Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Boi vacs vs Metro blowers

Forget all of that, go with a master blaster 8hp with a 30 foot hose, it is the BEST for drying (Coupled with a Dry me a river towel).
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes Stokdgs, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Forget all of that, go with a master blaster 8hp with a 30 foot hose, it is the BEST for drying (Coupled with a Dry me a river towel).
    Although I`ve never used a Metro I have seen and held one. The hose alone on the BigBoi would make me choose it. I hate PIA hoses and the BigBoi is much more substantial in that area.

Probably a personal thing cuz I work for a swimming pool service company and hoses are a particular thorn in my side...I gave the BigBoi Mini a quick try last fall and the minute I saw and felt the hose, I was in. Yeah, hoses bug me that much

In the pool biz, best analogy is Professional Grade vs. Consumer Grade. When I first saw BigBoi hose I immediately thought of the Professional Grade 50ft vac hoses we use at work. To us, they`re known as `double helix` hoses and when not stretched out, have a flatter texture, no prominent ridges between the coils. A bit heavier but far, far easier to deal with when coiling, un-coiling.

The consumer grade are thinner walled, stiffer, more prone to tangling and harder to coil and un-coil. Prominent ridged texture whether stretched out or at rest. They`re a bit lighter but who cares when it`s a kinky, tangled mess?

See, I`m getting all worked up about stupid hoses. Anyway, the hose in particular was the reason I never jumped in to the whole air-drying thing before...all of `em just seemed irritating to me. While the 30ft hose on the BlowrPro is a bit heavier, it`s just so much more enjoyable to use, stretched out to 30ft or in shorter needs. Like anything, all a personal preference but for me, the hose on all the other units I tried or just held was a deal killer. Now to see if the BigBoi hose can handle a few years of being dragged across my driveway.

Post Thanks / Like

Although the hose is nicer (Trust me I love quality hoses), the MB 30 I keep on for two reasons. 1. that hose has been dragged across cement, gravel, oil, rust, hundreds of times and it works perfect. 2. Parts from MV are always available and can be bought directly on the website (Including motors and switches).
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Although the hose is nicer (Trust me I love quality hoses), the MB 30 I keep on for two reasons. 1. that hose has been dragged across cement, gravel, oil, rust, hundreds of times and it works perfect. 2. Parts from MV are always available and can be bought directly on the website (Including motors and switches).
    Only time will tell on the hose, my driveway will certainly give it a workout. Point #2 is *very* valid given that BigBoi is not a US company. Hopefully it proves to be a non-issue but ya really never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Yes, it works very well, no problems there. I had the heat on low and off rather than on high so I could have gotten my car drier a bit quicker. There is a 9m hose available for the MINI. If you do get the MINI wait and see how you like working with the shorter 3.5m hose.
    Thanks -- I`m sold. As soon as it`s back in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmath View Post
    Thanks -- I`m sold. As soon as it`s back in stock.
    Welcome. How long is the wait?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Welcome. How long is the wait?
    I didn`t see an indication. There was a "Notify me when back in stock" box so they`ll email me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been dragging the cumbersome hose of my Master Blaster across my asphalt driveway for more than seven years now. The air concentrator is beginning to split, but the hose is still in perfect condition.

And my Blaster gets very hot in the summer. It`s so hot after about twenty minutes that it`s difficult to hold without gloves.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)
    Likes The Driver liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Only time will tell on the hose, my driveway will certainly give it a workout. Point #2 is *very* valid given that BigBoi is not a US company. Hopefully it proves to be a non-issue but ya really never know.
    Yeah, I actually just ordered a bunch of replacement parts of Metro this week. New attachments, denim bag, and a new metal top hat because I broke locking pin on the last one. I do like the bigboi`s though, they are sharp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information