Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could this be TURTLE WAX??!!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’m hurt! You don’t read my posts, lol. I’ve been pushing IGL Premier as the number 2 spray on topper/sealant I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve read your post on premier.... what’s #1?

Post Thanks / Like

Overcoat I believe

Post Thanks / Like

There are too many products, that`s the problem, When I got into detailing I was starry eyed and wanted to keep up with the jones when it came to new products. I have a bottle of Overcoat *somewhere* that I`ve never even used. And I know I have multiple bottles of probably similarly priced stuff that I never used that I don`t even remember buying. The person`s car I used Viking Spritz on wouldn`t see a difference between that and the TW probably (white car though) I used an $80 product so my brain`s telling me it has to be better. And while I`m sure it probably is, I`d also probably need a glossmeter machine to show me there`s a difference unless I was starring at it uber close up. And I don`t know, but to me if I need a machine like a glossmeter or something so I can know a product`s better. Maybe I should be looking at other products.

That said, I`ll always have an impossible time not buying hand made craft beer like detailing stuff. Just now I`m going to go out and try this TW and give companies I`ve been programmed to hate certain companies. Armor All`s where I refuse to ever give in.

You have to draw the line somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve read your post on premier.... what’s #1?

Yep, Overcoat. It lasts just as long but has an edge in gloss, especially on initial application. I now own a gloss meter and this fall will try to put numbers to all the toppers I own. It may take some time but it should prove interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I detailed for over 10 years and only stopped in 2015 because of back surgery. I haven`t been on this forum in years but I got bored and decided to drop by. Not much new except some love for TW and their new product here. I probably gave away, threw away and pissed away several hundred dollars worth of stuff when I stopped. I kept a few things of course and me and the wife would wash/wax our cars together. It`s nice to just do your stuff and not have to deal with some POS that Bubba thinks the scratches will "wax" out and 35 dollars for a 8-10 hour detail is fair. So, not missing the detail biz one bit and lately YouTube has had much better in an educational sense information than any forum I`ve ever been on. I bought that 20 buck Mothers stuff and frankly, it wasn`t very good. I actually gave it to the kid at O`riely`s as I bought the TW. My first impressions are very positive and like the Camaro guy, after a rain and it looks fine.

For what it`s worth, anybody looking at detailing for yourself or maybe getting into it as a part time enterprise. Don`t get blinded by the hype and claims from the boutique stuff, don`t think you`ll save money buying in bulk, - OK - let me explain, 8 oz of Wonder Goo is 10 dollars but you can get a gallon for 75. So you get the gallon and Wonder Goo sucks big time, now you`re out 75 instead of 10, see how that works? To be fair, it took me a couple times before I figured that out! Don`t get snobby, that 17 adjectives wax that`s like a car payment isn`t any better than the cheap stuff, and ONLY the idiots that spent $$$ will disagree.

Lastly - PLEASE for everything you call holy, take care of your back! Surgery was successful for me, but I still remember my surgeons last words to me when he cleared me to go back to work after 13 weeks, take care of your spine or you`ll be seeing me again and it won`t be pretty.
    JUNEBUG!!!
    it is soooo nice to hear from you again. Last I remember, you were power-wash cleaning house exteriors as supplemental income to your detailing business, with less physical work.

Sorry about your back. You seem to join a fraternity of long-time detailers who have suffered with that "occupational hazard".

You were THE ONE who "liked" my post on Bio-Kleen`s Black Streak RV Cleaner (good stuff!):
    Clean Black Streaks on an Aluminum Camper with Bio-Kleen Black Streak Remover
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    That said, I`ll always have an impossible time not buying hand made craft beer like detailing stuff. Just now I`m going to go out and try this TW and give companies I`ve been programmed to hate certain companies. Armor All`s where I refuse to ever give in.

You have to draw the line somewhere...
    Ha! I’m into trying every craft beer as well, because I don’t like thinking that I missed out on something really good, but at the same time I had no problem drinking PBR or well liquor depending on the circumstances.

Similarly, I have no issues trying out TW. My brother got me a TW ICE kit with a detail bag many years ago when I got my TSX. And it was about 3-4 years ago when I started playing around more than just the car wash and liquid wax that led to my interest in getting back to keeping my car nice. I liked some of those early ICE products and really liked the newer ICE spray wax when I bought it. Despite the old hard shell crap I used 20 years ago as a teenager to keep my car “immaculate” (albeit with terrible washing and drying habits), I always kept a warm spot in my heart for TW because it’s what I started with... plus the cool green, transparent plastic shell top that you could store the applicator in.

As for Armorall, I used to slather the extra glossy stuff over my entire 1989 Honda Accord interior weekly. I got so many compliments while driving friends around to parties, including from the ladies... I thought the stuff was the best. It actually took me awhile when I got back into detailing to accept the fact that greasy, glossy vinyl may not be so cool as a 30 year old adult in the 2000’s. All those high school comments in the 1990’s were ingrained in my memory. Nonetheless, I have since found many natural looking protectants that I, and my wife prefer much more.

Anyways, no shame in using TW.
    Likes minerigger, Dan, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine vs Soft 99 Fusso Coat on the Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube. A very even race but I think that Fusso Coat got the win. As far as chemical resistance the TW SNS is very impresive for being a such as cheap product at least in the US. Here in Sweden the price is $20 for it.

Would like to hear more of the durability of the TW SNS. But maybe since it`s cheap and most people don`t let it go as long until it`s fails. Could be the reason why the longevity from it in the real world use has not been mentioned. And that`s a rather new product or at least since it`s got discovered in the detailing scene. Chemical resistance and longevity don`t necessary goes hand in hand. But chemical resistance and the protection is more compareble. I have it and will use it as soon as I`m able to. Would be interesting to see how it would hold up over a winter here in Sweden.

Ive used fusso coat. I now have the tw sns on the car now. I`ll see if the tw holds on better for me in real life than fusso coat did here.
    Likes SWETM, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks SWETM, Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Overcoat. It lasts just as long but has an edge in gloss, especially on initial application. I now own a gloss meter and this fall will try to put numbers to all the toppers I own. It may take some time but it should prove interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Excited to see that!

Post Thanks / Like

And note for all:

if I did this as a business I doubt I’d use any boutique products for business needs. Most consumers would be WOW’d with the polish and would need just something to protect it.

The way I see it is the 500 ml bottle of cosmic I bought for $100 will give me at least 24 coats. If I over do at 10 apps a year (I will) it be about $4 a month. With soap and other chemicals I use I’ll spend less than $20 a month maintaining the looks of my car. I use to spend $60 a month tunnel washing.

Now I enjoy maintaining my car as pristine as I can and SAVING money on my hobby so I am willing to spend 80% more for 30% more for performance.

We need to keep proper perspective on how products are used, for hobby or business.

Likes SWETM, acuRAS82, Oneheadlite, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m hurt! You don’t read my posts, lol...
    Gee, I must be guilty as charged

Guess I`ve been kinda blowing off most LSP-related posts since I`m not looking to upgrade, that just caught my attention for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve run a 5 month pure durability test of Meguiar`s HCW against Seal N Shine on the other test car:

Overall pretty good results from both products on the middle sections of the doors compared to the unprotected control. Top portion of the doors are showing a lot of weathering.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes rlmccarty2000, SWETM, MattPersman liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite, SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Overall pretty good results from both products on the middle sections of the doors compared to the unprotected control. Top portion of the doors are showing a lot of weathering.
    I guess that’s because the curved upper side panel takes the rain hits and sun?

Post Thanks / Like

My Update:

It`s been almost a month since I applied the ICE Seal N Shine to the Camaro. Since then it has been rained on (seemingly endlessly), driven in the rain, minor bird droppings etc. All I have done since applying it is to use the ICE Spray Detailer to get rid of a few stubborn streaks a few days after application and a weekly wash with Meguiar`s Hyperwash.
    I washed it again this morning and I WAS going to reapply the SNS, just because, but I ended up not reapplying it ....
    The water beading is still very strong (during the rinse), even on the sides behind the tires where the spray hits while driving, it`s like the stuff is unaffected by the constant spray. "Flood" rinsing the car leaves it almost completely dry, which means less wiping and less wringing of the drying microfiber.
    The `look` is still there, highly glossy and reflective (I know, that has more to do with the prep than the LSP), but the water beading is still so strong that I didn`t even bother to give it a booster application - "just to keep it at 100%."
    I ended up buying out my Walmart I`m so impressed with this stuff.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes acuRAS82, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For 6 bucks this stuff is a no brainer. I put it on my mail box and my Traeger today just for the heck of it

Likes Oneheadlite, tom p., Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Currently available on the ‘zon as add on for $4.80 FYI.

John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information