Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    There are a few `S` versions, which one for us hobbiers?
    Presently I have been using the PC 7335 for 20 yrs.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I was quoted $66 for 2 poishers by Checenya.
    Not bad at all. DHL got the polisher to me in 2 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    There are a few `S` versions, which one for us hobbiers?
    Presently I have been using the PC 7335 for 20 yrs.
    I`d go with the S-15

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Fwiw, here`s their address:

    Jiangxi Checheng Trading Co.,Ltd.
    Add:NO.1669,Beijing East Road,Nanchang,Jiangxi.

    Nothing to do with Chechnya.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    18336
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    I requested a quote. I think I may pull the trigger for the price. Fingers crossed.

    Edit: "Stacey" is very fast to respond, answered all my questions. I`m going to pull the trigger, worth giving the S15 a shot.

    This is what I got from her,
    "The price for one S15 is $89.00/pc,after checking the freight by DHL Hongkong is $38.00 to PA 18336,
    so the total cost is $89.0+$38.0+$6.0 (paypal commission) =$133.00,if you can confirm the price,I will make the PI for you."
    Teach me, Teach me! :tumblewee

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    18336
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by japjoe7 View Post
    I requested a quote. I think I may pull the trigger for the price. Fingers crossed.

    Edit: "Stacey" is very fast to respond, answered all my questions. I`m going to pull the trigger, worth giving the S15 a shot.

    This is what I got from her,
    "The price for one S15 is $89.00/pc,after checking the freight by DHL Hongkong is $38.00 to PA 18336,
    so the total cost is $89.0+$38.0+$6.0 (paypal commission) =$133.00,if you can confirm the price,I will make the PI for you."
    Alright, Got the polisher deliver yesterday. Shipping was fast coming all the way from China, 2 day shipped from Hong Kong. Ordering was super easy and received a lot of communication from "Stacey." I`m very skeptical of overseas ordering but there are some people/companies that are honest and do want return business. This is only my opinion. I was not a fan of how the polisher was packaged for shipping. The polisher is just sitting in a cardboard box with no packing material so it bounced around in shipment...no damage though. the Polisher itself is well made cast/injected plastic/rubber. All the pieces are well built. it is indeed using NSK bearings and steel counter weight. It`s very smooth and quiet. I`ve included pics and a video I made and uploaded to Youtube. Pardon my fabulous camera skills. I have not had time to test it on a vehicle but will this weekend.

    https://youtu.be/MfB8MI7ht2Y

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Teach me, Teach me! :tumblewee
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM, Loach liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  6. #36
    tom p.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    suburban Boston
    Posts
    6,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Very cool. Anxious to hear how it runs when you have a chance, Joe. I like the "CHE-CHENG" name plate! Keep us posted, and thanks again!!
    Cars: bringing people together

  7. #37
    dansautodetailing.com Stokdgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Posts
    4,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    In China, it`s probably pronounced -- "Cha-Ching".. get it??
    Dan F
    Likes tom p., SGM2008, Coatings=crack liked this post

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    In China, it`s probably pronounced -- "Cha-Ching".. get it??
    Dan F
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
    Anxious to hear how it works in real life.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the rotary. $89 including the shipping. I just can`t bear to pay $400+ for a polisher that I don`t use that often. We`ll see how smooth and effective that it is. Communication and purchase was great. BTW, seller does PayPal so I didn`t have to use my CC.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the rotary. $89 including the shipping. I just can`t bear to pay $400+ for a polisher that I don`t use that often. We`ll see how smooth and effective that it is. Communication and purchase was great. BTW, seller does PayPal so I didn`t have to use my CC.


    No idea how the rotary will be, but the S15 is awesome!



    Quote Originally Posted by japjoe7 View Post
    Alright, Got the polisher deliver yesterday. Shipping was fast coming all the way from China, 2 day shipped from Hong Kong. Ordering was super easy and received a lot of communication from "Stacey." I`m very skeptical of overseas ordering but there are some people/companies that are honest and do want return business. This is only my opinion. I was not a fan of how the polisher was packaged for shipping. The polisher is just sitting in a cardboard box with no packing material so it bounced around in shipment...no damage though. the Polisher itself is well made cast/injected plastic/rubber. All the pieces are well built. it is indeed using NSK bearings and steel counter weight. It`s very smooth and quiet. I`ve included pics and a video I made and uploaded to Youtube. Pardon my fabulous camera skills. I have not had time to test it on a vehicle but will this weekend.

    https://youtu.be/MfB8MI7ht2Y
    Let us know what you think! I`m loving mine!!

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    You have my attention as well. I`ve been itching for a long throw, forced rotation polisher, but I just can`t stomach the $400+ for one. I`m just a weekend warrior with my own stuff. Sometimes a friends or family members car as well, so spending big money on a tool that I`m only going to use a hand full of times a year just doesn`t make sense. I`m hoping it holds up well. Keep us posted.
    Big dreams, No cash, but a whole lot of creativity mixed with a little bit of stupidity!
    Likes tom p. liked this post

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    Not bad at all. DHL got the polisher to me in 2 days.


    I`d go with the S-15
    What are the price differences in the various S series models? I`m a hobbyist with a PC. My PC handle stripped out.

  13. #43
    Mary B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Burnsville Mn.
    Posts
    1,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    I’ve had a few cheaper polishers.

    Non of them compare in any way to these Works of Art !

    I don’t care how much these cost, worth every dollar !


  14. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Haven’t tried this but tried the maxshine who makes Griots boss polishers and a couple of other “inexpensive” polishers. Just pulling out of box and running a few minutes.... don’t compare one bit to Griots and the maxshine had cnc’d counterweight and NSK bearings. Love to give one of these a whirl to compare...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  15. #45
    AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    11,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Inexpensive Chinese Long Throw DA, Premium Parts....

    Does it glow in the dark?
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Mary B, Agent6er liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Long throw MF pads recommendations
    By 2quikta in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-28-2018, 01:29 PM
  2. Playing nice with a long throw.
    By mikejames in forum Paint Correction and Gloss Enhancement
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 05:43 AM
  3. Long throw technique help
    By JBM in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 11:34 AM
  4. Long Throw Polisher Technique?????
    By pwaug in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-21-2015, 11:50 PM
  5. Long Throw DA polishers?
    By TheSopranos16 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 09:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •