Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Snow Foam product shootout!

The Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube just released a snow foam shootout. I wanted to share this as it`s not so much about the amount of foam you can get or how slick it is when doing contact wash. This is about prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. So it`s about cleaning ability and value and also how corrosive they are on bare metalls. Hope it`s okay to link this video but Autopia sells Gyeon Foam and Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam that`s in this shootout.

https://youtu.be/WmVeTbarlH4

If anyone know the code to get the video imbedded please share and I edit it.

What do you want from a snow foam?
    Likes lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow Foam product shootout!

Great review, we need Bilt-Hamber line at Autopia
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes SWETM, RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Or even in USA period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

One prewash foam IMO that comes close to Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam is Angelwax Cleanliness. It`s a orange peel oil based and ph neutral. But by far BH Auto-Foam is my favorite prewash foam. During the winter months I mix BH Surfex HD and AF 5% on the car. Autobrite Magifoam did impress in the test. And maybe I will test that out sometime.

Would have been interesting to see how the Griots Garage BOSS foaming surface wash had done in this.

Gyeon Foam seems to be a good prewash foam available on Autopia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    One prewash foam IMO that comes close to Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam is Angelwax Cleanliness. It`s a orange peel oil based and ph neutral. But by far BH Auto-Foam is my favorite prewash foam. During the winter months I mix BH Surfex HD and AF 5% on the car. Autobrite Magifoam did impress in the test. And maybe I will test that out sometime.

Would have been interesting to see how the Griots Garage BOSS foaming surface wash had done in this.

Gyeon Foam seems to be a good prewash foam available on Autopia.
    Have you used Anglewax FastFoam...and if so, how does it compare in strength as a pre-wash to Cleanliness?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Have you used Anglewax FastFoam...and if so, how does it compare in strength as a pre-wash to Cleanliness?
    Have not used AW Fast Foam sadly. Only heard that`s is a notch lower cleaning ability. But benefit as it`s double use as a contact wash soap too. If I would guess it`s around Gyeon Foam. It`s a foam that I would like to use as a summer season prewash. When it`s lower build up from road film.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have not used AW Fast Foam sadly. Only heard that`s is a notch lower cleaning ability. But benefit as it`s double use as a contact wash soap too. If I would guess it`s around Gyeon Foam. It`s a foam that I would like to use as a summer season prewash. When it`s lower build up from road film.
    As an alternative to Bilt Hamber, which we can not get here in the U.S., Cleanliness might be the ticket for a heavy road film pre-wash...thank you for the reply
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience - the benefit of snow foam is dubious. That being said, I use it from time to time cuz why not..

I’m pretty sure whatever soap you have handy + whatever apc you have handy = Bilt Hamber Snow Foam.

I have Bilt Hamber Snow Foam. It’s pretty nice and all; but once the gallon is empty - I wouldn’t spend the money to get it again. I’d just add some Megs APC to any soap I’m using and whoop there it is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    In my experience - the benefit of snow foam is dubious. That being said, I use it from time to time cuz why not..

I’m pretty sure whatever soap you have handy + whatever apc you have handy = Bilt Hamber Snow Foam.

I have Bilt Hamber Snow Foam. It’s pretty nice and all; but once the gallon is empty - I wouldn’t spend the money to get it again. I’d just add some Megs APC to any soap I’m using and whoop there it is
    While you still have some of the Bilt Hamber, maybe you could do some testing to see it`s effectiveness vs a shampoo/APC combo?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use griots surface wash? Comparison might be nice. Thinking of order a gallon of this and the autobrite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You can use only diluted APC and spray on or even foam it on. One big benefit with BH is they use some kind of corrosion inhibitors in their products. Forensic Detailing Channel did test these prewash foams on bare metalls and it`s an interesting outcome. Then it`s what you want from a prewash foam. And how you use it. IME it`s a help to get the vehical as clean as possible before you do the wash. I used a kind of APC before an alkaline degreaser and mixed with a car soap that is made to be used in a foamcannon. It works good. But in my experience and what have worked to actually desolve the road film without needed to be aggitate it BH Auto-Foam is awesome in doing this. Also it does it fast so the dwell time is only 3-5 minutes. Most of the other prewash foams I have used takes longer to break down the road film. And then you risk to get it to dry on the paint and that`s is not so good.

But hey we all think differently and whant different things out of products. So for you if your experience is that car soap and APC works as great as BH Auto-Foam then that`s awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting Tony!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quite honestly I’ve tried a lot of “snow foams” & concoctions and none of them were earth shattering. I always pressure wash the car before I touch it. I think spending a few mins to go over the lower panels slowly that way does more than any specific Snow Foam product. Same as rinsing your mit more or just generally being careful.

I used to buy the Kool Aid for a lot of this stuff: corrosion inhibitors, UV protectors, “ceramic” this and that’s, nano bridges, etc... $80 for a gallon of snow foam shipped from Europe. I’m just saying - consider cost and actual real world benefit of finished product maybe.
    Likes VitreousHumor, EXPDetailing liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quite honestly I’ve tried a lot of “snow foams” & concoctions and none of them were earth shattering. I always pressure wash the car before I touch it. I think spending a few mins to go over the lower panels slowly that way does more than any specific Snow Foam product. Same as rinsing your mit more or just generally being careful.

I used to buy the Kool Aid for a lot of this stuff: corrosion inhibitors, UV protectors, “ceramic” this and that’s, nano bridges, etc... $80 for a gallon of snow foam shipped from Europe. I’m just saying - consider cost and actual real world benefit of finished product maybe.
    Totaly agree with you that the PW is the one that does the heavy cleaning. I don`t pre-rinse before the prewash foam. That way IME it`s clinging better and don`t get diluted more so no need to have a stronger dilution in the foamcannon bottle. I have tested on a white car with a lot of road salt and road film with one side of it with just PW to clean with and the other side with prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. And sure it`s not a huge difference between them. But if looking closer you see the light grey road film more on the part without the prewash foam. The side with the prewash foam it`s not squeeqe clean either. For me this makes a difference when I do the contact wash. As it`s needs less aggitations cause of the little that is left is easier to wash off. Also the wash mitt and buckets is much cleaner afterwards. And this dirt is not so easy to clean up afterwards in the buckets.

For a well maintained vehical you don`t see a huge difference when you use prewash foams and the PW. I think though that in the longrun it`s helps to not get your LSP to be clogged up. Also with the less aggitations your LSP lasts a bit longer too. As I think that the aggitations when washing is the most aggressive to your LSP. So it`s not so huge difference when you use it but in the longrun I think that it`s worth it.

I totaly understand that the price is to high for BH Auto-Foam. But if you can get something close to it would be great. I get it about the double of the price that`s UK has on it. And that`s actually about the price of the great prewash foams here in Sweden. For an example I don`t by almost nothing from Meguiars as the price of their products here in Sweden is huge. A gallon of D101 is $45 and D108 is at $55 and D140 is $75. I really like the Meguiars mf cutting pad and a 2-pack is $45 those I get even the price. So sure when products is not available domestic or at a high price. It`s just some products is not worth it. On the other hand Gyeon Foam 5L is also at $80 as BH Auto-Foam is 5L too. That`s is a big downside with prewash foams that they are expensive.

And Bilt Hamber is not a detailing product company mainly. They do chemicals to the electricity products as Collinite 845 insulator wax was from the beginning. And they have a lot of products with corrosion inhibitors for use outside of detailing as their mainly purpose. So this is just not a gimmick they use as some do. I have their BH Auto-Balm wax which also have the corrosion inhibitors in it. Awesome on parts where the metall is bare as a deep rock chip and it don`t get any rust on it for about 5-6 months. Used it on deeper scratches down to the metall too with great success. Then that it`s has a good gloss and an awesome filling ability from it is just a plus in the way I use it. BH is a lot like Collinite as they don`t advertising and let their products speak for it selfs. Now I sounds like a fanboy LOL. The products I have used have been top notch in their category so far. Angelwax is another UK brand that has a lot of quality products. I envy the prices they have on BH and Angelwax in the UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information