Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Can’t wait to see you dudes on People of Walmart.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the digression. 1st time shopper, odd experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Autozone & local independent parts store looking for this stuff. Had other Ice products - but not this. Going to Walmart may be too big of a pill for me to swallow.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Went to Autozone & local independent parts store looking for this stuff. Had other Ice products - but not this. Going to Walmart may be too big of a pill for me to swallow.
    Do it, it’s a lifetime experience. Lots of different people and things......

or Target has it for more $$$

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to my world. Can’t wait to see you on People of Walmart.

None of the Targets around me had it listed.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it at walmart today .It was 6.97. I didnt have time to do the whole car but I did do the hood, just to try it . I have to say that it left a hell of a shine and it was super slick.I did call turtle wax and said that it did have ceramic propertys, what ever that means.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I would think you’d have to log into it first before you automatically log in, but I’ll have to watch my phone next time I drive by...

Sorry for the tinfoil hat diversion! Back on topic - looking forward to putting this stuff to work.

Were there any bad habits folks have heard about?
    The only bad habit I found was that on my black paint, there was some streaking/clouding, but I used the TW ICE Spray Detailer and it eliminated all the streaking.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You have to go to Walmart at least once a year to see “real ’mericans”. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Got to hurry and get the last bottle of TW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s awesome when these things happens with OTC products. Sonax is such a line here in Sweden at least. But it`s just some of their products that`s offered as such. They had and I think they still have a combo of a car polish and car wax that was the OTC kings for a very long time. It was very user friendly as it worked awesome by hand to get good results. It was a paint cleaner and like an AIO combo and came in small tin bottles. 3 months longevity from it was what you got from it. But the most was from the cleaning ability to get a clearer finish and with both a little of abrasives and filling ability from it you got a good results from it. When Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer came out it was a game changer for the OTC products. Or as it`s name is in Sweden Instant Shine Detailer. Don`t know about the different name here in Sweden but has gone over to the BSD name now LOL. But think that the distributor saw that their Extreme line of products could go really well sales wise also as OTC products. And when the webshops gotten more popular the Pro-Line of products from Sonax also got us consumers see a whole lot of quality products from them.

As I mentioned Sonax is that for us pre BSD was like in the same category as Turtle Wax was and still some products are IMO. But they are big manufactures that does many products with different quality and geared towards different people with their different lines of products. Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube mentioned that The Wax Shop is Turtle Wax pro-line products. Anyone knowing more about this? I have seen here in Sweden TW has come out with an abrasive product line that`s looks like the rest in the way how it`s packaged if that makes sense or the same kind of bottles Sonax uses for their 250ml bottles. The thing is it`s crazy expensive even compared to other brands Menzerna and Scholl and Sonax and Meguiars (at least the prices here in Sweden LOL). It says it`s from their Pro series and the compound and light cut compound is around $38 for 250ml/8oz. And their newer products is actually also in the price range of the more common detailing brands products. As their wheel cleaner Redline and other products. So maybe the Turtle Wax is in for a change of the more rebutable brands quality. No wrong in that.

Wednesday I think I will be testing the SNS for the first time. Will see if it gets put on more than the hood. Interesting and looking forward to try it out.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I want to try this, but the detailing forums on the Interwebs have soured me to all products from big corperations! TW definitely falls under that catagory. But I really really want to try this, hummmmm. Maybe I have an empty Polish Angel bottle I could put it in. Then I can pretend it`s a new PA product.
    Likes SWETM, Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quebert, not much downside in spending $6 to try something like that. Who knows? TW may be capable of producing a product that gains some genuine respect...
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Always looking for a new bandwagon, while Spray & Shine was sold out I picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax Jet Black Spray Detailer. It was so bad I threw the whole bottle away! It was like trying to clean with pruning sealer, I used apc to clean it off the car and re-applied protection.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Always looking for a new bandwagon, while Spray & Shine was sold out I picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax Jet Black Spray Detailer. It was so bad I threw the whole bottle away! It was like trying to clean with pruning sealer, I used apc to clean it off the car and re-applied protection.
    The ice detailer is pretty terrible too.

Should have grabbed ICE Spray Wax, a very solid product but doesn`t seem to be as shiney as SnS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The ice detailer is pretty terrible too.

Should have grabbed ICE Spray Wax, a very solid product but doesn`t seem to be as shiney as SnS.
    I`ve been having good lock with the ICE Spray Detailer ... used it again today after washing the car this morning.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Junebug liked this post

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information