Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I’d have to respectfully disagree. I’d call it 200% smoke and mirrors. Most of these “boutique” companies have been making overblown claims for years selling us the same stuff over and over again in different bottles.

We’ve all been bent over and taken for a ride so many times we just accept it as business as usual. That’s why those of us that have been here for years have shelves and shelves full of products and we only use the same core few that actually meet (and rarely exceed) the actual claims the manufacturer makes or are barely any different than the last product we bought.

Very rarely does anyone bring anything new, improved, or unique to this market. And, when someone actually does; what do the rest of these companies do? Go out and copy it to the best of their ability.

How many coatings out there that claim “up to 2 years” that barely last 6 mos? How many 15 & 21mm polishers are out there that happen to have the same exact throw/shape/& basic design as Rupes? You ever see an 18mm throw polisher? Nope. And you never will. Too easy to copy what’s already been done.

So now something comes out that seems to destroy everything else like it and it costs $6. I can only lol and cheer them on.
    Sounds good. Hopefully this forum is your only place to vent for the last year and you at least remain cheerful outside of here. Doesn’t seem like you have much to add but plenty of criticism. Reminds me of some people I work with.

Oh, and so sorry about your shelf.
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Dislikes Ollever disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I’d have to respectfully disagree. I’d call it 200% smoke and mirrors. Most of these “boutique” companies have been making overblown claims for years selling us the same stuff over and over again in different bottles.

We’ve all been bent over and taken for a ride so many times we just accept it as business as usual. That’s why those of us that have been here for years have shelves and shelves full of products and we only use the same core few that actually meet (and rarely exceed) the actual claims the manufacturer makes or are barely any different than the last product we bought.

Very rarely does anyone bring anything new, improved, or unique to this market. And, when someone actually does; what do the rest of these companies do? Go out and copy it to the best of their ability.

How many coatings out there that claim “up to 2 years” that barely last 6 mos? How many 15 & 21mm polishers are out there that happen to have the same exact throw/shape/& basic design as Rupes? You ever see an 18mm throw polisher? Nope. And you never will. Too easy to copy what’s already been done.

So now something comes out that seems to destroy everything else like it and it costs $6. I can only lol and cheer them on.

Mckee`s 37 Hydro Blue, Blackfire HydroSeal, Pinnacle Crystal SiO2, and maybe Wolfgang Uber Silica Spray (Yes different application, but one can use Hydro Blue in a similar way). EZ Detail Brush and SpeedMaster. AmmoNYC Foamer and the Griots Garage foamer. Blackfire SiO2 Wheel Seal, Mckee`s 37 Wheel Glaze, and Poorboys Wheel Sealant. How similar are they, respectively?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Mckee`s 37 Hydro Blue, Blackfire HydroSeal, Pinnacle Crystal SiO2, and maybe Wolfgang Uber Silica Spray (Yes different application, but one can use Hydro Blue in a similar way). EZ Detail Brush and SpeedMaster. AmmoNYC Foamer and the Griots Garage foamer. Blackfire SiO2 Wheel Seal, Mckee`s 37 Wheel Glaze, and Poorboys Wheel Sealant. How similar are they, respectively?
    I hear what you’re saying. The buyer must beware and choose which of said product types to try out to determine what THEY like. It’s kind of like buying cars, isn’t it? Many competitors, selling similar sizes, features, etc. Some are pretty unique, but many just borrowing off each other with their own style. There’s no doubt this goes on in many industries including detailing. PBMG might be like GMC who also has Cadillac, Chevy, Buick, among other labels in the past. If someone wants a Cadillac because they aren’t aroused by a Chevy Equinox, they have an XTS (or XT4 or whatever the latest is called) even if all compact SUVs essentially do the same thing. Some want the higher quality knobs and whistles. Some want the more super charged engine.

I have no doubt TW has a good thing going with SNS and their other Spray Wax. But to bounce around forums to continually post for other people, including newcomers that everything is smoke and mirrors seems like a lame place to end up in.

I used to like movies a lot, especially action movies. A few years ago I stopped watching much at all and I now look at all these previews and special effects and wonder what is different about new movies vs a hundred I’ve seen in the past. Let’s be real, just about every possible story has been told at this point in time, there’s just different characters and special effects. I choose to stop watching action movies because they no longer interest me for my own reasons.

Would I ever want to go to movie blogs and continually criticize new movies to a group of people who have always loved action movies and still do, plus many newcomers who have not seen every old movie, known all those plots, and simply want to watch the new actors, special effects and decide for themselves what is good based on their own preferences right now? Heck no, I don’t need to deliver my message over and over about the washed up action movie seen, like an old grump. I’ll step away and find something I do like with my time, and if I have interest to check out the movie blog to see what people are saying about the latest and greatest, I can do so, sitting back learning about what I came for, only providing my own useful feedback if the situation arises and it seems informative to aid someone else’s knowledge.

Im not perfect, we all need to complain about products sometimes and it can spur good discussion.... but after awhile, hearing the same negative posts on a website who’s sole business is selling these products and providing thoughts and opinions about the products seems like something unproductive, and perhaps that’s the time that the negative poster should go find a new hobby to learn about, one which is exciting and not previously navigated, one that wont bring up redundant, negative thoughts at this stage in the poster’s life.

Rant over.
    Likes Coatings=crack, DBAILEY liked this post
    Dislikes Ollever disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also should mention that I thoroughly enjoyed SY’s old posts, when thoughts on specific products and details were discussed. As a newcomer joining in 2017, I spent countless hours reading posts from ~2013-2016 to get an idea of where to start and what products might be right for me. SY’s posts remain as some of the valuable ones that helped me learn. Thank you for that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried this turtle wax but have tried other economical boutique product flavors of the months and none have yet been as hydrophobic (tighter waterbeads and running off of the car) better than Overcoat or Cosmic. Also the amount of sio2 ad tio2 in cosmic is significantly more than those 10-20$ products.

The have done decent job and for the difference say twice as better may not mean the cost difference for some but Beadmaker, Megs Ceramic Hybrid, mothers CMX do not perform in appearance or hydrophobics and I doubt this product does.

Just posting my opinions for future readers. Is cosmic 8x better for 8x the cost? No. But if better performance is worth it to you step up. If not their are a lot less expensive products that perform well.

If not wanting to spend cosmic/overcoat money I’d put Shine Supply Clutch against all these inexpensive wonder products

End all find what works for you and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I detailed for over 10 years and only stopped in 2015 because of back surgery. I haven`t been on this forum in years but I got bored and decided to drop by. Not much new except some love for TW and their new product here. I probably gave away, threw away and pissed away several hundred dollars worth of stuff when I stopped. I kept a few things of course and me and the wife would wash/wax our cars together. It`s nice to just do your stuff and not have to deal with some POS that Bubba thinks the scratches will "wax" out and 35 dollars for a 8-10 hour detail is fair. So, not missing the detail biz one bit and lately YouTube has had much better in an educational sense information than any forum I`ve ever been on. I bought that 20 buck Mothers stuff and frankly, it wasn`t very good. I actually gave it to the kid at O`riely`s as I bought the TW. My first impressions are very positive and like the Camaro guy, after a rain and it looks fine.

For what it`s worth, anybody looking at detailing for yourself or maybe getting into it as a part time enterprise. Don`t get blinded by the hype and claims from the boutique stuff, don`t think you`ll save money buying in bulk, - OK - let me explain, 8 oz of Wonder Goo is 10 dollars but you can get a gallon for 75. So you get the gallon and Wonder Goo sucks big time, now you`re out 75 instead of 10, see how that works? To be fair, it took me a couple times before I figured that out! Don`t get snobby, that 17 adjectives wax that`s like a car payment isn`t any better than the cheap stuff, and ONLY the idiots that spent $$$ will disagree.

Lastly - PLEASE for everything you call holy, take care of your back! Surgery was successful for me, but I still remember my surgeons last words to me when he cleared me to go back to work after 13 weeks, take care of your spine or you`ll be seeing me again and it won`t be pretty.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"
    Likes Ollever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are still a lot of detailers out there that haven`t noticed Max has perfected the art of wallet emptying. They make great products but excel at getting people to buy way more than they need.
    Likes Ollever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I detailed for over 10 years and only stopped in 2015 because of back surgery. I haven`t been on this forum in years but I got bored and decided to drop by. Not much new except some love for TW and their new product here. I probably gave away, threw away and pissed away several hundred dollars worth of stuff when I stopped. I kept a few things of course and me and the wife would wash/wax our cars together. It`s nice to just do your stuff and not have to deal with some POS that Bubba thinks the scratches will "wax" out and 35 dollars for a 8-10 hour detail is fair. So, not missing the detail biz one bit and lately YouTube has had much better in an educational sense information than any forum I`ve ever been on. I bought that 20 buck Mothers stuff and frankly, it wasn`t very good. I actually gave it to the kid at O`riely`s as I bought the TW. My first impressions are very positive and like the Camaro guy, after a rain and it looks fine.

For what it`s worth, anybody looking at detailing for yourself or maybe getting into it as a part time enterprise. Don`t get blinded by the hype and claims from the boutique stuff, don`t think you`ll save money buying in bulk, - OK - let me explain, 8 oz of Wonder Goo is 10 dollars but you can get a gallon for 75. So you get the gallon and Wonder Goo sucks big time, now you`re out 75 instead of 10, see how that works? To be fair, it took me a couple times before I figured that out! Don`t get snobby, that 17 adjectives wax that`s like a car payment isn`t any better than the cheap stuff, and ONLY the idiots that spent $$$ will disagree.

Lastly - PLEASE for everything you call holy, take care of your back! Surgery was successful for me, but I still remember my surgeons last words to me when he cleared me to go back to work after 13 weeks, take care of your spine or you`ll be seeing me again and it won`t be pretty.
    We need to start a back surgery thread. I know of at least two other members that have gone under the knife. Welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    We need to start a back surgery thread. I know of at least two other members that have gone under the knife. Welcome back.
    Rlm,

Just curious as I feel you’ve been very unbiased towards cheap and top shelf products. Have you used new TW? How does it compare to IGL premier?

Post Thanks / Like

Junebug- I`m *SO* glad to see you posting again and to hear that your back`s doing OK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    There are still a lot of detailers out there that haven`t noticed [somebody in the Industry] has perfected the art of wallet emptying. They make great products but excel at getting people to buy [stuff].
    That sort of comment comes to mind all the time for me...gotta remember the genuine motivations in play, even with Car Guys whom we like.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Rlm,

Just curious as I feel you’ve been very unbiased towards cheap and top shelf products. Have you used new TW? How does it compare to IGL premier?

I’ve got a bottle and that’s a good idea to run it against Premier. I’ll do it tomorrow and see how it stacks up. Premier is the longest lasting spray on wipe off sealant I have tested. It should be a great side by side test.

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve got a bottle and that’s a good idea to run it against Premier...the longest lasting spray on wipe off sealant I have tested.
    Premier, huh?

Gee, another product I`ve never even heard of!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Premier, huh?

Gee, another product I`ve never even heard of!
    I’m hurt! You don’t read my posts, lol. I’ve been pushing IGL Premier as the number 2 spray on topper/sealant I’ve used.

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine vs Soft 99 Fusso Coat on the Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube. A very even race but I think that Fusso Coat got the win. As far as chemical resistance the TW SNS is very impresive for being a such as cheap product at least in the US. Here in Sweden the price is $20 for it.

Would like to hear more of the durability of the TW SNS. But maybe since it`s cheap and most people don`t let it go as long until it`s fails. Could be the reason why the longevity from it in the real world use has not been mentioned. And that`s a rather new product or at least since it`s got discovered in the detailing scene. Chemical resistance and longevity don`t necessary goes hand in hand. But chemical resistance and the protection is more compareble. I have it and will use it as soon as I`m able to. Would be interesting to see how it would hold up over a winter here in Sweden.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information