Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Don, WOW! That`s certainly an eye-opening result! I haven`t purchased a Turtle Wax product for decades.....
    I haven`t bought any Turtle Wax product since the late 80`s, it was always too difficult to use compared to the other brands. This Seal & Shine changes everything.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it. Please keep us updated. Thank you.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be curious if this attracts dust more so than CMX/HCW/other SiO2 toppers due to the carnauba content.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still getting a feel for the Hybrid sealant but the ICE Spray Wax is a very solid performer. One thing that surprised me the most about the Spray Wax is the non stick effect. Most bugs wash off in a rain.

I also really like the ICE Wash and Wax. $6 for 48oz of wash is a solid deal. Great lubricity and adds a nice bit of shine as well as a really strong darkening effect on trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’d be curious if this attracts dust more so than CMX/HCW/other SiO2 toppers due to the carnauba content.
    Not that I`ve noticed, IMO there is nothing more than a sprinkle of carnauba in there, just to say it is there. That said, it is a nice dry spray sealant, not a greasy detailer like spray.
    Thanks acuRAS82, felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I just picked this up for $6.97. I`ll find something to test it on.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

The slickness produced by the Shine n’ Seal makes me want to sell my bottle of CMX, DPC Armor, Fast Finish, and Reload; I’ll keep the HCW.

Post Thanks / Like

Seal N Shine holds a very clear advantage against most spray sealants that I`ve tested in terms of short term chemical resistance. 303 Touchless Sealant is another strong performer as well, easily outperforming HCW, CMX, Cure, Reload, The Last Coat, F11, Armor, and Bead Maker in this type of test. What 303 and Seal N Shine have in common is they`re both heavy products. Touchless Sealant especially, this stuff has been a bit of a nightmare in terms of wipeability and I`ve seen some very heavy streaking. Seal N Shine you can wipe it clean but it`s definitely not designed to be a light topper like Bead Maker or V7, and I`ve seen some reports from guys with darker paints that have seen heavy streaking working on hot surfaces. I also noticed slight streaking when topping my 1 year untopped section of CQUK 3.0 with Seal N Shine, and a slight drop in hydrophobic performance as opposed to CQUK topped with Bead Maker which has been a great duo in the late term.

Companies will make claims with regards to chemical resistance, and Seal N Shine has finally offered what it really looks like to have an oleophobic and hydrophobic chemical resistance to a wide variety of chemicals and solvents. I think it`s a great addition to their lineup and a clear choice for those that want proven visible chemical resistance. HCW, CMX, and SNS have all been great products to work with and test out this year. Different strengths and weaknesses with each product.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes tyusaf, Don, SWETM, VitreousHumor, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks tyusaf, Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m little confused. Are we talking about 2 products here - Ice Spray Wax/Sealant and Seal N Shine? If so, which was the OP originally talking about? Forgive my denseness but I sorta feel like we switched horses in the middle of the race. Interested in trying whichever one the OP was blown away by at the beginning of this thread. Thanks.
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    I`m little confused. Are we talking about 2 products here - Ice Spray Wax/Sealant and Seal N Shine? If so, which was the OP originally talking about? Forgive my denseness but I sorta feel like we switched horses in the middle of the race. Interested in trying whichever one the OP was blown away by at the beginning of this thread. Thanks.

Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

It can streak if you over apply, less is more guys. Be more careful in the sun.

As it holds up to bug spray, it’s already a winner for me. Very visible protection when doing a bug spray pre wash on the front of my car at the moment.

I still like bead maker; it’s literally idiot proof, I can’t make it streak and there is no problem for me on windows either, so as a ‘walk around the car first’ drying aid, it’s better than ‘one panel at a time’ Turtle Wax. I use either depending on time available and the weather.

Glad they’ve hit on a winning formula/ingredient for us OTC folks.
    --Tosh
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This is the next beadmaker
    This is the next BSD!
    --Tosh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyusaf View Post
    This is the next BSD!
    I was poking fun of the hype similar to beadmaker.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes tyusaf, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Seal N Shine holds a very clear advantage against most spray sealants that I`ve tested in terms of short term chemical resistance. 303 Touchless Sealant is another strong performer as well, easily outperforming HCW, CMX, Cure, Reload, The Last Coat, F11, Armor, and Bead Maker in this type of test. What 303 and Seal N Shine have in common is they`re both heavy products. Touchless Sealant especially, this stuff has been a bit of a nightmare in terms of wipeability and I`ve seen some very heavy streaking. Seal N Shine you can wipe it clean but it`s definitely not designed to be a light topper like Bead Maker or V7, and I`ve seen some reports from guys with darker paints that have seen heavy streaking working on hot surfaces. I also noticed slight streaking when topping my 1 year untopped section of CQUK 3.0 with Seal N Shine, and a slight drop in hydrophobic performance as opposed to CQUK topped with Bead Maker which has been a great duo in the late term.

Companies will make claims with regards to chemical resistance, and Seal N Shine has finally offered what it really looks like to have an oleophobic and hydrophobic chemical resistance to a wide variety of chemicals and solvents. I think it`s a great addition to their lineup and a clear choice for those that want proven visible chemical resistance. HCW, CMX, and SNS have all been great products to work with and test out this year. Different strengths and weaknesses with each product.
    If your findings hold true on my vehicle, SNS will be my go to for LSP until I coat. Chemical resistance is quite an attractive trait for me, I do a non ph-neutral wash twice a month.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the ICE Spray Wax (not related to OPs topic) many times and it is very nice. I think I will purchase the SNS now, you all have convinced me. My wife will be pissed at you all when she sees it.
    Likes Dan, SWETM, Oneheadlite, MattPersman liked this post

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information