Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

Quote Originally Posted by vlabal View Post
    I don`t really need another polisher
    They`re like potato chips, can you just have one?
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just updating this thread for those that might be interested. I just got in touch with Stacey @ Chechnya for a quote on these machines. Regardless of what part of the States you`re in, $66 in shipping for the first unit and $49 extra if you want a second unit. S15 is still $89 and S21 is $92. PayPal fee is $8 for the first unit and $6 for the second. So, if I wanted S-15 only shipped, it`d have been $163, and if I wanted S-15 & S-21, it`d have been $310. I don`t know how MaxShine Series II polishers compare with these Chechnya units, but with no warranty or replacement parts readily available, these units are not quite as good a value as they used to be when the thread started. MaxShine M15 Pro II can be had for $170 on Amazon right now.

Maybe shipping cost will go down a little next year and make these polishers more relevant again, or maybe they are still relevant to some. Either way, I wanted to share the updated info for those that might be considering these options.
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeanKTM View Post
    Maybe shipping cost will go down a little next year .
    The chances of that happening are about as much as liberal run states & cites saying you dont have to wear a mask anymore-- just not gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to agree with Mary on this one. I have tried multiple lower end models of polishers- and I know this is gonna make a few folks frown-- but I consider griots polishers (not polishes or pads ) lower end- owned and used many of them- and they just are not as good as the flex-- they just arent. My next polisher will be a rupes. That is my first hand exp. Hope all who have these lower end tools have good exp. with them , and hope they last a good long time for you-- they just are not for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I will have to agree with Mary on this one. I have tried multiple lower end models of polishers- and I know this is gonna make a few folks frown-- but I consider griots polishers (not polishes or pads ) lower end- owned and used many of them- and they just are not as good as the flex-- they just arent. My next polisher will be a rupes. That is my first hand exp. Hope all who have these lower end tools have good exp. with them , and hope they last a good long time for you-- they just are not for me
    Hmm, I do want to point out that BOSS G21 @Mary B has next to her Flex and Rupes is one of Griot`s machines made in... you guessed it, China. And, I think their G8 is an amazing value and one of the best in the category with or without price being a factor. That being said, I get what you are saying. I really don`t think Flex and Rupes machines are "over-priced", per se. Just out of some of our price range. And, the short warranty period leaves something to be desired. And, Griot`s Garage fills that gap between cheap knock-offs that are blatant copies of high-end machines (and quite frankly an unethical approach by these overseas factories IMO) and Flex and Rupes of the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a knock off flex 3401 made by spta it’s been good so far. It’s just a tad louder and bit under powered but I only paid $150 on eBay. I also run a shurhold 21mm that’s a beast it’s made for correcting boats since shurhold is a boating company instead of an auto detailing company.

I don’t know who make SPTA if anyone does that info would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I have a knock off flex 3401 made by spta it’s been good so far. It’s just a tad louder and bit under powered
    They even use the name FLEX in the part number!!! They claim it`s 1200W. Too bad for Flex it`s so costly to prosecute pirate imports.

The ebay price is $262 delivered. I see SPTA will sell direct for $149 + shipping.

Using a Geek 15% discount (Flex included) a few days ago and buying a $300 gift certificate with 20% ($60 extra certificate) at Christmas would net a REAL 3401 for $296.
    Likes William_Wallace, SeanKTM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought one of the SPTA Mini Polishers. Had some Amazon gift cars and pricewise it fell under that amount. I`m a hobbyist, so I wasn`t looking to pay for iBrid Nano, etc. The few reviews I saw on it said it was a decent alternative, but definitely not a replacement. I`m probably going to have to wait until spring to give it a shot, though, since we`ve got freezing temps here in NJ.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow the chechnya unit resembles my 1gen G15 a lot. And it also has a 900w motor. I wonder if they will make a cordless.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information