Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Heh heh, gee, you fans of these products aren`t making them sound very appealing

I`m glad you`re finding combos you`re happy with, but it doesn`t sound easy-peasy Accumulator-proof. Eh, that`s OK...while I think it`s great that they`re making this stuff it still sounds like the solution to a problem I don`t have.

Post Thanks / Like

Made a special trip to The Wall for $6 of SnS. They had multiple bottles.

Will be comparing it to the only thing out there it seems to compare to Sonax BSD. I’m fascinated by companies like this who make great & terrible products. Obviously, enough people have praised SnS so it’s legit.

In reality, I’ll wax a car for giggles - but primarily just use BSD because it’s easier & better than almost any LSP IME.
    Likes SWETM, Ollever liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Swanicyouth- With the apparently varying takes on how user-friendly it is, I`ll look forward to your opinion on that.

Heh heh, for a product I don`t think I want to try, I sure do find it interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it over the weekend as a drying aid. Had just a couple of spots where I got a slight streak due to over application. My fault. Wiped away easily. Very slick and the look is nice. This was applied over a fairly recent coat of 1000p.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene
    Likes Dan, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, you lost me there! If TW`s deficiencies were in the past, eh...why let that bias you now? I can`t think of one manufacturer of Detailing stuff who hasn`t had some [crappy] product that disappointed me.

Sorry, sorry, I know I shouldn`t be busting your [bits] like that... Guess I agree with your hypocritical side that tried their Wax Max Wash Or maybe it`s just another of those Accumulator Things..I really like that TW is offering something this good to their target customers.
    No, you are not "busting" me in any way. But no, I am not a Turtle Wax "Target" customer, but I am a Walmart customer. (Pun intended!).
    Hey I thought it was "punny" (you know, funny and pun combined...NEVER MIND!!!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

As I was applying PA Viking Spritz to a car today I was thinking about this thread and pondering if a $8 dollar product could give a $80 product a run for it`s money. Even if it`s just 80% as good, it`s so much damn cheaper. This and Meg`s Fast Finish are my next 2 purchases. And that`s a good change for me. These very forums had me run to buy PA, Gyeon & Kamikaze - to name a few. It`s nice that I`m excited to buy an $8 product from Turtle Wax lol.
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    As I was applying PA Viking Spritz to a car today I was thinking about this thread and pondering if a $8 dollar product could give a $80 product a run for it`s money. Even if it`s just 80% as good, it`s so much damn cheaper. This and Meg`s Fast Finish are my next 2 purchases. And that`s a good change for me. These very forums had me run to buy PA, Gyeon & Kamikaze - to name a few. It`s nice that I`m excited to buy an $8 product from Turtle Wax lol.
    Yes, if you’re searching for value, the luxury brands aren’t the way to go. People who must have that extra 5-20% extra looks/performance/whatever are the main targets for those brands.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Heh heh, per usual, you and I are on the same page after all.

And yeah, I did get that Target quip

And heh heh#2, I still kinda like shopping at Walmart! Most of their customers seem to think I`m LE or a Loss Prevention Officer or somesuch, so it`s like Moses parting the Red Sea with everybody trying to stay out of my way while avoiding eye contact.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I applied mine today after the car wash so it had some water on it but was 90% free of water. Applied just fine. Smell is kinda idk trying to place it. Like petroleum scent of sort or maybe it’s some sort of masculine cologne like smell. Not unpleasant but not like candy fruit type some companies like.

I didn’t prep other than wash. See how the self cleaning etc works for me

I was using the ice spray wax with very happy positive results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I applied mine today after the car wash so it had some water on it but was 90% free of water. Applied just fine..
    Ah, maybe it *will* work as a Drying Aid (at least within reason).

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see a problem using it as a drying aid. Just gonna water it down a little. The water did run from it in typical drying aid fashion.

Not that pics on the internet mean anything and it was already shiny as heck to me but here it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Honestly my opinion these days is there is a lot of smoke & mirror in these products. A lot of stuff give you warm feels because you paid a lot for it and it comes in a fancy bottle, etc...

And then people review them & say they are wonderful. I’m sure they are fine - but does this high dollar fancy product give you any discernible difference in the end result? Sometimes yes. A lot of times no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Honestly ..[sensible observation]....
    Heh heh, yeah...what you said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Honestly my opinion these days is there is a lot of smoke & mirror in these products. A lot of stuff give you warm feels because you paid a lot for it and it comes in a fancy bottle, etc...

And then people review them & say they are wonderful. I’m sure they are fine - but does this high dollar fancy product give you any discernible difference in the end result? Sometimes yes. A lot of times no.
    Some products may have cost a lot to research and use higher quality ingredients, impacting the cost. More than just “smoke and mirrors”, but we all have our opinions. You appear to have been scourned by costly products in the past (just my guess based on your posting). Sorry that may have occurred, but your opinions, like those who review and enjoy their products, are only opinions. To each their own, and we all choose what we want to post about our opinions.

I’m sure TW can offset research costs with the quantities sold, but I also look at how they are finally coming up with a spray like this (ultra hydrophobic, probably SiO2 enhanced) well after the boutique companies paved the way. Reverse engineering is another way to keep costs down, even if not a very respectable way of doing things IMO.
    Dislikes Ollever disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Some products may have cost a lot to research and use higher quality ingredients, impacting the cost. More than just “smoke and mirrors”, but we all have our opinions. You appear to have been scourned by costly products in the past (just my guess based on your posting). Sorry that may have occurred, but your opinions, like those who review and enjoy their products, are only opinions. To each their own, and we all choose what we want to post about our opinions.

I’m sure TW can offset research costs with the quantities sold, but I also look at how they are finally coming up with a spray like this (ultra hydrophobic, probably SiO2 enhanced) well after the boutique companies paved the way. Reverse engineering is another way to keep costs down, even if not a very respectable way of doing things IMO.
    I’d have to respectfully disagree. I’d call it 200% smoke and mirrors. Most of these “boutique” companies have been making overblown claims for years selling us the same stuff over and over again in different bottles.

We’ve all been bent over and taken for a ride so many times we just accept it as business as usual. That’s why those of us that have been here for years have shelves and shelves full of products and we only use the same core few that actually meet (and rarely exceed) the actual claims the manufacturer makes or are barely any different than the last product we bought.

Very rarely does anyone bring anything new, improved, or unique to this market. And, when someone actually does; what do the rest of these companies do? Go out and copy it to the best of their ability.

How many coatings out there that claim “up to 2 years” that barely last 6 mos? How many 15 & 21mm polishers are out there that happen to have the same exact throw/shape/& basic design as Rupes? You ever see an 18mm throw polisher? Nope. And you never will. Too easy to copy what’s already been done.

So now something comes out that seems to destroy everything else like it and it costs $6. I can only lol and cheer them on.
    Likes bodidly22, Dan, Junebug, Ollever liked this post

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information