Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Guys, has anyone used this product for an extended period (1 year, for example) and seen what it can do? Does it offer any long-term protection? How new is this Turtle Wax product?
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

It came out late spring. After mother`s CMX.
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh, I didn`t realize that, Dan. I thought it had been around for a while. So, I guess I can`t ask the `how long will it last` in the real world question.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a spray sealant of sorts. It’s probably a 3 month product with no additional coats if I had to guess. I don’t believe they are giving a fake long time line of “up to a year” like some companies have tried to pull on ya

I feel most people have had good success with it. There can be application issues like any product. I have read or seen it probably with everything made so take all those with a grain of salt

Would I take Gyeon can coat for the same $ ? you bet I would. But it’s just not that price point

It’s performance for $ is simply very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes acuRAS82, Oneheadlite, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And that to me is the biggest attraction of SNS, its cheap enough to use as a drying aid and it has coating like looks and release properties. Also works good on trim. And it removes fresh water spots very well.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I have a bottle of CanCoat. I also have Moonlight, IGL Premiere and PBL. Plus another 8-10 other non-“lite” SiO2 toppers. Just not enough cars to use them on.

I ask all these questions to try to understand if it’s really the coating that looks so great, is it the topper or is it the combo of coating plus topper (at least in the case of Cquartz and UK) that wow people so much? It seems to me everyone tops Cquartz with Gliss, Reload, CanCoat or other, but maybe that’s not the case with UK... I don’t recall. So I’m not sure what part of the process adds that amazing pop.

Were you in “wow” mode prior to applying CanCoat or after the CanCoat? Seems like you loved the look of UK 3.0 the morning after applying, then applied CanCoat and still loved it. Then adding Overcoat or Cosmic later, it remained looking “wow” but the same. If Ive followed correctly?
    Was wowed after 1st Application of CQUK3. It looked great after the polish but that’s where I saw difference. I have one panel with just CQuK3 and I didnt really see a difference. Cancoat I think was not needed but I want to add that once a year.

My idea on toppers is just to help protect/extend life of coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a thought, TW SNS topping Carpro Essence or Essence+? Thoughts? Then touching up the layer of TW with some sort of product containing a wax or SiO2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Just had a thought, TW SNS topping Carpro Essence or Essence+? Thoughts? Then touching up the layer of TW with some sort of product containing a wax or SiO2?
    TW would do just fine on Essence Extreme and might benefit from the additional gloss. Layering on top of that is just more for fun I think, but would recommend if doing a SiO2 product, to consider putting underneath TW first (to settle with Essence), unless you aren’t happy enough with TW performance then putting SiO2 product on top would do that. The TW underneath or on tippy top will help with chemical resistance I think.

I wouldn’t add wax on top of all of this unless it’s a show car that doesn’t see bad weather or dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting inputs from everyone, as I read this whole thread....Your going to get different results depending on the type of paint, condition, weather & the operator...There`s always going to be a product for everyone depending on what your looking for....I`m not one to jump on the newest greatest whatever comes out. I`ve seen these, 3 products (Megs, Mothers, TW) out for awhile & figured it was the marketing guys at work as the Griots Poly wax works for me after using Wolfgangs uber compound w/ a Griots 5.5`` m/f pad, Griots correcting cream on my wifes rx....So after reading all this, I`ll have to get some of this SNS, as at times I don`t feel like climbing up to get to the roof on the rx. Everyone should make a visit to their local Wallyworld once a year......LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Will Give This SNS A Try For Sure -
    *** MOTORCYCLES *** ROADSTERS *** PICKUP TRUCKS ***

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Thread Information