Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Drying aids make the water change behavior and SNS does this. There is some lube too it’s another liquid

There is no official anything to go by just try it for the 6-10 bucks and see how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    From what I gather you use a drying aid to keep the towel from marring the paint. To do that you would want product with better lubricity which usually comes from a cleaning product. BUT.... if your going to spray something on and wipe something off why not add some protection. That’s why I use a Merlin’s mix as I get lubricity I need from the waterless and protection the sio2 sealant.

If I were to use one I would use the QD as it has more lubricity bought at the price their offered at I’d give a 50/50 mix of both a try

I feel that I properly dry the car only when I’m using a spray along with my drying towel. I just don’t want to use my expensive sonax detailer spray every time I dry the car Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I just don’t want to use my expensive sonax detailer spray every time I dry the car..
    That kind of savings is one reason why I like that my IUDJ works about as well as my QDs (not that I`m likely to use up all the latter ).

FWIW, the presumably minimal cleaning ability/lubricity of OCW (not sure about UQW/D156 as I don`t like it on paint) is sufficient to avoid marring from *minimal* residual dirt, at least IME doing it the way I do. But no, it`s NOT in the same league as a RW/QD though, and yeah..those mixes do sound like a good way to go.

I feel that I properly dry the car only when I’m using a spray along with my drying towel.
    I`ve come to feel the same way, if only because my Drying Aids do leave a little something behind, and over time both my wife and I have noticed that cars dried that way look a little bit better. Eh, note that I like to stretch my LSPing intervals, so such a diff might not be applicable to more Autopian types who LSP more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

Been almost five weeks now since applying tw-Sns on the Buick. It was asked how it compared to fusso coat. From the beginning tw doesn`t have the crazy water behavior that fusso does. Now this is the ymmv. Here where I live now, fusso was dying ad about week four. This wasn`t the case at other places I`ve lived. Yesterday was a big downpour here. The beading on the Buick with tw, looks the same as it did in the beginning. The car has made three 1,200 mile round trips to the dr`s. Been in near 100 degree temps. Been in temps as low as the 40`s. Rain, driven in rain, hail, pretty much everything but snow. Bugs washed off fairly easy after a few days of baking. They weren`t as easy as fusso was to clean. It doesn`t self clean as well as the CMX did. For me, and where I currently live, this is a winner. One layer no topping with anything including a quick detailer.

Now I want to see just how long it does last. This is doing much better that any other sealant I`ve tried here at this house. This is my go to now till I get around to a coating for it.
    Likes acuRAS82, MattPersman, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Diner, SNP209 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is what rain looks like half the time here. Small hail mixed with the rain. It`s crazy here.

Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!-img_0445.jpg

And still falling.

IMG_0451.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Colorado are you bud?

Post Thanks / Like

Got some yesterday. I don’t know if this was due to weather- but it was extremely hot and humid outside when I sprayed some on the car. Needless to say it streaked and was grabby. Car was freshly washed.

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got some yesterday. I don’t know if this was due to weather- but it was extremely hot and humid outside when I sprayed some on the car. Needless to say it streaked and was grabby. Car was freshly washed.

Could very well have been the temp/humidity. Get some ICE Spray Detailer and wipe the car down with that. That cured the streaking on my black Camaro.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it the way it says to use it on the sprayer, and also as a drying aid. I like eithr way.Great gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

I had same problems. Removal was not grabby for me though. Was like trying to remove oil from paint stuffs not the greatest to apply. CP Reset wash did trick for me. Try washing it. Stuff pretty good after that.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what instances it is grabby in, for me, its like any other QD, I haven`t had issue with coated vs non, using wet or dry. CMX is very grabby in comparison and almost as much of a hassle as a regular wax.
    Likes minerigger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update on the TW S&S. two and a half months later. It rained a bit yesterday. The roof and hood of the Buick has lost most of its water beading behavior. The sides still looked good though. I`m still impressed. This last twice as long as othe sealants I`ve tried here.

Seems to show for me the sun sun is the killer for my lsp`s.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is good but man is it a pain to work with on single stage. I just washed the car. Applied this product on a freshly washed and dried surface. It streaked like a mother f***** so I got pissed and just used a different product.

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is good but man is it a pain to work with on single stage...
    Huh, was that *modern* ss? Older-tech ss can really "soak up" product, often unevenly, but I`d always expected recent versions to be better.

Post Thanks / Like

Put this on my son`s car about a week ago. Very impressive, particularly for a $10 product. No idea of longevity, of course, but it looks and feels great.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information