Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

I`m really loving this stuff. Only bad thing I can say is it smells like old school bissel carpet shampoo. The looks are awesome, it really perks up silver and white even. Feels super slick but not greasy and is fairly durable. I keep reaching for this stuff and not my expensive boutique stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff has been holding up to my automatic car wash on my car since applied a few months ago. Most of the products will get wasted by the contamination and or car wash itself and have many flat spots

Good beading still. Shiny. I don’t know why or how the spray works so well. We know from the videos out there it isn’t the glossiest on initial application. But to my eye it looks good

Stuff rocks for the $.

It’s not the best product out there. Something like cquartz is better, UK etc. but prep is so much more and one application is like 40-50 bucks

The normal ice spray wax is also good but i don’t think it will last as long and bead quite as well

Would have to do a half and half on a car to know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be something in it that attracts dust though. My car quickly gets a fine uniform layer of dust. Its on all the panels too so that makes me think there some type of static attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they did that on purpose so you`d wash your car more often with their products----LOL
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

I sprayed this stuff on my wife`s car a couple of months ago. It doesn`t seem to shed dirt, etc. as well as a quality coating, but it`s still beading like mad. Doesn`t appear to be any degradation in the product yet...
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff is legit, not just at a low price. The reality is - nobody could tell the diff between SnS and any other coating or LSP by how it looks. The best part is, you can use it on any material on the outside of your car and it’s fast.

This and BSD or the only LSPs I use. No time or desire to use anything else when you can just apply this in a few mins, get great performance, and be done with it. This product seems very similar to BSD to me. Even the smell is somewhat similar to me.

I would try to stock up. Past history says they likely will discontinue it.

Post Thanks / Like

No disrespect but my coated parts and uncoated hood (had SNS, Cosmic) hood are night and day difference on my car in the sunlight. Not giant difference in looks vs Cosmic. Noticeable performance difference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    No disrespect but my coated parts and uncoated hood (had SNS, Cosmic) hood are night and day difference on my car in the sunlight. Not giant difference in looks vs Cosmic. Noticeable performance difference
    Clarify?

Night and day difference between Coating vs SNS and Coating vs Cosmic (except for Cosmic looks similar but water behavior isn’t near as good?). Or am I getting it wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Coating vs SNS/Cosmic in looks......

Cosmic vs PNS didn’t see huge difference in Gloss but self cleaned (beads rolled off much better......

Post Thanks / Like

Coating vs SNS/Cosmic in looks......

Cosmic vs PNS didn’t see huge difference in Gloss but self cleaned (beads rolled off much better......
    So UK 3.0 (I think?) is really glossy, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    There seems to be something in it that attracts dust though. My car quickly gets a fine uniform layer of dust. Its on all the panels too so that makes me think there some type of static attraction.
    It seems to repel dust for me. My uncoated windows are a lot dustier than my SNS coated panels. Maybe next round you can do a side by side with your favorite product and SNS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    So UK 3.0 (I think?) is really glossy, huh?
    Most LSP’s applied before always gave me a sense of satisfaction. I’ve never used a high end wax but have tried a lot of over the counters waxes used ton of different sealants. Even tried cosmic and overcoat on bare paint. The coating was the first that gave me a total WOW difference from any other LSP I’ve used before.

The paint looked like glassy candy. I don’t know if my specific combo, paint, or what but will be coating everything I own from now on.

I have 2 coats CQUK3 1 coat Cancoat. I noticed the difference from the 1st coat, didn’t see a huge difference from 2nd coat. I wanna say I saw more gloss with Cancoat but who knows. I polished right before and that made a huge difference but the coating definitely up the gloss.

Couldn’t stop looking at my car and grinning for a month. If you haven’t tried a coating yet I would recommend.

I did it in May and topped afterwards with cosmic, have since put more cosmic, over coat and now Clutch on it. Probably over doing

Post Thanks / Like

I did it in May and topped afterwards with cosmic, have since put more cosmic, over coat and now Clutch on it. Probably over doing
    How long was it just coating + Cancoat? When you did top with Cosmic did the look become less impressive than the CarPro combo alone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    How long was it just coating + Cancoat? When you did top with Cosmic did the look become less impressive than the CarPro combo alone?
    I topped next morning where’d you normally put on the reload. I didn’t look any worse but didn’t look any better.

Cosmic is a nice looking stand alone but no camparison to a coating... I know you’ve been holding off but you should try. If you want I’ll send you some cancoat to try just need a to find a suitable container.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of CanCoat. I also have Moonlight, IGL Premiere and PBL. Plus another 8-10 other non-“lite” SiO2 toppers. Just not enough cars to use them on.

I ask all these questions to try to understand if it’s really the coating that looks so great, is it the topper or is it the combo of coating plus topper (at least in the case of Cquartz and UK) that wow people so much? It seems to me everyone tops Cquartz with Gliss, Reload, CanCoat or other, but maybe that’s not the case with UK... I don’t recall. So I’m not sure what part of the process adds that amazing pop.

Were you in “wow” mode prior to applying CanCoat or after the CanCoat? Seems like you loved the look of UK 3.0 the morning after applying, then applied CanCoat and still loved it. Then adding Overcoat or Cosmic later, it remained looking “wow” but the same. If Ive followed correctly?
    Likes Dan liked this post

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information