Also used a lot of ValuGard Fast Finish, but have gradually quit reaching for it as I have with all my other QDs. (Need to use `em up somehow!)

Those work so well for me (on top of FK1000P on my vehicles, OCW/D156 alone on my wife`s A8) that I`m not really expecting to try the newer/supposedly better products like TW S&S, although they do continue to pique my interest.
    Likes Striker liked this post
    Thanks Striker thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
    Just from that i picked up the $6 or w/e bottle of ice spray wax, id rather top my base coat with that since its cheap and i can soak my black trim in it. Definitely getting a bottle of seal n shine once that runs out.
    FWIW, Ice Spray Wax and Seal and Shine are Different Products. Spray wax is more of a QD on steriods, at least in my use. And it works great as a drying aid. It also is great at removing fresh water spots. Better than any spray product I`ve ever used.
    Likes SWETM, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    -AND-

Same Q here. Other than the occasional streaking issues (which are probably enough to scare me off), what problems have people encountered using it for a
    Drying Aid?

I somehow doubt that any of these will offer the durability I suspect you`re after, but FWIW (and you`ve probably heard all this before) my Drying Aids, all of which are utterly Accumulator-proof (if not used outdoors) are:

-FK425
    -FK146
    -QD-strength IUDJ
    -OCW
    -Meguiar`s D156/UQW

I used to use Griot`s SpeedShine (a lot, for a very long time..not just a few gallons) and it was nice on waxes. Recent comments by GG aficionados make me wonder whether they`ve changed it.

Also used a lot of ValuGard Fast Finish, but have gradually quit reaching for it as I have with all my other QDs. (Need to use `em up somehow!)

Those work so well for me (on top of FK1000P on my vehicles, OCW/D156 alone on my wife`s A8) that I`m not really expecting to try the newer/supposedly better products like TW S&S, although they do continue to pique my interest.
    What are the differences between uqd and uqw? I’m wondering which of the two would be better as a drying aid- just general panel wipe down after every wash to ensure all streaks are done with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    What are the differences between uqd and uqw? I’m wondering which of the two would be better as a drying aid- just general panel wipe down after every wash to ensure all streaks are done with.

From what I gather you use a drying aid to keep the towel from marring the paint. To do that you would want product with better lubricity which usually comes from a cleaning product. BUT.... if your going to spray something on and wipe something off why not add some protection. That’s why I use a Merlin’s mix as I get lubricity I need from the waterless and protection the sio2 sealant.

If I were to use one I would use the QD as it has more lubricity bought at the price their offered at I’d give a 50/50 mix of both a try

Likes Striker liked this post

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information