Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soaps for washing coated surfaces

I just picked up Gyeon Bathe + for my coated DD. Planning on getting Gyeon Essence for regular washes.
    Thinking of BF foaming wash as well.
    For now I will be using up my freebies from CG`s
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with others who say carpro reset. It’s the best wash for coatings in my opinion. I also like hyperwash which is a cheaper alternative. If you don’t want to use reset exclusively you could use hyperwash and then do a reset wash monthly or bi-monthly to keep costs down.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used McKee’s Si02 wash which I like. I definitely can’t wash my black car in the Texas sun without spotting though. I really like Feynlab Pure soap.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the micro detailer ceramic wash.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using Chemical guys Honeydew Snow Foam and Hybrid V07 Car Wash Soap on my coating, Works great and pricing was well worth it too.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I’ve used McKee’s Si02 wash which I like. I definitely can’t wash my black car in the Texas sun without spotting though. I really like Feynlab Pure soap.
    I too like Mckees SiO2 soap, good price especially in bulk.

ive also used PBL Coating Shampoo and while it seems to restore coating properties pretty well, I hesitate to vouch for it due to price (although buying 32oz during a 25% off sale makes it less painful - $45 for 32oz I believe). It’s also very concentrated at 0.5oz / 2gal.

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Pearl Shampoo. Inexpensive and works great!

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried optimum 1st time after coating. Had great lubricity and rinsed well. Will be alternating between this and reset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I think I`ll try the Reset and Hyper-wash, I just don`t need that much. I want it because I will be using a foam gun, and I hear the Reset doesn`t foam much, but the Hyper wash does.

On a related topic, does anyone know what Car pro Reload is? Is it like a sealant for coatings? Does it make them last longer? Is it only for ceramic coatings? I have an opportunity to get a small free bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agtjamesb007 View Post
    I think I`ll try the Reset and Hyper-wash, I just don`t need that much. I want it because I will be using a foam gun, and I hear the Reset doesn`t foam much, but the Hyper wash does.

On a related topic, does anyone know what Car pro Reload is? Is it like a sealant for coatings? Does it make them last longer? Is it only for ceramic coatings? I have an opportunity to get a small free bottle.
    It is a sio2 sealant made for topping coatings.
    It can be used as a stand alone. I have read that it will make last longer but don’t know. Their are better ones out their like Polish Angel Cosmic and Viking spritz’s, kamikaze overcoat, IGL Premier, shine supply Clutch and a whole slew of others....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a reason to just not use Reset 100% of the time for washing coated vehicles?

Have a big jug in the way, was just gonna use it for all washes on some of our cars.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Is there a reason to just not use Reset 100% of the time for washing coated vehicles?

Have a big jug in the way, was just gonna use it for all washes on some of our cars.
    I think the only reason not to use it all the time would be if you had a wax/sealant. It may degrade those. For your coated vehicles it should be perfectly fine. You might want to double check with the shop that did your wife`s vette to be sure it won`t affect the PPF. I think it will be fine but I like to always be cautious. The other reason I think people don`t use it for every wash is price.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
    I think the only reason not to use it all the time would be if you had a wax/sealant. It may degrade those. For your coated vehicles it should be perfectly fine. You might want to double check with the shop that did your wife`s vette to be sure it won`t affect the PPF. I think it will be fine but I like to always be cautious. The other reason I think people don`t use it for every wash is price.
    Thanks. The Vette has Kamikaze Film Surface Coating over the PPF so will likely be using the Kamikaze Anti-Aging shampoo on that for the most part. The Reset I plan on using on my SPS Graphene coated car and once I redo wife`s winter in Miyabi + Zipang, will likely stick with the synergistic Kami-Shampoo even though it`s ridiculously/stupid expensive.

Reset will also be used for washing occasional other coated cars. Generally have been a Gyeon Bathe guy in the past cuz I liked the bottles and color (and it never did me wrong) but I just get some kinda funny feeling that Reset is more ?powerful? than Bathe. And it has an oddly pleasing odor which is kinda strange cuz the smell reminds me of a dentist`s office. Also nice that Reset comes in big 4L jugs (which are unfortunately on backorder at AG) but will wait for order to process and go from there.

Just kinda curious as usually when Reset is mentioned, it`s often in conjunction with another shampoo and Reset is only used occasionally in normal routine.

The SPS Coating is very nice in that it stays pretty clean but after the first wash I noticed that some baked on dirty water spots took a little bit more attention to remove; they removed cleanly while leaving no trace despite my initial thought of "Oh, that`s the kinda water spot that usually leaves a mark". My daily driver (black Honda Accord) now sits outside 24/7 in addition to its 80 mile a day freeway commute thru endless construction zones so I was looking for a bit more `powerful` shampoo than Bathe and I don`t know exactly why I feel Reset > Bathe but that`s just the feeling I get.
    Likes Britsdaddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Thanks. The Vette has Kamikaze Film Surface Coating over the PPF so will likely be using the Kamikaze Anti-Aging shampoo on that for the most part. The Reset I plan on using on my SPS Graphene coated car and once I redo wife`s winter in Miyabi + Zipang, will likely stick with the synergistic Kami-Shampoo even though it`s ridiculously/stupid expensive.

Reset will also be used for washing occasional other coated cars. Generally have been a Gyeon Bathe guy in the past cuz I liked the bottles and color (and it never did me wrong) but I just get some kinda funny feeling that Reset is more ?powerful? than Bathe. And it has an oddly pleasing odor which is kinda strange cuz the smell reminds me of a dentist`s office. Also nice that Reset comes in big 4L jugs (which are unfortunately on backorder at AG) but will wait for order to process and go from there.

Just kinda curious as usually when Reset is mentioned, it`s often in conjunction with another shampoo and Reset is only used occasionally in normal routine.

The SPS Coating is very nice in that it stays pretty clean but after the first wash I noticed that some baked on dirty water spots took a little bit more attention to remove; they removed cleanly while leaving no trace despite my initial thought of "Oh, that`s the kinda water spot that usually leaves a mark". My daily driver (black Honda Accord) now sits outside 24/7 in addition to its 80 mile a day freeway commute thru endless construction zones so I was looking for a bit more `powerful` shampoo than Bathe and I don`t know exactly why I feel Reset > Bathe but that`s just the feeling I get.
    I think you have enough experience with both soaps to know what works best for you and which seems to have more cleaning strength. I`m more curious why no one seems to make anything that seems to be on par with reset.
    You got demoted from the garage?
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
    I`m more curious why no one seems to make anything that seems to be on par with reset.
    It is kinda puzzling if Reset is indeed `stronger` than other soaps. I am also giving Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam a go as well in place of normal use of Gyeon Foam.

You got demoted from the garage?
    Yeah, my 2017, 40k mile daily driver is now (by mileage) the oldest car we have so outside it goes. Additionally, with the Vette in the garage moving wife`s 2016 Civic into the garage as well leaves us more space in the full garage and eliminates the need for shuffling cars around as much depending on what car she decides to drive that day.

While she has been pretty much daily driving the new Vette since we got it home, until I get comfortable with just how much `abuse` the PPF`d Vette can take w/ regards to water spots, bird crap baking in the sun on it and the like, kinda wanna run it as a `nice day` car only for a bit. Since I`m not yet comfortable w/ regards to the PPF`d car and it`s strengths/limitations w regards to environmental incidents, I`m tired of washing it `just in case` when it`s had a variety of weather/environmental incidents that I`ve previously had issues with....getting better letting it go longer but I also just hate it when it`s dirty. Considering the $$ investment in the PPF, better safe than sorry until I get a better handle on what it can and can`t do.

Black is a stupid color to buy but I just never learn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information