Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

I have one full bottle of Seal N Shine. Anybody want to trade my some FK425, or BlackFire Spray wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought another bottle at the Walmart.l forgot to look at price as I wanted out meow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    I have one full bottle of Seal N Shine. Anybody want to trade my some FK425, or BlackFire Spray wax?
    I would trade you some of either of those, but full disclosure: I’m not reliable sending snail mail out. Stopping by Walmart is more in my wheel house. If you are ever in the Pittsburgh area, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
    Currently available on the ‘zon as add on for $4.80 FYI.

Bezos be like hey turtle wax, this stuff is the hottest stuff out there send me the entire US available inventory I can move this

I got 2 more bottles delivered yesterday. At 4.80 it’s less than 40 bucks a gallon

FWIW it’s up to 9.99 on my end July 4th

Post Thanks / Like

I will send an entire full bottle of Seal N Shine for just a few ounces of FK425, or BlackFire Spray wax.
    Dislikes superdave592 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I still use the old ice spray wax as a maintenance spray for finish kare, while im not convinced seal and shine isnt a remarketing of ice spray wax, the stuff is really good for its price.

ill absolutely be picking up a bottle after my ice runs out.

Both finish kare and ice spray wax holds up well in the phoenix summer, both products are criminally under rated imo...but turtle wax is doing some good stuff with their spray on waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Tested it on the roof and the hood today. The paint was not perfectly preped and high humidity also. Little trouble to wipe it off. Good sheeting when rinsed with PW later on. The rest of the car got the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. So will be fun to see how it compares. Initially the Wet Coat is a step ahead from the water behavior. It`s going to be a raining period the week that comes.
    Likes Coleroad, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So now You Tubers are turtleing out on their $5 compounds and polishes and finding out they are pretty legit as well. Seems to work as well as most comparable stuff out there at pennies on the dollar.

Really that’s my conclusion about most of this stuff. Most of it works at least OK to good. It’s more about how you use it.

So, it comes down to do you want to get good feels spending extra dollars to make your car love you; or just get the job done and produce an indistinguishable result for less?

Of course there are some outliers - some terrible products and some great ones. The interesting thing is it matters little what the product cost compared to similar. There are some innovations as well - but they are few and far between IMO.

I would caution anyone undecided to be wary of any “reviews” from anyone who is on the payroll related to products they are reviewing. I’d also caution putting faith in anyone who reviews every product they test as good - they likely have an agenda or just don’t know any better.
    Likes Dan, Ollever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I would caution anyone undecided to be wary of any “reviews” from anyone who is on the payroll related to products they are reviewing..
    Good on you for posting that! It oughta be no-brainer obvious, but it obviously is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    So now You Tubers are turtleing out on their $5 compounds and polishes and finding out they are pretty legit as well. Seems to work as well as most comparable stuff out there at pennies on the dollar.

Really that’s my conclusion about most of this stuff. Most of it works at least OK to good. It’s more about how you use it.

So, it comes down to do you want to get good feels spending extra dollars to make your car love you; or just get the job done and produce an indistinguishable result for less?

Of course there are some outliers - some terrible products and some great ones. The interesting thing is it matters little what the product cost compared to similar. There are some innovations as well - but they are few and far between IMO.

I would caution anyone undecided to be wary of any “reviews” from anyone who is on the payroll related to products they are reviewing. I’d also caution putting faith in anyone who reviews every product they test as good - they likely have an agenda or just don’t know any better.
    I agree that most of the stuff sold otc will work. I’m sure TW Rubbing Compound works or it wouldn’t still be around after 100 years. Maybe it’s time we took a step back and tried some of these old products against the newer ones. I would like to see some side by side tests of compounds and polishes. I’m still not happy about the Mother’s product that was supposed to last a year and died after 2 weeks. Forrest lost some respect with this product. I haven’t heard anything from him in a while. It’s better to under promise and over deliver.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
    I still use the old ice spray wax as a maintenance spray for finish kare, while im not convinced seal and shine isnt a remarketing of ice spray wax, the stuff is really good for its price.

ill absolutely be picking up a bottle after my ice runs out.

Both finish kare and ice spray wax holds up well in the phoenix summer, both products are criminally under rated imo...but turtle wax is doing some good stuff with their spray on waxes.
    The products (seal n shine and ice spray wax) are not the same I have them both and use them both. Both very good products though.

Post Thanks / Like

Grabbed a 3rd seal and shine today at oreilly auto parts. Was $9.99 and advertised as save $2 so much cheaper at Walmart in store still. Also grabbed cmx so maybe I’ll put the mothers cmx vs turtle wax seal and shine vs meguiars hcw in the work truck and see how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

We got some more rain today. And when I looked into a thread at AGO I remembered that I was going to take some beading pictures LOL. It has just cleared up from the rain this evening in Sweden.

Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine it seems like I was able to buff it off good. It`s hard to see on a white paint slight smearing. And an acceptable beading I think. Not the most extreme I have seen and not the worse either. And is confident on a better preped paint I would get better results from the water behavior. Will try to put on another layer when able to. What I did notice on this car that has some deeper swirls that needs compounding I think. Is that it filled the finer swirls pretty great actually. It was clearly in the sun that it was the deeper ones that showed. So another plus for SNS in my book. Will be fun to see what an extra layer of it in better conditions can get me.

Some beading pictures and remember it can be some residue left that may excell the beading after the next wash.

The rest of the car got Gyeon Wet Coat on it. And this new version really gets the water behavior up to high performance. I have used it before on this car and it needed at least 2 applications to get to this level. So I at least noticed a bump up in strenght from it. And I think that it`s like SNS that on a swirled up paint it takes a couple of applications to get the paint smooth enough to get a high water contact angle. Compared to TW SNS I think that Gyeon Wet Coat is glossier and more hydrophobic. But SNS filling ability is better and a little more glow from it vs the Wet Coat crispy and sharper looks you get from it. Think that I may like SNS looks better on my silver metallic paint as Wet Coats look is hard to beat on white paint IMO. When useing the Wet Coat on the silver metallic paint the sun almost flushes out the sharp crispy look from it. And that`s why I like a more carnuaba glow look on my silver metallic paint.

Gyeon Wet Coat in action. Application 2 sprays on a wet panel and spread it out with a mf applicator sponge and PW rinsed off thoroughly so the water pressure makes it to bond as good as possible. I like the water behavior a lot from only 1 application of the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. So if you like a high sharp crispy look and a very good water behavior. Get you some Gyeon Wet Coat and see how you like it.

Also as plus from both products the plastic trim needed to be protected and looking a little dull but these took care of it. A little nod to TW SNS in this comparison on the plastic trim.

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes Loach, lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- While the beading doesn`t wow me all that much, I did note that it filled for you and that`s good to know.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had to go in Walmart today, not for tw sns but did see if they had any
    1 bottle left so I had to get it $6.97
    just put D156 on the Ridgeline except the roof, so the roof now has sns
    we’ll see which one lasts longer
    Im expecting sns to last longer

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information