Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

anyone used Shine Supply Beadlock yet?

It`s a pretty new product, can`t find any reviews except the one a person left on SS`s web site. I`ve never used a Shine Supply product, dunno why probably because Autopia & AGO don`t carry them. Jeremy and his products have a pretty loyal following. I`m restarting my detailing business, originally I had the stupid idea to offer 4 different coatings. Since, I narrowed it down to CSL+EXO or Cquartz UK 3.0 (well, or maybe Miyabi or ISM lol) Of course I just happened to come across Beadlock this weel. Web site says up to 4 years durability, and comes in a 100ml size for $185. Based off the date the YT video for it was posted, it came out last month. I know there are a few people here try just about everything right when it comes out lol. Obviously having just came out nobody can comment on durability. But I`m curious about application and initial impressions. I don`t think I`ve seen anything but great feedback on their other products.

Post Thanks / Like

You are not going to find much as it’s fairly new to the market. Most of the folks that use the product line are on social media. I believe they have a Facebook group as well.

They do have some great products in Slick back and Throttle which was just reformulated.

CarPro also sells 100ml variants of their coatings.

I also wouldn’t get to caught up in claimed longevity.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone used Shine Supply Beadlock yet?

I`m more curious about how it looks and reacts to water. As for the longevity, I usually just expect about half of what they claim. 2 years would be pretty good for the price.

I dunno why but since I got into detailing heavy, it seems about once a year I discover a new brand and end up trying to buy their entire product line. I`m sure at least one or 2 people here can relate lol. I think Shine Supply`s the brand I want to collect them all for 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should try Jeremy seems like a knowledgeable guy and the fact that the coating just came out might be a good thing since he didn’t just rush to market on it to have a coating option available to customers. It doesn’t seem like private labeled or rebottles product. Lot of people rant and rave about his compounds. I would feel more comfortable buying this guy’s product vs Scott’s from Dallas paint correction. DPC products to me seem a little shaky (my opinion from a guy who has never used DPC)

shine supply and Adams customers are very passionate about company

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s has a good number of near fanatical customers, on a much smaller scale of course, I get a similar vibe from Shine Supply people. As you mentioned, I read a few places that none of their stuff`s relabeled. If that`s true it`s damn impressive such a small operation can put out so many products that get rave feedback. I know prior to this coating Jeremy used Gtechniq coatings at his shop. Which was going to be my choice too more than likely. Hummm, maybe I should ask if they use Beadlock or are still sticking with Gtechniq on clients cars lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I`m more curious about how it looks and reacts to water. .
    From one of his live instagram videos it looked like any typical coating in that regard.

Adam`s has a good number of near fanatical customers, on a much smaller scale of course, I get a similar vibe from Shine Supply people. As you mentioned, I read a few places that none of their stuff`s relabeled. If that`s true it`s damn impressive such a small operation can put out so many products that get rave feedback. I know prior to this coating Jeremy used Gtechniq coatings at his shop. Which was going to be my choice too more than likely. Hummm, maybe I should ask if they use Beadlock or are still sticking with Gtechniq on clients cars lol.
    I am sure he still use CSL Ultra but from most I see on his posts, it is beadlock for the paint and wheels. Jeremy is a nice guy. He has always responded to me in a timely manner.

I know you were looking at GTechniq and don`t get me wrong it is a good coating but Cquartz is just more durable. I like the application of CSL but it`s water behavior is lack luster. It really benefits from Exo which it the icing on the cake. With Cquartz (either version) they don`t need a topper to get that nice water behavior. Sure it lacks in slickness but that is what Gliss is for and everyone likes to top a coating with something so that`s not a big deal. I would look into offering Cquarts Lite as the entry level, CQUK and then CQUK + Gliss. You will be set with these coatings. You could even include TiO2 if a customer is looking for more reflectivity. At 15 months I am pleased with both CQUK 3.0 and TiO2 in overall performance with little degradation signs here and there.
    Likes Stokdgs, JustJesus, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I know you were looking at GTechniq and don`t get me wrong it is a good coating but Cquartz is just more durable. I like the application of CSL but it`s water behavior is lack luster. It really benefits from Exo which it the icing on the cake. With Cquartz (either version) they don`t need a topper to get that nice water behavior. Sure it lacks in slickness but that is what Gliss is for and everyone likes to top a coating with something so that`s not a big deal. I would look into offering Cquarts Lite as the entry level, CQUK and then CQUK + Gliss. You will be set with these coatings. You could even include TiO2 if a customer is looking for more reflectivity. At 15 months I am pleased with both CQUK 3.0 and TiO2 in overall performance with little degradation signs here and there.
    Gotta go with The Guz on this one; given those 2 choices, Cquartz all the way, with or without Gliss. To be honest, I just don`t get why many are so hyped about CSL, even with EXO on top...I just don`t find the water behavior that fantastic, EXO or not. Self-Cleaning still lags some other choices. CSL is one of the most entertaining/nice applications I`ve used but it just never seems to keep itself as clean as I`d like. CSL + CanCoat did far better for me than CSL + EXO.

Kinda a bummer as I really like CSL application and Gtechniq naming and packaging and their glass and wheel coatings have been great but given all the raves about CSL + EXO, I just don`t see it in my environment.

:shrug:
    Likes Stokdgs, The Guz, JustJesus, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a gallon of clutch their sio2 spray during Black Friday. Don’t know why I thought I needed a gallon. Mainly used to mix with Ech20 but just tried as a topper.

Bought Cosmic at same time so been using that as main topper, also some OC Budget sent me. Just tried Clutch as a topper and although more work to remove, working excellent so far. Also really good on trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

From one of his live instagram videos it looked like any typical coating in that regard.

I am sure he still use CSL Ultra but from most I see on his posts, it is beadlock for the paint and wheels. Jeremy is a nice guy. He has always responded to me in a timely manner.

I think my only hang up with Cquartz UK is since I`ll be mobile I can`t offer Gliss, The 4 hour between UK and a topper just kills it for me. Although in my town it`ll be challenging enough to find people who will pony up for a single layer coating. And I`m worried about coatings plus toppers lol. I know CarPro recommends 2 coats of UK, but it seems most people here say it`s solid with just one. And I just read on CP`s site, you only have to wait an hour for a second layer of UK. I thought it was 4, but that`s just for Gliss.

Since UK + Gliss is out of the question for me, does anyone here recommend topping UK with Reload? I need to figure out how to upsale my coating upsales.

The Guz since you`re an expert here, I`m in So Cal, wouldn`t Cquarts Tio2 be a better way to go? The price is the same as UK 3.0, but they say it works better for warmer climates. And CarPro`s web site or Google has nothing saying whether you can use Gliss with Tio2. I guess I was overlooking Tio until today because for some reason I was mistaking it for an entry level offering.

Post Thanks / Like

I think my only hang up with Cquartz UK is since I`ll be mobile I can`t offer Gliss, The 4 hour between UK and a topper just kills it for me. Although in my town it`ll be challenging enough to find people who will pony up for a single layer coating. And I`m worried about coatings plus toppers lol. I know CarPro recommends 2 coats of UK, but it seems most people here say it`s solid with just one. And I just read on CP`s site, you only have to wait an hour for a second layer of UK. I thought it was 4, but that`s just for Gliss.

Since UK + Gliss is out of the question for me, does anyone here recommend topping UK with Reload? I need to figure out how to upsale my coating upsales.

The Guz since you`re an expert here, I`m in So Cal, wouldn`t Cquarts Tio2 be a better way to go? The price is the same as UK 3.0, but they say it works better for warmer climates. And CarPro`s web site or Google has nothing saying whether you can use Gliss with Tio2. I guess I was overlooking Tio until today because for some reason I was mistaking it for an entry level offering.
    Either one would work fine here in So Cal. I am currently testing both. I had no issues applying CQUK 3.0 during the summer.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1644933

You certainly can top TiO2 with Gliss.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...p-cquartz.html

TiO2 offers reflectivity with the TiO2 addition into the SiO2 make up.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz has converted me from Gtechniq. Cquartz water behavior is great, very affordable and I like the look I have not tried classic cquartz. I am trying to use up the varied toppers I have so I tip 1 per month. I have so many toppers they are all similar...@coating=crack I did same thing mixing into echo trying to use up these products
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t wan to post a new thread but I was looking at soft 99s new h9 coating two part system it’s 200ml of base 200mls of top coat which is a lot of product
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine ordered a bottle of beadlock and he said it was one of the easiest coatings he had applied. I have not heard back on water behavior or initial performance.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine ordered a bottle of beadlock and he said it was one of the easiest coatings he had applied. I have not heard back on water behavior or initial performance.
    Guz did you ever get any update on the beadlock from your friend?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have not. He’s been in Japan for a year so he texts every now and then. The last post he sent me was how many applications he got from a 100ml bottle.

You can follow my 2020 1 year coating test. Will post updates within the next two weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information