Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

$5.99 at the Wally World near me. Never shop there, but tempted to pick up a bottle for wheels or the rental cars at work just to try it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Well I bought a bottle at Wally today $6.95. Need something that that stand up to what I`m using to get the bugs off the car. The 1,200 mile round trip every two weeks to see the dr. Is wearing me out. Then the bugs sit for a few more days because of that. I hope this helps out. As easy as this is to apply. I`m wore out from cleaning and applying this. Wish I felt up to getting the coating on, but I don`t see it happening anytime soon. Dr trips are up into November. Sucking the time, energy, money right out of me.

My sense of smell is is way off , but I see why people mention it with this tw. It`s a way different smell. There`s no way I can identify, but it`s not how most things smell to me.
    Think "Men`s Aftershave" for what it smells like
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Stuff is backordered on Amazon til July sometime.

Funny thing is You Tube dude who seems credible tested it against Polish Angel handmade wonder coating and it seemed more chemical resistant. Whoda thunk that?
    I saw that video, the TW at least held it`s own against the Polish Angel. Wild huh?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I saw that video, the TW at least held it`s own against the Polish Angel. Wild huh?
    Honestly, I think most of the claims these coating make regarding durability are BS. So, I’m not really surprised.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The coating claims for resistance to harsh chemicals may be over-exaggerated, but for those of us who don’t live downwind from active volcanoes, don’t pour degreasers on our car and use relatively ph neutral car shampoos, these claims don’t mean a whole lot.

For some, the claims may matter, but for avg. Joey, resistance to normal sun/rain and snow/salt may be good enough if he doesn’t use harsh auto car washes.

Anyways, I apologize if I missed it, but does the Seal N Shine contain SiO2 like a HCW and CMX, or is it more like BSD using some other unique polymer blend? I can’t find any marketed statements about SiO2.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this online SDS. If anyone can decode for me to answer the above question for me (I see it does have a siloxanes 1-5%, which might be what’s in IGL Premiere and EcoWax... SiO2-ish enough for me if that’s the case).

https://hw.menardc.com/main/items/me...SealNShine.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

So I have been trying this on my personal vehicles as mainly a coating topper lately. Works wonders! I also polished a few area`s on my wife`s car and treated it and so far so good.

Just yesterday I corrected this 2007 911 4s and being it was a raffle winner I topped it with the seal and shine. Very glossy and slick with no application issues on this black paint

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes SWETM, tom p., Loach, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite, felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Found this online SDS. If anyone can decode for me to answer the above question for me (I see it does have a siloxanes 1-5%, which might be what’s in IGL Premiere and EcoWax... SiO2-ish enough for me if that’s the case).

https://hw.menardc.com/main/items/me...SealNShine.pdf
    Siloxanes are silicones, PDMS, it`s in all QDs and rubber/plastic treatments. It`s not SiO2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonipieleanu View Post
    Siloxanes are silicones, PDMS, it`s in all QDs and rubber/plastic treatments. It`s not SiO2.
    Agreed that the PDMS is in those products too. But it`s also what some use in the mix with SiO2. DPC Armor is one that has this PDMS in it with a combo of SiO2. And PDMS is a silicone oil and is often used to get the hydrophobic caractics in a protection product. It`s not so easy as much is used in combinations and gets different chemical build up when it`s gets on the paint or other parts of a vehical. As for SiO2 if pure would be rather non slickness if used with a carrier that gets the SiO2 only as the hydrophobic top layer. And PDMS can be used with other different chemicals to get a protection product that is very a like a heavy SiO2 content product. And looks like just from the SDS on the TW SNS that`s something in it that is not needed to be put in the SDS. If you look at the procent of what`s in it. Water they put in it mostly to show it`s a water based product or if there is some regulation that at some point water needs to be clarified in the SDS. I think that they have found a blend of polymers that is working great as a LSP. Since they seems to be trying to get a patent on it.

Brian from Apex Detailing is an awesome dude and I have mentioned before to him about the Cosmic v2 coating. That`s depending on the PA Invicible Primer Polish or Invicible Primer Spritz to reach full strength and hardness. It can be used on it`s own but with a lot less longevity from it. Don`t know if it`s impact on the chemical resistant when useing the Invicible Primer. But I think that it would be. And this is no way to take away from the TW SNS and what a great chemical resistance it has and a lot of value from it. I myself bought it this weekend for $20 which is the retail price for it in Sweden.

IMO the chemical resistance don`t go hand in hand with the longevity from a product. I think that chemical resistance and the protection abilities is more what you can get from it. Take the test that Apex Detailing did between the Cosmic v2 coating and TW SNS. In the real world use you get 12-18 months of longevity from Cosmic v2. And it is not much about the longevity from TW SNS yet but I don`t think that it`s reaching over a year of longevity from it. Would be awesome if you get around 6 months longevity from it and think it`s there or a little less where it will be longevity wise.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Thanks SWETM. Sounds like you think the TW SNS is polymer based without much/any SiO2 content is all said and done (while keeping in mind that many chemical compositions could result in some amount of SiO2 content).

I totally agree that chemical resistance (a sub-category of what I call ‘durability’) should be viewed as independent from longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Thanks SWETM. Sounds like you think the TW SNS is polymer based without much/any SiO2 content is all said and done (while keeping in mind that many chemical compositions could result in some amount of SiO2 content).

I totally agree that chemical resistance (a sub-category of what I call ‘durability’) should be viewed as independent from longevity.
    It can be some kind of SiO2 in the build up of the polymer. Polymer is just a word for when a chemical build up is transformed in a chain of them. SiO2 IIRC has 2 attachement points where you can have other molecules to attach to it. Which is the build up of the silicone for an example. But with useing different kind of them who attach to a molecule of SiO2 or the SiO2 attach to it you get different properties from it when it has created the chain. Then you have also the SiO4 where you use it with a carrier that steals 2 O atoms and gets the SiO2 left and other atoms can be attached to that. So it`s many ways to go get specific properties when you use different kind of chemicals.

Remember I`m not a chemist and just a geek who reads up about things I find interesting. It`s a little interesting that it`s so simualar with PDMS and what we call ceramic coating. PDMS is used in many protection products like Meguiars Quick Wax and in many of the coating lite products. But with other different chemicals in the bottle you get different properties from it when it`s applyied on the paint.

The one thing I would be consider what`s in the protection products or even polishes with silicone oils. Is when I know I would be doing a repaint not far away from the application. The great bodyshops though use a good silicone remover so even if you use it would not being a problem. Then it`s a difference between the volatile silicone and the non volatile silicone. The rubber seals products before was made with volatile silicone. And when a painter open a door to blend in the paint he would get to start over when a volatile silicone started to move and land on the paint. I had an old Volvo Amazon that I repainted and this happened. Not a pretty sight of what the volatile silicone did. I think that PDMS is a non volatile silicone. Cause otherwise painters and bodyshops would be going crazy over the detailing products companies LOL. Also ceramic coatings that useally don`t use the silicone in their chemistry is no problems when painted over as long as the surface is sanded so the paint adhere properly.

Also there are many chemicals that don`t need to be in the SDS. And with the procent in the SNS I think there are some other chemicals in it that makes it unique for it`s build up. Of course other brands has this too. Take HCW as an example with what they need to be putting up in the SDS. And yet applyied on the you have a SiO2 hybrid. And not just water as some explained LOL. Then next showed the SDS of his own product with both SiO2 and PDMS aka silicone oil. That you don`t get a pure SiO2 layer on the paint with. But a string with as noted before with SiO2 and then parts of the PDMS attached to it for getting the hydrophobic caractics he want.

So to sum it up. It`s hard to say how good a product is from the SDS only. As there almost every time is something that not needs to be put in it. And this chemical have an impact on the other chemicals in how it behaves on the paint when applyied and reacted. So trial and error with the products is how we consumers get to know how it works in the real world. And that`s possible to have just a little different chemical blend to create different properties from the protection products. These exactly blends we consumers not going to know about. Also there is different properties from the chemicals it selfs. As purity of them and where they refiened them. Which have the impact on the quality of the product and also the cost of it for the companies and in the end consumers.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed discussion SWETM. I essentially ask the SiO2 question for my own knowledge and usually to determine what combine with or not to combine with for synergy purposes. Definitely not life or death if there’s not an obvious final conclusion for me.

It’s usually as simple as “If I want to combine a SiO2 topper on top of a SiO2 base, will product x do that for me?” or “If I am avoiding using SiO2 products for a specific reason, will product Y be an option?”
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed discussion SWETM. I essentially ask the SiO2 question for my own knowledge and usually to determine what combine with or not to combine with for synergy purposes. Definitely not life or death if there’s not an obvious final conclusion for me.

It’s usually as simple as “If I want to combine a SiO2 topper on top of a SiO2 base, will product x do that for me?” or “If I am avoiding using SiO2 products for a specific reason, will product Y be an option?”

For what its worth, PanTheOrganizer said that on the Canadian label of SNS it states that it has SiO2 in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    For what its worth, PanTheOrganizer said that on the Canadian label of SNS it states that it has SiO2 in it.

Thats is what I heard the EU version said too. Not that I`ve seen the bottle to confirm that.

Post Thanks / Like

A siloxane is a functional group in organosilicon chemistry with the Si–O–Si linkage. The parent siloxanes include the oligomeric and polymerichydrides with the formulae H(OSiH2)nOH and (OSiH2)n.[1] Siloxanes also include branched compounds, the defining feature of which is that each pair of silicon centres is separated by one oxygen atom. The siloxane functional group forms the backbone of silicones, the premier example of which is polydimethylsiloxane.[2] The functional group R3SiO- (where the three Rs may be different) is called siloxy. Siloxanes are manmade and have many commercial and industrial applications because of the compounds’ hypdrophobicity, low thermal conductivity, and high flexibility. [3

This comes from Wikipedia. It seems SiO2 is the norm for detailing products today. I believe TW Seal and Shine and IGL Premier have the same components that make them both highly oleophobic and chemical resistant.

Likes SWETM liked this post

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information