Post Thanks / Like

AA 12V Car Vacuum

With less and less time on my hands, I wanted to find a vacuum I could use while being away from home, for times when I`m waiting in the car for someone else. Instead of surfing the forums, I can do a bit of cleanup. I wanted something cheap enough and small enough to leave in a car. It needed to have some basic attachments and enough power for everyday dirt. I looked around and most of the products in this segment have pretty poor reviews, in most cases due to unreasonable expectations (lots of reviews comparing power to the vacuums are a coin op car wash!)

I found the Armor All 12V Car Vacuum, the reviews online were beter than most of the other options. I like that it had a built in crevice too and a brush attachment. The coiled cord and carry bag were a nice touch. I picked it up for just a hair under $20. While availabe online at Amazon for slightly less, I wanted to grab it locally in case it was a dud.

In my initial use, it appears to be everything I needed. Power is good, its not amazing, but seems to have similar power to a cordless brushless vaccum we have that cost many times more than this. Small pebbles and sand seem to be no issue. I really like the crevice too, it integrates into the vacuum and won`t easily get misplaced. This won`t replace anyone`s shopvac, but it seems perfect for those quick cleanups when you have 5 or 10 minutes while you are waiting for someone. It also does wet cleanup, though I will only use that in an emergency, but it is nice to know if an accidental spill occurs, I can do some quick cleanup.

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AA 12V Car Vacuum

Dan, interesting find. I`ve done a couple of different battery-powered units and they really weren`t any good for a basic clean up. Just didn`t have the power/suction.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I only had one other 12v vacuum, that came with a conversion van I had a long time ago, that was pretty much an 80`s dustbuster with a cord. This is certainly more powerful.
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s good to hear the technology is good enough now to be useful. I don’t know how many of this type of vacuum I received as gifts over the years that I tossed in the garbage. I have thought about buying a rechargeable home type for my vehicles but they still run well over $100 for a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It’s good to hear the technology is good enough now to be useful. I don’t know how many of this type of vacuum I received as gifts over the years that I tossed in the garbage. I have thought about buying a rechargeable home type for my vehicles but they still run well over $100 for a good one.
    That`s a perfect way to describe it... Good enough to be useful.

Thread Information