Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

I bought a bottle locally the other day and tried it out on my work car. It’s a 2018 Corolla with 19k miles. Not washed very often (I just started using the car, it was used by other employees before) I washed with hyperwash and used some formula 409 during washing then used an SM Arnold medium speedy prep pad before with soapy water as lube. This was just a quick and dirty prep so the car had something on the paint while I am driving it. Dried and applied the Ice seal and shine to the drivers side and Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant on passengers side (bottle is a few years old) It sat for a couple hours before going into the rain.

Left is TW ice right is Wolfgang including on the glass.

From the left side of the emblem going right is Ice
    Wolfgang on the far left. Bare paint on bumper as it was just painted.

A few more shots I just took:

Over all I thought it was very easy to use spraying on paint or into the towel. Spread onto paint and basically disappears. Used second towel to remove any remaining product. I didn’t really compare looks. Slickness was very good. It went on the B pillars just fine. Overall for $6.97 at Walmart I was impressed. We will see how long it’s lasts. I will wash it again in a few weeks as my schedule allows.

Some coworkers saw it and asked if I waxed it because of the beading lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit with more pictures after driving home and lighter rain.

The beads move fairly well when I blow on them compared to the other side.

The product works but isn’t a game changer by any means. For OTC and something that’s easy to use and cheap I think it is a good product if it holds up more than a few weeks.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area
    Likes japjoe7, lloydrm, SWETM, VitreousHumor, Loach liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82, Oneheadlite, rlmccarty2000, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

The game changer from what I have seen is the extreme chemical resistance compared to other products in the instant where YTers doing their torture testing. Then for it to be a very long lasting LSP is not necessary it is so. But with the chemical resistance you can translate it to be a good protection product. Will be interesting to hear how it goes in real world use and how it holds up. I think it`s called oelophobic properties that`s how well it tries to fight off oily dirt. An oleophobic coating is often used on smart phones screens to keep fingerprints as low as possible. And this properties is starting to be mentioned in the vehicals coatings now too. As you have a lot of the oily road film that gets on the vehicals and this properties is a good thing to have look cleaner. Then how good this oleophobic properties TW ICE Seal N Shine sealant has vs a ceramic coating I don`t know. But you can see it between the other sealants that it has been put up against in the torture testing with it. That it`s seems to be very good at this vs others.
    Likes tom p., mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Anyone compare this with BSD?
    Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine Long Term test.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine - New Benchmark?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got some today. I’m thinking of trying an off label application...using it as a drying aid.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

So far on short term testing I`m impressed. I polished my roof and trunk lid and applied the TW along with applying it to the rest of my gto as a coating topper. Easy application, awesome beading in the rain and looks great.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Got some today. I’m thinking of trying an off label application...using it as a drying aid.
    Works great as a drying aid. Very slick and the dirt rolls off.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week, I put two coats on the Camaro. Yesterday, I drove it in the rain and while on the highway, the water couldn`t seem to fly off the hood fast enough - the car stayed practically dry the whole time I was up to speed. Today there were a few dirt marks from the road spray but little else. When I rinsed the car prior to washing it, there were no `dead spots` behind the wheels like you`d normally get after driving through the rain, it beaded up and ran off just like I had freshly waxed it.
    Then when I started washing, I would pass the wash mitt over the surface and the soapy water (Meguiar`s Hyper-Wash) would almost immediately start to bead up. This isn`t a typical occurrence for me. Then I "flood rinsed" the car. At least 90% of the water ran off this way and I hardly had to wring out my microfiber drying towel while drying the car.

Full disclosure - there IS some "clouding" in areas that you can see at certain angles and light conditions, but I`m OK with it. The plus`s definitely outweigh a few smears, maybe two coats is too much? I honestly don`t care at this point.
    Well, since it didn`t happen without pics, here are a few taken right after tonight`s wash. Yes, they`re in shade, but it`s in this light that I was able to see the smears.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes minerigger, SWETM, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad some brands are starting to pay attention to the oleophobic properties of their products.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did buy the EU version of Seal N Shine sealant today. We don`t get the ICE line here in EU. Just to see what I`m going to apply it on LOL. The hype has not come here in the little town I live in. Know the guy at the autopart store where I bought it. Told him to recommend it to those who take care of their vehicals. He will be trying it too LOL.
    Likes Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

KILLER COMBO!!!

I bought this a few hours ago and gave it a shot, remember the smears and clouding I just mentioned? Well kiss them goodbye! I followed the directions on the bottle of ICE Spray Detailer, mist on, wipe then flip the towel and buff ... and just like that, the streaks and clouding are gone ... all in less than 15 minutes.

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor, Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Glad you found a solution to the clouding (which would drive me *nuts*), too bad it involves another 15 minute step though. Heh heh, remember that somebody else`s "15 minutes" generally translates into *my* "hour and a half"

Post Thanks / Like

There isn`t a product that doesn`t cloud/smear/etc on a dark car if you go overboard. Key is using it sparingly.
    Likes DBAILEY, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The prices are all over the board on the Seal and Shine. About the cheapest I have found is at Advance Auto for $11.99. I believe I get a 20% discount too, so that helps. Looks like a decent product so that means TW will discontinue it in 6 months, lol.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- Glad you found a solution to the clouding (which would drive me *nuts*), too bad it involves another 15 minute step though. Heh heh, remember that somebody else`s "15 minutes" generally translates into *my* "hour and a half"
    I know what you mean. Except that while it may take me 15 minutes, I go back several times to check and re-check and re-re-check. So an hour and a half doesn`t seem too far off.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    There isn`t a product that doesn`t cloud/smear/etc on a dark car if you go overboard. Key is using it sparingly.
    I thought I had. I don`t use full sprays, I just twitch the trigger and there are no `puddles` of product on the paint, just a light covering like a fine mist.

I`m glad I decided to get the Spray Detailer.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information