Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soaps for washing coated surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It is kinda puzzling if Reset is indeed `stronger` than other soaps. I am also giving Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam a go as well in place of normal use of Gyeon Foam.
    That`s what I want to know. Is it (reset) marketing or actually formulated to work differently?
    I`m curious how W4 works for you. I keep thinking about trying it but I literally have gallons of soap.

Yeah, my 2017, 40k mile daily driver is now (by mileage) the oldest car we have so outside it goes. Additionally, with the Vette in the garage moving wife`s 2016 Civic into the garage as well leaves us more space in the full garage and eliminates the need for shuffling cars around as much depending on what car she decides to drive that day.

While she has been pretty much daily driving the new Vette since we got it home, until I get comfortable with just how much `abuse` the PPF`d Vette can take w/ regards to water spots, bird crap baking in the sun on it and the like, kinda wanna run it as a `nice day` car only for a bit. Since I`m not yet comfortable w/ regards to the PPF`d car and it`s strengths/limitations w regards to environmental incidents, I`m tired of washing it `just in case` when it`s had a variety of weather/environmental incidents that I`ve previously had issues with....getting better letting it go longer but I also just hate it when it`s dirty. Considering the $$ investment in the PPF, better safe than sorry until I get a better handle on what it can and can`t do.

Black is a stupid color to buy but I just never learn.
    I understand, you are learning a new product plus the $$$ invested and its a brand new vehicle. That being said I think you will find the PPF can take a fair amount of abuse. Especially when it is protected by a good product.
    I hear ya on black. My fiance has a 2016 Forester in Crystal black silica. It has been a pita in the butt. The car has turned into an accident magnet. Currently shopping for body shops that won`t destroy my polish and coating job.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It is kinda puzzling if Reset is indeed `stronger` than other soaps. I am also giving Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam a go as well in place of normal use of Gyeon Foam.

Yeah, my 2017, 40k mile daily driver is now (by mileage) the oldest car we have so outside it goes. Additionally, with the Vette in the garage moving wife`s 2016 Civic into the garage as well leaves us more space in the full garage and eliminates the need for shuffling cars around as much depending on what car she decides to drive that day.

While she has been pretty much daily driving the new Vette since we got it home, until I get comfortable with just how much `abuse` the PPF`d Vette can take w/ regards to water spots, bird crap baking in the sun on it and the like, kinda wanna run it as a `nice day` car only for a bit. Since I`m not yet comfortable w/ regards to the PPF`d car and it`s strengths/limitations w regards to environmental incidents, I`m tired of washing it `just in case` when it`s had a variety of weather/environmental incidents that I`ve previously had issues with....getting better letting it go longer but I also just hate it when it`s dirty. Considering the $$ investment in the PPF, better safe than sorry until I get a better handle on what it can and can`t do.

Black is a stupid color to buy but I just never learn.
    You will be very good with only useing Reset. If you do dilute it properly it last good too. I think that the prize point on it that makes people switch it up to a less expensive car soap. And if you have a good sealant or wax that is somewhat chemical resistant and many are. The use of Reset will not be a problem with useing it on the vehicals if you dilute it at the recommended 1:500 dilution. Cause the problems start when you ad that extra amount which many does. It`s just not needed with Reset IMO and IME as it`s high lubrication and awesome cleaning ability from it with the dilution 1:500. If anything if you wash it weekly and useing a great prewash you can test to dilute it weaker. I have used it at 1:800 and still thought it was great lubricated car soap.

If you where to use it with a foamcannon or foam gun. I would do the math on the dilution of when it comes on your paint. As in measure up on the setting you want to be useing and see how the chemical mix is diluted in both the foamcannon and the foam gun. If you are not satisfied with the amount of foam or suds from it on this setting. Honestly I would go with another option. But this is quite important to have measured out with other products too I think. Cause useing more than needed just for the foam can getting you problems with other things. Like it`s not so easy to rinse it off or even if it looks it`s rinsed off the surfactans left behind is not so visible other than water behavior. And if you are going to be doing a contact wash get a car soap made for them. If used as a prewash foam I would recommend to get a real prewash foam that you foam on and clean rinse it off. Car soap is made to be aggitated with and the prewash foamsare made to be foamed on and let it dwell so the chemicals desolves and loosen the dirt. I see it like 2 different products. And sure some can be working both in the bucket and being foamed on and washed with wash media. But prewash foam and car soap does almost 2 different things at least the way I use them.

Don`t know if it`s a price difference between Tac System Mystic Bubble and Carpro Reset car soap. But if you get the Mystic Bubble cheaper I would recommend to try it out. It`s very muchlike Reset but different color dye and smell. Other than that it`s like wash with Reset. Used the Mystic Bubble yesterday and it`s cleaning ability is top notch with great lubrication as Reset. For me the Mystic Bubble is $10 cheaper for the 1 liter bottle than Reset. But will get Reset just cause of it was the first soap that left nothing behind and I really appreciate that feature. So is nice to revisit to wash with it sometimes and I like to switch it up sometimes too LOL.
    Likes audicoupej, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

There’s the new WG Coating Shampoo out which has SiO2 gloss enhancers. Not sure if it’s significantly more than Mckees or not, but I could see these offerings being good for older coatings as a slight refresh when washing regularly.

Post Thanks / Like

Shampoo is one the top 3 most important product in my ~autopia~ arsenal. Mainly because I use it every 5-10 days, and what it use it for is a ~mechanical wash~. With that said, it cleans great and the lubricity I get out of it, I hope/like it helps with my ~mechanical wash~.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information