Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

acuRAS82 I totaly understand that and which is also what I look for in the compability. I think that to be real certain if it works with your coating or other SiO2 product. You would stay in the same brand as even on the consumer levels it`s quite the difference in the chemical build up from coating to coating. Then of course there are others that works too. What I meen is to know that if the topper is able to build up the base coating. That`s Reload was made for to cquartz coatings from Carpro and their Hydro2 and EcH2O products and lately Elixir. Say you would top gtechnic CSL with Reload you mix 2 whole different chemical build up and even more with the EXO v4 that`s a carbon based coating IIRC. So on them it would be a sacrificial layer. While on the CQUK actually be a part of the coating layer in combo with other chemicals that wears off faster than the part that bonds to the coating.

In Sweden the bottle looks like this which I just took a picture of.

It don`t claims any SiO2 or SiO2 technology on the bottle. What it does claim is that they try or have gotten the hybrid blend patened.

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I’m currently playing around with different brand SiO2 sprays on top of Essence Extreme as a base. Just trying to figure out if/where this SNS fits in, but will likely use it on at least a panel or two soon.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So, jumped on the bandwagon and picked some up. < $10 is my kinda entry price for an experiment.

Interesting Wallyworld experience (as mentioned above, not my normal go-to store): Last night, confirmed availability at my store - site said 3 in stock @ $5.99 (purchase online price was $20+ as someone else mentioned). My plan was to swing through on the way to work, they open at 6am. Check my phone again @ 5:45 before heading over, still 3 @ $5.99.
    Get to the store, find the Auto section and spot the Seal-n-shine on the shelf - $6.97. Sure, it`s only a dollar, but I swear it just said $5.99 on my phone 20 minutes ago. Pull out my phone, check again: In store price on the website is $6.97. Very strange. Again, only a dollar, but so weird for it to change like that. Maybe they knew I was coming...

Do we know if this stuff has any bad habits people are complaining about? Etching, hard to polish off, dust attraction, etc?

I`ll probably use this on my Coworker`s truck when I borrow it (I hate borrowing trucks; last time as a thank you I did a full interior detail for him). He keeps it pretty clean outside, but it`s always tunnel washes. Last time he put anything intentional on the paint was back when he got it (2015?), so I figure it`d be hard to do it any harm by trying this stuff on it.

Otherwise my plan is to try it on my wheels and see how it fares.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to search my Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was $6.97 at Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Mine was $5.99 when you do in store pickup
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I do not like these games Walmart...
    Was $5.99 in store pick up when I looked before going to the store.
    Went to $6.97 in store (and on the website) when I actually went to the store.
    Checked the website again today out of curiosity - $5.99 in store pickup. Same store selected the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I do not like these games Walmart...
    Was $5.99 in store pick up when I looked before going to the store.
    Went to $6.97 in store (and on the website) when I actually went to the store.
    Checked the website again today out of curiosity - $5.99 in store pickup. Same store selected the whole time.
    I wonder if they have technology that tells them you are in the store while browsing. Best Buy got caught dishing out different prices a while ago.

The cashiers at Walmart are certainly familiar with the game, they don`t bat an eye at matching the online prices.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, PDMS means Polydimethyl Siloxanes for those who are chemical acronym illiterate.

If you have followed this thread, I think there are two things that Autopians can agree on:
    1) The product produces a great shine and offers some degree of protection without a lot effort
    2) It is inexpensive and available over-the-counter (OTC), which means most of you can find it, buy it, and try it to see for yourself if all this hype is true.

The fact that this product comes from Turtle Wax should not bias one`s opinion on it`s product quality or performance, but it does for me, as the (mis)perception is that the products from this car-care manufacturer were (emphasis, past tense) less than "OCD-detailer" quality and did NOT produce the stellar resultsI desire. I am old enough to remember when Turtle Wax was THE leader in OTC car-care products, and yes, I used them all time in my (much) younger fledgling detailing en devours. That is was then; this now, and with the help of many of my fellow Autopians, I have migrated to the many different car-care manufacturer`s products we all know and use. I just find it ironic that this manufacturer has come full circle again. Or as the saying goes, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then."

And, yes, I did buy the Turtle Wax Max Power Wash after reading the reviews from fellow Autopians about its performance to try out for myself. So call me a hypocrite.... (you are sometimes, Captain Obvious!)
    GB detailer
    Likes BillE, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I wonder if they have technology that tells them you are in the store while browsing. Best Buy got caught dishing out different prices a while ago.

The cashiers at Walmart are certainly familiar with the game, they don`t bat an eye at matching the online prices.
    When the website’s “buy in store” price was different when I was looking at it in store vs 15 minutes prior when I looked at it in my house, I was left looking around the empty isle like “really? You knew this was the one thing I came for?”

I too was wondering if they could figure out I was on site, but it’s not like I signed into their WiFi?

Post Thanks / Like

My Walmart has automatic free WiFi that you don’t have to sign into. Now I worry my movements will be tracked if I viewed something on their site before coming into the store and the prices will go up.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

If this stuff is chemical resistant and things don`t stick to it, how might its use as a topper affect subsequent applications of the "primary LSP", say...FK1000P?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The fact that this product comes from Turtle Wax should not bias one`s opinion on it`s product quality or performance, but it does for me, as the (mis)perception is that the products from this car-care manufacturer were (emphasis, past tense) less than "OCD-detailer" quality and did NOT produce the stellar resultsI desire.
    Heh heh, you lost me there! If TW`s deficiencies were in the past, eh...why let that bias you now? I can`t think of one manufacturer of Detailing stuff who hasn`t had some [crappy] product that disappointed me.

Sorry, sorry, I know I shouldn`t be busting your [bits] like that... Guess I agree with your hypocritical side that tried their Wax Max Wash Or maybe it`s just another of those Accumulator Things..I really like that TW is offering something this good to their target customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think you’d have to log into it first before you automatically log in, but I’ll have to watch my phone next time I drive by...

Sorry for the tinfoil hat diversion! Back on topic - looking forward to putting this stuff to work.

Were there any bad habits folks have heard about?

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart`s online prices and in-store prices are often different. I ordered this online for $5.99 with an in-store pickup, and after picking it up I walked over to the aisle of car products where it was $6.97 on the shelf. Just a few days ago it was $9.99.

My experience has been that they won`t match online prices when shopping in the store, but I`ve also never had a different online price when checking in-store or at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Lol, I did order mine as in store pickup. No complaints though! I haven’t seen anything lower than $6.97 in my area, but have seen higher than that. Prices are all over the place.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information